Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers supporters in Ireland thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:00pm
@gspain you ignored half of my post why?

The fact Amoruso was the first Catholic captain in the clubs history which was barely 15 years ago shows what went on for years & years at Ibrox. Their anti-Irish , policy was brought in line with their anti-Catholic policy isnt that obvious?

They tried to sign Sheedy i'll give you that. But where is the proof of Rangers wanting to sign Andy O'Brien , iv'e never read or seen anything that backs that up tbh..

So just because Rangers have had one ex Irish international on there coaching staff in their history  should they be applauded or should it be seen as an achievement? 

08/09 season read that article Wink

Alex Stevenson  1930s , Alex Craig 1910s , James McCauley 1900s played with Rangers all Irish , how convenient Rangers no Catholics policy was between the 50s and 80s when no Irish player was signed. Another flaw in your argument.

Edited by Green Devil - 18 Apr 2012 at 5:19pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

Tiocfaidh Armani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiocfaidh Armani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:03pm
Rangers FC are the scum of world football and I say that as someone who has lived in Scotland for the last eight years and leaving shortly. You'll never find a more rancid anti-Irish or Catholic support anywhere. It's that hatred that fuels the tramps. Go and look up if Rangers flew the Irish flag as is UEFA rules when Shelbourne played there. Go and see who attacked the Shels support and even team bus when Shelbourne played them in Tranmere and ask yourself why was there so much violence towards a set of fans from a small family club. Oh yeah, they were Irish.

Scumbags as are the idiots who follow them 'for a laugh'.
reabhloid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reabhloid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

sure sections of the celtic brigade of our fans are so stupid they continually booed two differant peter lovenkrands when we played denmark in a friendly. the PA wrongly announced lovenkrands coming on as a sub and the wrong player was still booed anyway. when lovenkrands did eventually come on both were booed. embarrasing and pathetic really
what about Robin getting booed when he played against ireland... when did he play for  Rangers..?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:06pm

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Linfield jersey in the middle of the Nothern Irish support , what has that got to do with supporting Northern Ireland? Oh wait , there were Linfield players playing.

Darren O'Dea on the books of Celtic , not to mention Given and Keane are two ex Celtic players who could be the boyhood hero's of Celtic/Irish fans at that game. So is there any difference between a Linfield N.I. fan wearing his jersey with pride while still supporting N.I. , to a Celtic fan wearing a Celtic top with pride while supporting Ireland? Especially when there are current and ex players of both clubs on the pitch?

Did you also not think given the recession , some people may havent got the money to buy both Ireland and Celtic jerseys whenever they feel?

P.S. in an ideal world i'd love if everyone would wear Ireland jerseys to the games , but an item of clothing doesnt always define a supporter! 

do you seriously think that celtic jerseys are worn by Irish "fans" because O'Dea was on their books or because given and keane played for them?? also, celtic shirts at Ireland matches long before the recession!

the reason celtic fans wear their jerseys to Ireland matches is that its another arena to show their celtic support. it has zilch to do with supporting Ireland in my view.

Its a possibility even if its a minor one , but can you honestly prove to me i'm wrong? 

I know Celtic jerseys were seen for years and years at Ireland games Thumbs Up 

So if i wore my Sunderland jersey to an Ireland game in Poznan , i'm not showing support for Ireland by being there Embarrassed

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:06pm
there was a liverpool player roundly booed one time as well not so long ago, forget who
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:09pm

funny they only came to the match against the north. i sit in an area with season ticket holders and never seen these lads before or since. also, what has the celtic jerseys and flags they had got to do with supporting Ireland??

Nail on the head, thought the atsmoshere was dreadfull, every asshole from a 300 mile radius was down at it soley to give abuse. funny they never made down on the sunday a few days later
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:09pm

I have no time for booing players , i really don't like it.

But seeing as we're all Irish fans is booing Paul Green and Paul McShane not worse than the odd "Celtic fan" booing an ex or current Rangers player if there happens to be one on the opposing team?

never heard either being booed.

it was never an "odd" celtic fan booing rangers players. in fact a load of northen celtic fans turned up to the match last year against the north with the sole purpose of abusing the norths players. was unfortunately right beside them

And you can be fairly sure if we played up in Windsor, our players would be roundly booed and jeered. It's called rivalry.
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:11pm
Rooney and JOS were booed when they played at Ibrox a few years back , i remember it well.

