Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 268269270271272 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:21am
LOL
And IMO that's as ludicrous now as it was a few months ago when you first said it, but its a game of opinions I suppose.
How anyone can say the team who got 100 points in the premier league a few months ago (no matter how you rate the premier league), and this Liverpool side aren't in the top 6 teams in Europe is ridiculous. Its not as if there are a host of great sides across Europe at the minute.

Liverpool were a miles better team last night than PSG, and weren't even at their best. Yes PSG may have had one or two individuals who can be among the best in the world on their day, but they looked totally disjointed. Veratti's good, but again, he's only one player. He wouldn't cure all their problems. Far too many average players on that PSG team for them to be CL contenders.

Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:27am
It's a simple mindset to understand. 

U N I T E D, UNITED are the team for me.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Brendan's probably one of those people who thinks Liverpool fluked their way to the final last year via an easy route and can't admit that they are a good team.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:36am
There are plenty like that. It's not just United fans either. Take when United were really strong in Europe a long long time ago for example, so many fans of other clubs would consistently dismiss them as flukey or not much good, etc. Just never got it myself.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:38am

There are plenty like that. It's not just United fans either. Take when United were really strong in Europe a long long time ago for example, so many fans of other clubs would consistently dismiss them as flukey or not much good, etc. Just never got it myself.
That's true though.
In 99 they like totally fluked it.
QF's Inter bashed them only for Schmeichel.
SFs Juve bashed them only for Keano.
Final Munich bashed them only for the woodwork.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

That's true though.
In 99 they like totally fluked it.
QF's Inter bashed them only for Schmeichel.
SFs Juve bashed them only for Keano.
Final Munich bashed them only for the woodwork.

Would agree with that to a degree, but I was talking over a longer period in general how many just dismissed United even though they consistently in QF SF and finals over years and years, it was purely based on a rival club they supported.

The '99 CL was definitely a fluke. On another day Bayern win that 4 or 5 nil.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:09pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So how are you compiling your top 6? 
You basing this on CL performances over the last few years, league performances, or summer signings and current squads? 
Or just your own childish blinkeredness which I suspect.

To not have Liverpool or City among the top 6 teams in Europe at the minute is ridiculous. 

On what basis would PSG comfortably beat City over two legs for example? 

Embarrassed

The fact they have Neymar and Mbappe in the same side bud Thumbs Up

Early days in the European season, but Liverpool were miles better than PSG tonight.
You might need to revise that top 6 Brendan 

LOL Group stages my man, didn't Spurs beat eventual winners Real Madrid in last seasons group stages? I suppose it was a mixed day for yourself with Liverpool winning and Spurs losing.

Even though PSG have some really top class players on the books, they have absolutely no chance at all of winning the CL this season. This was clear as day when Real knocked them out last season in an absolutely spinleess, shameful performance. The problem is that the same squad is still more or less in place, with as little backbone about them. Neymar is still a totally toxic presence by all reports off the pitch and isn't much of a better presence on the pitch, and the managers who go there really don't seem to have much control. It will end in tears for Tuchel as well, it's just a matter of time.

Anybody who thought even before last night that PSG were above Liverpool in the European pecking order this season were off their game. Liverpool and City will most likely dominate the PL this season and there is a very good chance they will both go a long long way in the CL. Right now, avoiding meeting each other, I'd have them as the CL finalists. There are plenty of potential winners, but imo these are the top 2 at the moment.

In 2 legs over a knockout tie, City or Liverpool would batter PSG.

LOL never change Hans.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:15pm

Brendan's probably one of those people who thinks Liverpool fluked their way to the final last year via an easy route and can't admit that they are a good team.

Lads no need to get all offended just because I don't think any Premier League side are in the top 6 sides in Europe, no need to get all precious over the Premier league. Thumbs Up

Edited by BrendanD88 - 19 Sep 2018 at 12:53pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:46pm
When your favourite team/league gets dissed

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

LOL LOL LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOL LOL LOL

LOL  LOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOL LOL LOL
Hes obviously a nordie LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:43pm

The UFC fan is clued up on his WWE. Who'd have thought it.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 1:53pm

Listen, I've been as big a critic as anyone of the EPL over the years on here when they haven't performed in Europe. Last year they performed well in the CL though.
To say Liverpool and City are currently not among the top 6 teams in Europe at the minute is ridiculous. They're miles clear of anything else in the EPL at present may I also add

Delusion and biased views hold so many people back on here and in general when they discuss sport. Two English clubs are among the best 6 in Europe at the minute in my non biased and reasoned opinion, whoop-de-doo!! 
You would think listening to some on here that it now means I'm putting a union jack up outside the house. Just like I didn't buy into the whole hopeful predictions in the summer that Colombia were going to wipe the floor with England and were miles better, or that Steven Gerrard was going to be gone by Halloween. Removing the blinkers makes for a far better discussion.

I simply flagged up these ridiculous comments last night after witnessing one team who weren't in Brendan's Top 6, outclassing a team who were.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 19 Sep 2018 at 1:54pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 2:26pm
Yeah, I'd have City & Liverpool in the top 6 teams in Europe.

Barca
R. Madrid
Juventus
Liverpool
Man City
Bayern

I'd have PSG & Atletico just below them but there's not much difference between any of those 8 teams.

YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 3:53pm
It’s hardly an outrageous statement to say the top 6 in Europe would be Real Madrid, Barca, Atletico, Bayern, Juve and PSG!

Will you be removing Liverpool from ‘your top 6’ if they lose to PSG on the basis of one game?

That’s just my opinion and like I said previously, Man City are on course to make it at some point over the season I’ll let you know when they do buddy.

Liverpool finished behind United last season so surely you can understand why they are not in my top 6?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 4:14pm

It’s hardly an outrageous statement to say the top 6 in Europe would be Real Madrid, Barca, Atletico, Bayern, Juve and PSG!
Will you be removing Liverpool from ‘your top 6’ if they lose to PSG on the basis of one game?

I'll wait and see how the season pans out, but in my opinion Liveprool were better than them last season and still are this season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 8:50pm
City brutal that half. Haven’t liked the look of them all season and this is the worst they’ve been. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 268269270271272 509>
  Share Topic