You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Joe Patrick Finn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:17am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

No one is knocking him, the Spanish under 21 is filled with gifted midfielders! He would need to make a serious impression in La Liga to break into their 21s.

What about Spain u19, which he's eligible for (and U18's for that matter)?  Would say he's in with a fair shout for those squads.  The opportunity for Ireland is he can be fast tracked to senior level (presuming he keeps developing).
Sponsored Links

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:19am
There's no U19's football planned for this year, as best as I know.

As it stands, all we have is some intent on his part.  Hopefully the 21's get to play in that Summer Tourney Jim Crawford mentioned and we get this lad, (and others) in and get a good look.

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:24am
I heard that the father of one of the Off The Ball lads was friends with Finn's dad and knows the family. Maybe he'll do another Kilbane trick and show up at Spanish underage wearing an Ireland jersey
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 9:18pm
What the story with this lad, is he getting any game time at his club?
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

What the story with this lad, is he getting any game time at his club?

He got injured around Feb/Mar last season and didn't play again.

He was supposed to link up with the u21s in Spain in June having recovered from his injury but he pulled out because his ma wanted him to concentrate on his exams (Think he had the equivalent of his leaving cert in the summer.)

The reserve / B team are only back training a couple days, he wasn't involved in their friendly over the weekend there.

B teams season kicks off on the 5th Sept, so keep an eye out there I guess.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 10:37pm
Doesn't seem to be part of the first team squad at the moment, in fairness he's still only 17 so not the end of the world by any means. Will probably play in the lower leagues with Getafe B for the next while, similar to Johansson with Sevilla B last season.

Getafe are a lot weaker than Sevilla of course, so if he does well at that level they might call him back up again. Hopefully we see him with the 21s next month.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 11:57am
Boy long time since i saw anything worte about him
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 12:16pm
He's Finnished.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:13pm
In Getafes first team squad for their game tonight against Atletico Madrid.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

In Getafes first team squad for their game tonight against Atletico Madrid.

Interesting 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:21pm
Yep, good to see his standing at the club there.
Still yet to kick a ball for Ireland but here's hoping he is 100% fit for the 21's double-header at home next month.
pateen View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pateen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:35pm
Great to see
Flying so high, trying to remember
How many cigarettes did I bring along?
When I get down I'll jump in a taxi cab
Driving through London town, to cry you a song
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 3:45pm
Did they ever say why he wasn't included in the last squad but still travelled and trained with them?

Passport issue maybe? I could see why he wouldn't have gotten one yet as he would have been fine with just his Spanish one.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 10:49pm
Might have wanted a look around the setup before committing to anything. Will be very interesting to see if he's in the next squad.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:07pm
I don't know how reputable TEAMtalk is but the site is linking him with Man Utd, Leeds, Everton and Burnley.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I don't know how reputable TEAMtalk is but the site is linking him with Man Utd, Leeds, Everton and Burnley.

Hotlips you know very well that such speculating always leads to the 'cap him before it's too late' brigade. LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:11pm

I think they had jazzy Jeff signed for Milan
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 6:32pm

Couldnt see him uprooting from his family in Spain while on the edge of first team football in La Liga with a club that highly rates him so highly to go to and sit in the youth teams for a couple of year in some dreary sh*tholes in the UK. None of those clubs mentioned are particularly notorious for bringing youth through. Not in a very long time anyway.

Edited by Bandwagon - 05 Oct 2021 at 6:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213>
  Share Topic