You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 138>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 4:17am
From Conte to Simeone, he must have a thick skin.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 4:40am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Kenny rang him earlier to wish him good luck. The deal has now collapsed.
Stephen Kenny rang Doherty when Doherty was on his way to the stadium for the medical. Kenny hummed and hawed and forgot what he wanted to say. By the time he managed to blurt out "Good luck Matt. You'll look fabulous in the Atletico jersey", club officials told Matt it was 11:01 and the window had shut. Cue Antonio Conte trapped in the phantom zone like Lex Luthor shouting, "I will get you for this Steeephen Kennnnnny!"

The Next Karate kid compared to your Evan F attempt

LOL

Know the one that’s one too many
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 6:13am
Strange move to cancel a contract in favour of a six month contract.  No security and probably won’t play much more than he did at spurs.  
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 6:24am
Pay off from spurs, take a shot at living in Madrid, set up for life either way…. Sounds good to me 

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 6:38am

Pay off from spurs, take a shot at living in Madrid, set up for life either way…. Sounds good to me 

Correct. Dawg got paidClap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 8:35am
Strange move.

Molina is a very good RB and Reinildo is one of Simeone's most trusted defenders.

Hopefully he gets enough minutes.

rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 11:07am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Kenny rang him earlier to wish him good luck. The deal has now collapsed.
Stephen Kenny.....

The Next Karate kid compared to your Evan F attempt
Know the one that’s one too many

As the GAA said to Kilmacud Crokes....I'll get my coat.
dangere_here View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dangere_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'm anticipating a lot of "Matt Doherty makes the bench" *fistbump* *Ireland Flag* tweets from Kenny's Kids in the next four months.

Came on 85th min
2 x passes in final 3rd 
Won 1 tackle
Pulled his left sock up
Wore rainbow laces 
3% pass completion
Fresh haircut

Fire emoji, fist bump, tricolor, strong arm emoji

Sounds like AC!
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

I'm anticipating a lot of "Matt Doherty makes the bench" *fistbump* *Ireland Flag* tweets from Kenny's Kids in the next four months.

Came on 85th min
2 x passes in final 3rd 
Won 1 tackle
Pulled his left sock up
Wore rainbow laces 
3% pass completion
Fresh haircut

Sounds like AC!

Shocked
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by dangere_here dangere_here wrote:

Came on 85th min
2 x passes in final 3rd 
Won 1 tackle
Pulled his left sock up
Wore rainbow laces 
3% pass completion
Fresh haircut

Sounds like AC!

Nah if AC was posting the tweet it would have a St George's Cross instead of a tricolour.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 01 Feb 2023 at 2:19pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 2:42pm
Wierd move as a Wolves fan that was watching him be mediocre in league 1/ championship until Nuno came along. Fair play to him probably won't play much but Spurs would of had to pay him full to get him to cancel his contract and gets to live in Madrid. 

As much as I loved him Nuno wasn't always sunshine and rianbows either even in earlier happier Wolves edition. So I imagine he's used to it.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Being let go on  free not going down well with Spurs fans it seems

I'm not surprised either. They have Emerson Royce as back up to Porro, what if Porro isn't up to it? They also loaned out the other right wing back Spence. Doherty didn't do much going forward but we always decent when I saw him defensively.  
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Wierd move as a Wolves fan that was watching him be mediocre in league 1/ championship until Nuno came along. Fair play to him probably won't play much but Spurs would of had to pay him full to get him to cancel his contract and gets to live in Madrid. 

As much as I loved him Nuno wasn't always sunshine and rianbows either even in earlier happier Wolves edition. So I imagine he's used to it.

Don't forget Mourinho 
It would damage this forums' reputation
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 3:56pm
It's completely win/win for him. Its not beyond the relms of possibility that he goes and knocks the arse off the next 6 months over there and Athletico offer him another deal. I actually think the football over there will suit his style of play.

If they don't, he's increased his profile with this move and will have no problem finding another club. The fact they don't have to pay a fee will be very attractive. Worst case scenario is 6 months from now he's back at a mid table PL team, with a tan on his back and few extra shillings in his back pocket.

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

Didn't he win your player of the season before Nuno ever came in ? LOL
We're decent enough..
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Didn't he win your player of the season before Nuno ever came in ? LOL

Yeah might have been 2016 or 2017. That was when he started to show more. I'm not insulting him for the most part he was decent for us but there was no predicting how important he was when Nuno came in and particularly our first few years in the PL. Nuno realising he wasn't particularly a good defender but a very good wing back was the beginning. 

Edited by SC92 - 01 Feb 2023 at 4:50pm
PaddyMaddenIsCounty! View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyMaddenIsCounty! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 5:02pm
Doherty got player of the year after switching to  left back for couple of seasons before Nuno Santos moved him to right wing back. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by PaddyMaddenIsCounty! PaddyMaddenIsCounty! wrote:

Doherty got player of the year after switching to  left back for couple of seasons before Nuno Santos moved him to right wing back. 

Always better at LB than orthodox RB weirdly suppose cutting in helped his attacking instincts shine. Even playing RWBhe likes to cut in side. hes not a get to the byline and cross guy he's all about one twos with attacking players and decent movement to get in good positions in the penalty box type.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 138>
  Share Topic