You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Matt Doherty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 138>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 12:47pm
Alasdair Gold says Conte was talking about Spence and why he wasn't playing when asked will he see game time and fans hoping he does. Unfortunately for Doherty he got dragged into it.

"Some of the fans have been hoping Djed Spence might get a few minutes with Emerson's upcoming suspension, will that happen?

The fans have to be fans. The fans is the fans, I understand they can think everything but I see every day what happens during the training session. I try to do the best for the team. If they trust me, then they trust me, but the choices are mine. If I didn't decide to pick one player it's maybe because he's not ready.

We are talking about a young player with a good prospect, but I repeat I try to pick the best team. Also Doherty last season played every game. Now I’m not seeing him in the right way to start the game. I'm not stupid, I don't want to lose. I try to put the best team, to pick the best team. If they trust me it's ok, if they don't trust me then I'm the coach and I need to take the best decision for Tottenham."

English isn't is first language so probably more poorly worded rather than Conte trying to go in two footed on Doherty in particular.
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 1:21pm
Probably to defend himself from critics if why he plays this player or that player. Does sound like Doherty is not up to the standard of last year though based on comment
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 1:38pm
At one point against Arsenal last weekend the ball came to Doherty from a goalkick. No one showed for him. He protected the ball and turned back towards his own end line, and moved that way. Still there was no pass on. Eventually he arcs the ball from near the end line across to the top of Tottenham's box, straight to an Arsenal player.
It wasn't good by Doherty or by Tottenham and I'm sure Conte was unimpressed.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Probably to defend himself from critics if why he plays this player or that player. Does sound like Doherty is not up to the standard of last year though based on comment

Yeah I'm sure he said similar before the internationals. That Doherty was struggling after coming back from injury to reach the same level he was pre injury.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 7:28pm
No start for the lad tonight!
Idah Dream!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 2:17am
YD proved himself to Conte last season that he was good enough to be in the first time. So this season why would Conte think he's not good enough? Maybe it's something to do with his knee injury. 

I'm more worried about that aspect then a manager talking in his 3rd language that might be misconstrued as been rude to the young lad

It would damage this forums' reputation
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 5:08am
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

At one point against Arsenal last weekend the ball came to Doherty from a goalkick. No one showed for him. He protected the ball and turned back towards his own end line, and moved that way. Still there was no pass on. Eventually he arcs the ball from near the end line across to the top of Tottenham's box, straight to an Arsenal player.
It wasn't good by Doherty or by Tottenham and I'm sure Conte was unimpressed.
Moving right along from green tints to conspiracy. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 4:38pm
Starts this evening away to Brighton

Edited by J89 - 08 Oct 2022 at 4:39pm
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 4:48pm
Mr Brick   "Moving right along from green tints to conspiracy."

Good for you Brick. When you eventually find conspiracy theories exhausting, come on back to enjoying reality in all it's wonderful complexity.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:23pm
Great stuff. Will give the game a watch so
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 5:48pm
He's been lively, full of youthful exuberance, but he should have an assist, absolutely butchered the chance!
Idah Dream!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 7:17pm
Excellent defending there from Doherty. Saved spurs. Conte be happy with that
WolfgangMhz View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WolfgangMhz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 7:20pm
Loads of new posts. Half of which are sh*t jokes. Not surprising.

Edited by WolfgangMhz - 08 Oct 2022 at 7:21pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 7:24pm
Contender for MOTM. Well played tonight, young Doherty.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 7:36pm
A little bit rusty going forward but a good performance overall. A clean sheet and full game Clap

It would damage this forums' reputation
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 7:36pm
Very disciplined performance belying his tender years. Has surely done enough to keep his place!
Idah Dream!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by WolfgangMhz WolfgangMhz wrote:

Loads of new posts. Half of which are sh*t jokes. Not surprising.

This
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 7:59pm
Delighted for Doherty. Clap

Didn't kick up a fuss when left out which I'm sure a strict disciplinarian like Conte would appreciate. 

I know he missed an earlier chance that looked easier than it actually was taking it in on his weaker side but he's excellent at timing his run getting into those scoring positions. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 138>
  Share Topic