Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 11:56am
33 goals in all competitions for Aguero this season, his most every in a season for City. Some going given all the talk of his future, and being in and out of the team after Jesus arrived.
He didn't have his usual mid season injury though.

Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The man who's place is under threat the most now is Raheem Sterling.
Jesus and Sane offer more

Need Kompany to stay fit next season, big improvement in the defence in the latter months of the season season when he was available

When Otamendi is alongside Kompany, they look like a top class partnership. It's amazing the confidence having a stable centre back alongside you can give you.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 3:50pm
The club confirm that both Clichy and Navas will leave the club in the summer

Carlsberg don't do Thursdays..........
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:03pm

The club confirm that both Clichy and Navas will leave the club in the summer

Carlsberg don't do Thursdays..........

great news for City alright.

I would imagine City will be buying a left back and a right back, any names being linked?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:15pm
Kyle Walker, Mendy from Monaco, Alex Sandro from Juve, a young Brazilian from Benfica, Fabinho

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:56pm
Willy Caballero is to leave, it is also confirmed. Thought he did OK this season for the most part. Suggests to me that a new keeper will be bought and Bravo kept as number 2. Willy was always a good keeper to face penalties!

Zabaleta to join West Ham too.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 25 May 2017 at 5:00pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:57pm
Clichy has been horrible for City for a couple of seasons minimum now. I thought years ago when they signed him he would turn into an outstanding full back and be the French top choice for years. 

Navas was always an average player. Quick but harmless in general. If they got in Walker and Mendy or Sandro the upgrade would be phenomenal. I think people still underestimate the importance of full backs in football. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:58pm

Willy Caballero is to leave, it is also confirmed. Thought he did OK this season for the most part. Suggests to me that a new keeper will be bought and Bravo kept as number 2. Good keeper to face penalties!

Guardiola really clearing out the dead wood. Hugely positive signs already for next season. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:58pm
Every season for the past 3 or 4 years I've been scratching my head trying to work out how a club who have spent the amount City have on players, still have Clichy and Kolarov as their left back options

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Willy Caballero is to leave, it is also confirmed. Thought he did OK this season for the most part. Suggests to me that a new keeper will be bought and Bravo kept as number 2. Good keeper to face penalties!

Guardiola really clearing out the dead wood. Hugely positive signs already for next season. 

Reckon Sagna will also go.
Not sure about Otamendi or Kolarov. Kolarov will maybe be kept as backup.

Kelechi to go too I would say, perhaps on loan. Poor first touch and offers little outside the box.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 5:40pm
Kelechi has been linked with Newcastle
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Kelechi has been linked with Newcastle

Would be a brilliant signing for them. Has an unbelievable knack of being in the right place at the right time and is a good finisher.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:15pm
Sagna away now too
Some clear out today
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:20pm
Amazing for supposed top clubs how the likes of Man City left their squads age and basically crumble to bits without constant renewal and signings of quality younger players. Those full back positions have been stinking for so long now. Even Zabaleta who was a very good player had clearly gone well downhill in the past couple of years.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 6:54pm

Amazing for supposed top clubs how the likes of Man City left their squads age and basically crumble to bits without constant renewal and signings of quality younger players.
It's a consequence of two things.
1. Changing their manager even after they've been reasonably successful. Therefore no new manager is going to embark upon a long-term plan by completely re-building the squad he has inherited, since the chances are he will only be benefitting his successor;
2. If you give a manager bundles of money, he's going to sign players at/around their peak i.e. 26 or 28, so as to chase instant success. And those players are only going to sign on a long term contract on a huge salary, which means they'll be hard to shift even once they're long past their sell-by date.

The fact that Pep is being allowed to clear out the deadwood, plus his end-of-season comments, means that he is confident that he will be given time to build for the long term.

And the fact that most (all?) of the people behind the scenes, at all levels, are so immersed in "the Barca way" will have reassured him further.

I expect serious progress from City next season - even if they can't quite reach the dizzying heights of winning the League Cup or Europa League Wink
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 7:33am

Was it positive when Mourinho done the same with Memphis, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:08am

I think people still underestimate the importance of full backs in football. 

I definitely think Guardiola isn't one of those people anyway. Having top class, high energy full backs is absolutely key to his system and is one of the reasons City struggled at times this season. Kolorov, Clichy, Sagna and Zabaleta simply don't have the stamina required to get up and down the line as much as Guardiola wanted and it resulted in him turning to desperate enough measures by trying out both Fernandinho and Navas as right backs on occasion. If City can get Walker and Sandro of Juve in it should really transform them.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 139140141142143 509>
  Share Topic