You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers supporters in Ireland thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote togo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:55pm
I doubt if Kerr was a rangers supporter, Maybury is though. Nothing wrong with following a team for football reasons but when politics influences the decision then that is wrong.
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Not winding up here, and i know this thread was started as one of those completely unfunny and at this stage played out ybig 'jokes', however, are these people from Galway, Dublin or wherever that you know who support the Huns serious fans or just doing it for a bit of attention seeking and winding up?

do they support ireland as well?
What do they think of every Irish international that plays at Ibrox being roundly booed for example?

Brian Kerr is a Rangers fan as was his father and grandfather.  3 recent Irish Internationals Ritchie Sadlier, Alan Maybury and a 3rd who hasn't gone public are/were Rangers fans. 

I know quite a few Rangers fans in the Republic and they are as serious as your average Man United or Liverpool fan eg 1 home game every couple of seasons and watch the games on tv. 

I know of one of our regular aways fans under Jack who also followed Rangers everywhere at the time incl numerous european aways.  Haven't seen him at any of our games recently.

I know of a family of season ticket holders in the Aviva who went to Ibrox at least once this season and do follow Rangers - father went a bit more often before he had the kids.  

A former colleague goes to most home games and went to Japan(his only aways afaik although he could well be in Poland) and went to quite a few Rangers games.

Just because Rangers fans don't feel the need to show their British club allegiances at RoI games doesn't mean they don't exist. 

Spare me the anti Irish rubbish.  Rangers fans are anti Celtic (I wonder why Big smile) not anti Irish.
that must be one of the most ignorant statements ever on this forum. The whole make-up of the club was driven by its anti-irish agenda, how any irish person could support rangers is beyond me they are either extremely ignorant or are very self loathing Irishmen. An Irish man supporting rangers is one of the biggest contradictions going.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 8:23pm
Walked into a rangers fans pub in glasgow city centre by mistake after the old firm derby last year. Thank fook I wasnt wearing colours as it was full of scum looking for trouble. Kept my mouth shut and walked straight out.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Walked into a rangers fans pub in glasgow city centre by mistake after the old firm derby last year. Thank fook I wasnt wearing colours as it was full of scum looking for trouble. Kept my mouth shut and walked straight out.

why didnt ya take them on ya pussy? Big smile

just walk in bollock naked with nothing on but a pair of socks and a KISS ME IM IRISH novelty hat
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Not winding up here, and i know this thread was started as one of those completely unfunny and at this stage played out ybig 'jokes', however, are these people from Galway, Dublin or wherever that you know who support the Huns serious fans or just doing it for a bit of attention seeking and winding up?

What do they think of every Irish international that plays at Ibrox being roundly booed for example?

Brian Kerr is a Rangers fan as was his father and grandfather.  3 recent Irish Internationals Ritchie Sadlier, Alan Maybury and a 3rd who hasn't gone public are/were Rangers fans. 

I know quite a few Rangers fans in the Republic and they are as serious as your average Man United or Liverpool fan eg 1 home game every couple of seasons and watch the games on tv. 

I know of one of our regular aways fans under Jack who also followed Rangers everywhere at the time incl numerous european aways.  Haven't seen him at any of our games recently.

I know of a family of season ticket holders in the Aviva who went to Ibrox at least once this season and do follow Rangers - father went a bit more often before he had the kids.  

A former colleague goes to most home games and went to Japan(his only aways afaik although he could well be in Poland) and went to quite a few Rangers games.

Just because Rangers fans don't feel the need to show their British club allegiances at RoI games doesn't mean they don't exist. 

Spare me the anti Irish rubbish.  Rangers fans are anti Celtic (I wonder why Big smile) not anti Irish.
that must be one of the most ignorant statements ever on this forum. The whole make-up of the club was driven by its anti-irish agenda, how any irish person could support rangers is beyond me they are either extremely ignorant or are very self loathing Irishmen. An Irish man supporting rangers is one of the biggest contradictions going.

Agreed as they are a British club and surely Irish people should support an Irish club and hint I mean a real Irish club like Shelbourne or Cork City.  However the reality is that most Irish people support a British club although more likely to be Man Utd or Liverpool.

Re Andy O'Brien he was going the other way as part of the Boumsong deal.  All agreed until he got cold feet about the abuse he'd get from the Celtic support.  The first high profile Irish International to play for Rangers will become a figure of hate among the Celtic support aka Mo Johnson.  You need to be a particular type of character to accept that kind of abuse and most would say why bother?  Alan Maybury would have but he was never good enough. 

