Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:08am
Hard to call what team he'll pick. I'd expect starts for Bernardo Silva, Sterling and maybe Stones and Delph.

I wonder will he be tempted to play both Aguero and Jesus in the return leg against Liverpool.

I've been reading this morning that "Pep's vanity" cost him again and some pundits saying he refused to adapt the way his team plays. Was bringing Gundogan in to add more steel to the midfield in place of Sterling not doing just that, adapting after the league defeat there?
City never got their slick passing going at all last night, it was always just not quite right. Silva having an off night was symptomatic of that. That was their main problem, and a lot of that was because of the energy and pressing of Liverpool.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 Apr 2018 at 10:09am
Sponsored Links

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Hard to call what team he'll pick. I'd expect starts for Bernardo Silva, Sterling and maybe Stones and Delph.

I wonder will he be tempted to play both Aguero and Jesus in the return leg against Liverpool.

I've been reading this morning that "Pep's vanity" cost him again and some pundits saying he refused to adapt the way his team plays. Was bringing Gundogan in to add more steel to the midfield in place of Sterling not doing just that, adapting after the league defeat there?
City never got their slick passing going at all last night, it was always just not quite right. Silva having an off night was symptomatic of that. That was their main problem, and a lot of that was because of the energy and pressing of Liverpool.

If Sterling had've played it would've pinned Robertson back a lot more
Some people just deserve a slap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:19am

Yeah, I think that league defeat played a big part in what transpired last night. I think had that not occurred then Guardiola just goes with his usual system - and likely gets a much better result. Hindsight is a great thing but changing a formula that has worked so well for them all season seemed a bit odd. There seemed to be no balance to the team at all. He might not get it wrong often, but I think he has to hold his hands up and admit he got it very wrong last night.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

If Sterling had've played it would've pinned Robertson back a lot more

He had a nightmare at Anfield in January. When I heard the draw being made first thing I thought of was they shouldn't start Sterling as he never plays well against them. Having said that he did ok when he came on.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Yeah, I think that league defeat played a big part in what transpired last night. I think had that not occurred then Guardiola just goes with his usual system - and likely gets a much better result. Hindsight is a great thing but changing a formula that has worked so well for them all season seemed a bit odd. There seemed to be no balance to the team at all. He might not get it wrong often, but I think he has to hold his hands up and admit he got it very wrong last night.

Yeah, he got it wrong in hindsight but it wasn't through vanity, arrogance or failing to adapt.
If he'd gone with the usual set up and team and got smashed, then you could have accused him of that.
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:36am

Yeah, he got it wrong in hindsight but it wasn't through vanity, arrogance or failing to adapt.
If he'd gone with the usual set up and team and got smashed, then you could have accused him of that.

Agreed- he actually could have done with a bit *more* vanity. The 4-2-3-1 of sorts was a big change and not one that worked clearly.
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:37am
Liverpool were good. City were awful
Did Karius have a save to make? I actually can't remember
Game still on but the clean sheet is probably more important than the three goals scored
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:45am
citeh's biggest night under the pep regime, and they bottled it. they didn't get near to threatening a keeper that is pretty weak, and more than likely will be replaced in the summer.
pep has a midfield three to rival RMs of casemiro, modric and kroos. he should have stuck to that last night.
will be interesting to see how citeh start next Tuesday, but reckon pool will definitely score one. game over in my eyes. credit due to pool, rewarded with a SF with either RM, barca or BM. it's where any of united, citeh, Chelsea, spurs and arsenal want to be
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:47am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

citeh's biggest night under the pep regime, and they bottled it. they didn't get near to threatening a keeper that is pretty weak, and more than likely will be replaced in the summer.
pep has a midfield three to rival RMs of casemiro, modric and kroos. he should have stuck to that last night.
will be interesting to see how citeh start next Tuesday, but reckon pool will definitely score one. game over in my eyes. credit due to pool, rewarded with a SF with either RM, barca or BM. it's where any of united, citeh, Chelsea, spurs and arsenal want to be

How old are you and where are you from?

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:53am

I believe the appropriate internet parlance is 'A/S/L?'
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:53am

I believe the appropriate internet parlance is 'A/S/L?'

LOL

Its just a bit weird a man from Ireland trying to make a joke of how Man City fans from Manchester pronounce City in their local accent.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 Apr 2018 at 10:54am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by kingofkings kingofkings wrote:

Liverpool were good. City were awful
Did Karius have a save to make? I actually can't remember
Game still on but the clean sheet is probably more important than the three goals scored

LOL

That must be good stuff

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:01am

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

does that annoy you?

normally you'd be questioning me about my comment of "and they bottled it". which means you agree with me on that
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:03am
No it doesn't annoy me, I was just curious. Always found the Citeh thing a bit strange.
Well they did bottle it, too many were off their game.

Whats been your favourite night of the season so far, as a United fan? Last night, or the night Wigan beat "Citeh"?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 05 Apr 2018 at 11:05am
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:57am
+1 

it's a bit weird. Doesn't even properly reflect how anyone pronounces City, and it's more letters than City.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

+1 

it's a bit weird. Doesn't even properly reflect how anyone pronounces City, and it's more letters than City.

What? It’s exactly how a mancunian pronounces City!

I have no idea how the amount of letters it is has any relevance to it either
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:00pm

No it doesn't annoy me, I was just curious. Always found the Citeh thing a bit strange.
Well they did bottle it, too many were off their game.

Whats been your favourite night of the season so far, as a United fan? Last night, or the night Wigan beat "Citeh"?

didn't see either of those games. barca/roma on in the pub last night. don't think I could classify Liverpool winning 3-0 at home in 1/4 final of CL as a favourite night.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 12:09pm
It is up there with the Scouse/Manc insults in a pub in Edenderry or Tralee.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 509>
  Share Topic