You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alan Judge - The Irish Messi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 21>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

MON went to watch him tonight and he's been less than impressive unfortunately. Was anonymous for the first 30 mins playing out wide, came infield and from there had a few decent touches and quick passes but alot of wasted possession. Taken off after 70 minutes. Hopefully O'Neill saw Brentford's game last game at Charlton

Went off injured apparently.....might be a question over his availability for Bosnia.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 10:17pm
Just the one assist tonight. Useless!

I like what I have seen of McCormack. He's getting on, but he's got a bit of power about him.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Bally O Telly View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bally O Telly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 12:25am
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

MON went to watch him tonight and he's been less than impressive unfortunately. Was anonymous for the first 30 mins playing out wide, came infield and from there had a few decent touches and quick passes but alot of wasted possession. Taken off after 70 minutes. Hopefully O'Neill saw Brentford's game last game at Charlton

Well he got and assist which took him to the top of the championship stats table, however overall rating for the game was not great, his 7th best out of 10. So that kind of fits with your description.

He got a whopping rating for the Charlton game 9.61! (only 7.31 for this game though).

Looks like O Neill jinxed him!

Maybe Martin should see this? Clap

Edited by Bally O Telly - 31 Oct 2015 at 12:38am
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2015 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Just the one assist tonight. Useless!

I like what I have seen of McCormack. He's getting on, but he's got a bit of power about him.

Always thought McCormack looked a decent player, versatile too, he can play in midfield, centre-back and was right-back of the season in L1 when Brentford got promoted. Unfortunately it's probably a bit late in the day for him to make the international breakthrough.

We're decent enough..
havelock squared View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote havelock squared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:58am
http://www.the42.ie/alan-judge-not-ready-for-premier-league-football-2415730-Nov2015/

Interview with Judge. Speaks honestly about his career so far and some quotes about working under Carsley. Even if he doesn't get some game time in the playoffs, might be worthwhile to give him a run out in the new year friendlies at least.
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 8:37am
Wins October player of the month in the championship
killer kilbane View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote killer kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 8:36pm
Passed fit t9 join up with ireland squad
And it's come through now to mackay... and it's there
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 8:40pm
Watching the Brentford vs. Bolton match here and Judge is playing excellently, very much in the Hoolahan mold. McCormack does a solid job in midfield too. I'm surprised the North haven't picked up Liam Feeney, he's a decent player and easily Bolton's best attacker. Brentford have a guy called Jack O'Connell playing centre-back also, he's from Liverpool but I've no idea if he's eligible.
We're decent enough..
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 9:40pm
MOTM tonight. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Watching the Brentford vs. Bolton match here and Judge is playing excellently, very much in the Hoolahan mold. McCormack does a solid job in midfield too. I'm surprised the North haven't picked up Liam Feeney, he's a decent player and easily Bolton's best attacker. Brentford have a guy called Jack O'Connell playing centre-back also, he's from Liverpool but I've no idea if he's eligible.

Does he always play the Hoolahan role. Never seen him play, but having another Hoolahan type of player is good for the squad
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 10:57pm
Seems to play there mostly for Brentford these days, although he was originally a winger, the same as Hoolahan. He's got Reids build but Hoolahans movement, and probably more pace than either of them. Very exciting player, could be a big asset for us.
We're decent enough..
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 1:53am
very mobile for a stocky player ,  one drawback is that he doesnt have a left peg at all, he is too much a right feet player ...  For the  Hoolahan role i prefer  O'Kane or McGeady tbh,  maybe ARTER  he can be an asset for right midfielder
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 7:57am
Roy Keane was at the match! Good to see he put in another good performance.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 3:09pm
anyone know where i could get extended highlights of the game to see him play a bit?? Judge has been immense for Brentford the past few seasons.. fairly sure he has a better goalscoring record with them than half our strikers! 16 goals in 70 games from midfield
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 6:52pm
Watched him for the 1st time last night, very impressed with his touch and movement. Definitely could be a good back up for hoolahan and deserves a shot in the friendlies next year.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 4:30pm
Just scored! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 4:30pm
Judge, jury and executioner.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 6:06pm
Establishing himself as one of the Championships best players this season.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 21>
  Share Topic