Alan Smith by all accounts seems to be getting on well and apparently got a great reception when introduced before  a home game a few weeks back.  

I think the anti Irish thing is a smokescreen from Celtic fans to try and take some sort of moral high ground as Celtic can hardly be considered anti British.  Rangers clearly have a hooligan element still in their support as do Celtic.  Rangers clearly have a bigoted sectarian element in their support as do Celtic.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:28pm

Agreed as they are a British club and surely Irish people should support an Irish club and hint I mean a real Irish club like Shelbourne or Cork City.  However the reality is that most Irish people support a British club although more likely to be Man Utd or Liverpool.

Re Andy O'Brien he was going the other way as part of the Boumsong deal.  All agreed until he got cold feet about the abuse he'd get from the Celtic support.  The first high profile Irish International to play for Rangers will become a figure of hate among the Celtic support aka Mo Johnson.  You need to be a particular type of character to accept that kind of abuse and most would say why bother?  Alan Maybury would have but he was never good enough. 

Alan Smith by all accounts seems to be getting on well and apparently got a great reception when introduced before  a home game a few weeks back.  

I think the anti Irish thing is a smokescreen from Celtic fans to try and take some sort of moral high ground as Celtic can hardly be considered anti British.  Rangers clearly have a hooligan element still in their support as do Celtic.  Rangers clearly have a bigoted sectarian element in their support as do Celtic.
Confused you really are showing your extreme ignorance on the topic.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
reabhloid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reabhloid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:31pm
give me an example of celtic bigotry then..?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:31pm

exactly.every club has their pricks.but i think the celtic fans will point out that rangers have a reputation so they have a higher percentage of sectarian pricks in their support which is fair enough.i think that FCUK UEFA banner will only tarnish celtic fans good reputation in europe and it would be a shame if they were dragged down to rangers level.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:44pm
ignorance once again, give me one example of celtics sectarianism, please do not confuse political ideals with secratiansim, sectarianism is based on religious discrimination. 

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:46pm
mate of mine, season ticket at dundalk and goes to every ireland home game is a rangers fan

said it was from playing football in the back garden with his cousin who was celtic fan, so he picked rangers and it just went from there

he has an ireland scotland match programme from a game in lansdowne signed by the rangers players that were in the squad that night

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

mate of mine, season ticket at dundalk and goes to every ireland home game is a rangers fan

said it was from playing football in the back garden with his cousin who was celtic fan, so he picked rangers and it just went from there

he has an ireland scotland match programme from a game in lansdowne signed by the rangers players that were in the squad that night
no offense to him, but they wouldnt piss on him after they set him on fire if he went over there.

Justice 2012 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Moyes Y.N.W.A. Youll never win anything

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 9:59pm
Some amount of seabass here
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:00pm

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

no offense to him, but they wouldnt piss on him after they set him on fire if he went over there.

have you experience of going over there and being set on fire?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:01pm
justice has arrived with a trawlerLOL

Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:09pm
Stumbled across an 'Ibrox Bar' in tenerife a few years back, happened to be wearing an Ireland jersey at the time. Went in to see what the craic was. The people couldnt have been more friendly, even offered to put on the GAA later that evening!LOL Wouldnt say its representative of all Rangers, but the ones i've come across ive had no trouble with.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:21pm

ignorance once again, give me one example of celtics sectarianism, please do not confuse political ideals with secratiansim, sectarianism is based on religious discrimination. 

Given you have already qualified your response you have plenty of examples yourself eg the IRA stuff. 

BTW I don't wish to make this a 20 pager and debate whether or not the IRA were sectarian or bigots or right or wrong or the good guys and yes I know the UVF et al were just as depraved.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:25pm

have to backtrack a bit here.sorry if my post came across like that.i didnt mean to imply celtic were sectarian because it would be a bit stupid if a club founded by immigrants became sectarian.i meant that celtic do have their own pricks in their support but rangers probably have a higher percentage given their reputation.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 10:26pm

Given you have already qualified your response you have plenty of examples yourself eg the IRA stuff. 

BTW I don't wish to make this a 20 pager and debate whether or not the IRA were sectarian or bigots or right or wrong or the good guys and yes I know the UVF et al were just as depraved.

how is IRA stuff sectarian? its politcal. celtic have employed protestants from day 1, some of their greatest players and managers have been protestant, namely jock stein and kenny dalglish, so remind me again how they are sectarian?Confused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic