You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 138>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Conte should really tone down the celebrations after they score - it’s embarrassing 

Contes equivalent of the Kenny over celebration would be Spurs playing Lincoln Red Imps and playing absolutely sh*te and scoring a jammy goal to lead 1-0 and running off into the crowd giving all the fans high 5s before pulling his shirt over his head and sliding on his knees.
 LOL
Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by shakeyshamrock shakeyshamrock wrote:

Conte should really tone down the celebrations after they score - it’s embarrassing 

Contes equivalent of the Kenny over celebration would be Spurs playing Lincoln Red Imps and playing absolutely sh*te and scoring a jammy goal to lead 1-0 and running off into the crowd giving all the fans high 5s before pulling his shirt over his head and sliding on his knees.

Confused
It would damage this forums' reputation
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 8:48pm
8/10 for him 
It would damage this forums' reputation
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2022 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Great man management by Conte.  
Clap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Clap
×2Clap
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 6:06pm

In what way?

By choosing the right time to bring him into the team?

For you do know that Royal was serving the second of a three game ban for a red card? But Conte still picked him in midweek vs Frankfurt, since the ban doesn't apply to Europe.

Or am I missing something?

Anyway,  I was at the Everton game and MD certainly played well. I always thought him a much better defender than Royal (not hard tbf), but Royal better going forward (certainly quicker).

Yet to my great surprise, The Athletic recently posted an article which claimed that his stats showed Royal to be better defensively than in attack. Confused

Still unsure which of the two Conte will pick when both are fit and available - suspect it may be Royal, since when it comes to selection, Conte is pretty rigid, even stubborn.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Anyway,  I was at the Everton game and MD certainly played well. I always thought him a much better defender than Royal (not hard tbf), but Royal better going forward (certainly quicker).

Interesting take. Fairly certain he’s never scored for Spurs but has he ever even got an assist? Royal regularly looks lost playing RWB when Spurs are in possession. He’s quicker than Doherty I’ll give you that, but you are probably the only Spurs fan I know who thinks Royal is better going forward than Doherty.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2022 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Interesting take. Fairly certain he’s never scored for Spurs but has he ever even got an assist? Royal regularly looks lost playing RWB when Spurs are in possession. He’s quicker than Doherty I’ll give you that, but you are probably the only Spurs fan I know who thinks Royal is better going forward than Doherty.

Doherty is miles more productive going forward than Emerson, they're on completely different levels when it comes to technical ability. I'm not even sure Emerson is that much faster tbh, Doherty can look quite languid but he actually moves at a fair clip when he gets into his stride.
We're decent enough..
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 9:44am
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 11:34am

An old head on young shoulders
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/matt-doherty-im-quite-emotionless-quite-cold-people-used-to-say-i-was-never-like-that-but-in-my-head-that-is-just-the-way-it-has-to-be-42086916.html

I particularly liked the way he accounted for his relationship with Jose. Very different to how we might have perceived that here. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2022 at 1:25pm
An interesting perspective from Ireland’s current best player. Illustrates the almost sociopathic focus required to succeed at the very top level where the competition is so intense. YD certainly has what it takes.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 10:47am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Doherty is miles more productive going forward than Emerson, they're on completely different levels when it comes to technical ability. I'm not even sure Emerson is that much faster tbh, Doherty can look quite languid but he actually moves at a fair clip when he gets into his stride.

'Sneaky fast' as they call it in the NFL.
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 3:31pm
Back to the bench with Royal suspension finished 
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by wanderer wanderer wrote:

Back to the bench with Royal suspension finished 

Ouch
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 4:05pm
Hardly a shock this. I could have guessed the team before kick off change the 2 wing backs. Does Conte ever do anything else. Felt sorry for Doherty and Perisic the other night completely innocent parties in that mess of a team Conte threw out 5 defenders and 3 holding midfielders!
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 4:14pm
Hope they get a hammering today with another Emerson shocker
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Hardly a shock this. I could have guessed the team before kick off change the 2 wing backs. Does Conte ever do anything else. Felt sorry for Doherty and Perisic the other night completely innocent parties in that mess of a team Conte threw out 5 defenders and 3 holding midfielders!

They're usually the first to go in that formation, they're just the most obvious "transferable parts". Would agree neither of them did anything much wrong in the game, but there you go.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 138>
  Share Topic