You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Food Combos That Go Well Together

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

My brother's girlfriend, when she makes a pasta bake she tops it with cheese and then cornflakes, for a bit of extra crispiness. I haven't had it yet but the rest of my family said it does work.
I've heard that from a few people before and it's supposed to be nice. Someone I know swears by a grilled chickedn breast topped in cream cheese and cornflakes.

who are these people? Why in gods name would you add cornflakes to anything bar a bowl of milk...

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:42pm
Bought a bag of popcorn yesterday thinking it was salted, but it was a mixture of salted and sweet
Dead
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:34pm

My brother's girlfriend, when she makes a pasta bake she tops it with cheese and then cornflakes, for a bit of extra crispiness. I haven't had it yet but the rest of my family said it does work.
I've heard that from a few people before and it's supposed to be nice. Someone I know swears by a grilled chickedn breast topped in cream cheese and cornflakes.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:26pm
Are ye all pregnant?
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:11pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:05pm
Chips and ice cream
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:54am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I worked in a cafe a few years ago and one of the lads who worked there used to dip his chips in a bowl of custard.

I knew I'd seen that before in this thread. Chips and custard - it's an untapped market.

Had some soy sauce on pizza yesterday was nice.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 7:14pm
That food lad on Moncrieff said during the week that mashed apple and parsnip is beautiful. Dying to try it now, actually sounds good!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

The inability to tell the difference between hot custard and cold mayonnaise is worrying!

LOL I know but a nice mistake none the less
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 7:09pm
The inability to tell the difference between hot custard and cold mayonnaise is worrying!
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Was the custard hot or cold?

Hot

Might be worth a try so.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 7:01pm

Hot
dundon13 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dundon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 6:46pm
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 6:46pm
I'd have had the cake and lettuce with curry sauce
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

So many questions! How can you confuse custard and garlic mayo? Why was custard on the table at the same time as curry sauce? Why did you proceed to it? Had you smoked your own weight in weed beforehand?

LOL i blame lack of sleep

the way the counter was set up was as follows

pannis, next to chips and then curry sauce and custard the custard being the top one of the two, then a plain of glass and cake and lettuce
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:58pm
So many questions! How can you confuse custard and garlic mayo? Why was custard on the table at the same time as curry sauce? Why did you proceed to it? Had you smoked your own weight in weed beforehand?
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:22pm
Jaysus
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 5:22pm
I know it sounds like one for the Thick Thread but given that it was actually nice putting it in here instead
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic