Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 2:21pm
Make sure you stay to the end to hear Zabaleta address the fans.
Lets hope most of them bother their arses to stay for it. Knowing City fans the place will start emptying out after 80 minutes for some bizarre reason. Angry
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Got premium tickets for the game tonight with work and Jackshat is tagging along. Looking forward to watching the people's club of Manchester Abu Dhabi securing their CL spotClap It's one of the best modern stadiums I've been to.

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Got premium tickets for the game tonight with work and Jackshat is tagging along. Looking forward to watching the people's club of Manchester Abu Dhabi securing their CL spotClap It's one of the best modern stadiums I've been to.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Make sure you stay to the end to hear Zabaleta address the fans.
Lets hope most of them bother their arses to stay for it. Knowing City fans the place will start emptying out after 80 minutes for some bizarre reason. Angry
gonna let most of the fans leave quickly as I can get away easier then on my crutches!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 11:37pm
What a send off for Zabaleta. Seemed to be a great night
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:05am

thoroughly enjoyable. Didn't realise the regard in which he was held. Good atmosphere throughout and a good performance. ..the kanu goal at the end cost me money though! Must try hit a European night there next season
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:22am

thoroughly enjoyable. Didn't realise the regard in which he was held. Good atmosphere throughout and a good performance. ..the kanu goal at the end cost me money though! Must try hit a European night there next season

You'll have no hassle getting pitch side tickets anyway. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 1:45am

Always loved watching Zabaleta play. Amazing how quickly he has seemed to hit a bit of a wall in his career though, physical wise. 32 isn't exactly old but I guess so many games playing like a full back full of beans have taken its toll. Still a good player mind, but think Pep is doing the right thing in moving him on.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:42am

Clap

Thought he spoke very well at the end on the pitch.
Yea Zaba is one of the most popular players at the club among the fans. He definitely improved from his first season or two when I remember thinking he was a bit of a liability, turned into one of the leagues best right backs and a real legend of the club. Here's hoping that other club legends Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero get a similar send off when their time at the club is up

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 May 2017 at 8:43am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:25am
Zabaleta was absolutely class in his prime. Unlike so many modern day full backs he was a proper master of the art of defending - similar to the likes of Azpilicueta in that regard.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:48am
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 10:11am
Great player Zabaleta think he could have still done a job for City next year acted as a mentor for new right back
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

You'll have no hassle getting pitch side tickets anyway. 

Take all the annoying Irish and Scandanavian tourists that I have the misfortune to deal with every weekend and the stadium in Salford wouldn't be too hard to get a ticket forLOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 1:17am
If Aguero stays, it will be interesting to see does Jesus play most of next season in a wider position. I think if Aguero goes and Jesus becomes the central striker he could tear the PL apart next year. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 1:34am
The #10 behind the Striker where he's played all his International career and he played against Watford is his best position tbh, not only is it his best but it utilises both Jesus' and Aguero's best positions

The luxury Pep has is the ability to switch to a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 at any moment due to Jesus' flexibility 

Edited by coyne - 22 May 2017 at 1:38am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 1:45am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The #10 behind the Striker where he's played all his International career and he played against Watford is his best position tbh, not only is it his best but it utilises both Jesus' and Aguero's best positions

The luxury Pep has is the ability to switch to a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-3-3 at any moment due to Jesus' flexibility 

Jesus is best position is 10 is it? Any time I've seen him with City or Brazil in the past year or so he's been playing mostly as the focal point or an old school number 9. He's been sensational any time I've watched him. Obviously he looks like a lad who could play different roles, and his position could be fluid when playing with so many other quality players.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 4:06am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Jesus is best position is 10 is it? Any time I've seen him with City or Brazil in the past year or so he's been playing mostly as the focal point or an old school number 9. He's been sensational any time I've watched him. Obviously he looks like a lad who could play different roles, and his position could be fluid when playing with so many other quality players.

He's generally always been behind the main striker or sole centre forward as a 3 upfront or a 5 in midfield, because he'll run so deep to collect the ball and start attacks, which is probably his best attribute - I very well remember when he first signed for City Aguero was dropped because Aguero doesn't offer that, hence why I said Pep now has so much flexibility switching formations. Can go 2 upfront, 3 upfront or 5 in midfield and Jesus would slot in naturally in any of those formations.

Edited by coyne - 22 May 2017 at 4:17am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2017 at 9:36am
The man who's place is under threat the most now is Raheem Sterling.
Jesus and Sane offer more

Need Kompany to stay fit next season, big improvement in the defence in the latter months of the season season when he was available

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 138139140141142 509>
  Share Topic