One grew up in an Irish Catholic Family in Liverpool and the other was Irish born and bred , thats strange why they got booed at such a friendly club like Rangers.

MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:11pm
Alan Mayburys family are all rangers fans 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiocfaidh Armani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:11pm
Why are Celtic jerseys worn at Ireland games? Maybe because they're green and white. Just a thought.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiocfaidh Armani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:13pm

Rooney and JOS were booed when they played at Ibrox a few years back , i remember it well.

One grew up in an Irish Catholic Family in Liverpool and the other was Irish born and bred , thats strange why they got booed at such a friendly club like Rangers.

A bit why Rangers fans attacked Shelbourne fans in Tranmere; they're Irish. How anybody from Ireland can sympathise with that mob of scum is beyond me.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

funny they only came to the match against the north. i sit in an area with season ticket holders and never seen these lads before or since. also, what has the celtic jerseys and flags they had got to do with supporting Ireland??

Nail on the head, thought the atsmoshere was dreadfull, every asshole from a 300 mile radius was down at it soley to give abuse. funny they never made down on the sunday a few days later

But like can those morons be defined as genuine Irish supporting Celtic fans or just gimps looking for trouble by wearing Celtic tops?

I support Celtic but i only wear my Irish jerseys to Ireland matches.

Edited by Green Devil - 18 Apr 2012 at 5:14pm

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

I think all opposition players should be booed. Would create a good intimidating atmosphere

We're a bit too nice in ireland to create an intimidating atmosphere

or any kind of atmosphere in the Aviva it seems

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 18 Apr 2012 at 5:14pm
Jbyrne View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbyrne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

I have no time for booing players , i really don't like it.

But seeing as we're all Irish fans is booing Paul Green and Paul McShane not worse than the odd "Celtic fan" booing an ex or current Rangers player if there happens to be one on the opposing team?

never heard either being booed.

it was never an "odd" celtic fan booing rangers players. in fact a load of northen celtic fans turned up to the match last year against the north with the sole purpose of abusing the norths players. was unfortunately right beside them

And you can be fairly sure if we played up in Windsor, our players would be roundly booed and jeered. It's called rivalry.

northern celtic heads coming down to dublin only for the match against the north has zero to do with football rivalry. if they cared about the Irish team so much then they would be here all the time but thankfully they are not. my brother had his under 10 kids with him at the match and the explitive and hate filled abuse was a disgrace and has no place at any sporting occasion. the word "rivalry" is used too much as an excuse for biggotry and hatred.

reabhloid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reabhloid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 6:28pm
and there is no bigotry and hatred down in the south is there...everybody down here loves the travellers and the muslims and nigerians...and the romanians.....' republic of hypocrisy'....its not me mammy... it must have been the celtic fan...mammy
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Tiocfaidh Armani Tiocfaidh Armani wrote:

Rangers FC are the scum of world football and I say that as someone who has lived in Scotland for the last eight years and leaving shortly. You'll never find a more rancid anti-Irish or Catholic support anywhere. It's that hatred that fuels the tramps. Go and look up if Rangers flew the Irish flag as is UEFA rules when Shelbourne played there. Go and see who attacked the Shels support and even team bus when Shelbourne played them in Tranmere and ask yourself why was there so much violence towards a set of fans from a small family club. Oh yeah, they were Irish.

Funny you should mention this because a lad I know that plays on our football team only mentioned the fact that as a 10 year old boy he went to this game as his first Shels away game  and whereever they were after the game - they had a big spread on for a coach full of schoolboys etc...
Rangers fans came in and smashed up the whole place!
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
reabhloid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reabhloid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Funny you should mention this because a lad I know that plays on our football team only mentioned the fact that as a 10 year old boy he went to this game as his first Shels away game  and whereever they were after the game - they had a big spread on for a coach full of schoolboys etc...
the union.jack has been smashing up places for hundreds of years...they are just going with the flow of that cultural expression...!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by reabhloid reabhloid wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

the union.jack has been smashing up places for hundreds of years...they are just going with the flow of that cultural expression...!

Not a truer word spoken.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic