You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poznan Celebration - Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:54am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Poznan folks won't really care. They won't be in the stadium, or at least not many of them. 

Also, singing another song in honour of Poznan isn't going to get any attention at all. The Poznan celebration at least stands a chance. The thing to be remembered is that the Poznan is actually a goal celebration, not like a facking mexican wave that gets pulled out when people are bored.

As it is, I would probably get involved if it started..... but only if it started after we scored and went up by three clear goals with less than ten minutes to play.

You are correct it is something that would get attention here and probably further afield.

It is not a goal celebration, it's turning your back on the opposing fans originally and showing the unity of your group....f**king hell the kids section do it here in Poznan as well. It's genius watching all the little buggers jumping up and down.

But it could be a goal celebration, sure why not, it's only a bit of craic ffs.

We only do it for a minute or two at most, so no point getting carried away, ten mins is too long.

If I missed us scoring while we did it, I would not give a bollox, I'd be more happy we scored.
Actually it would be f**king hilliarious if we scored while we did it.

I am going to the matches to support my country, not to worry that I might miss a few seconds of the action.

Sponsored Links

Jicked View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jicked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:12pm
Yeah you see I think a lot of grown men would have a problem with missing a historic goal because they were having "random banter" like that. 

Since people want to steal more things from Celtic, can we have "da bantz" by dressing up like John Wayne Gacey and his noncey looking pal here too?

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:13pm

Lets make a few lists:

Those willing to do the 'Poznan':          

Those not willing to do the 'Poznan':
MayoMark +3

Those willing to do handstands should they practice enough and get good at it:
MayoMark +3

Edited by MayoMark - 27 Mar 2012 at 12:14pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

the lads will need us to be as vocal as possible and cover the stadium in green if we re to get out of the group.i dont normally sing or make noise so i hope im in section with mostly ireland fans who are singing 

Do you mind if I ask - as someone who seems to be passionate about the national team - why not?
...and why now at a tournament you suddenly want to get involved?

Hope that doesn't seem like I'm having a go. I'm just interested to see the mindset behind the majority of fans who don't want to contribute to atmosphere at LR but go mental away (as say Paris 06). Is it just more drink?

i suppose im usually in the morgue east stand upper tier section of the aviva where noone sings and the atmosphere is static but i wouldnt mind joinimg in so ill be buying a SS ticket during the summer as its meant to be great craic there.i wouldnt have the guts to start a chant but id join in.i think though given the opposition we re playing we ll need to do everything we can to encourage the team because its a very difficult group.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Bet your bottom dollar if we go 1up v Croatia 80% of the well oiled Paddys will be doing this
It's spur of the moment sh*t
I'd probably do it for 10/20 seconds and that would be it
No big deal but some Superfans seem to have a problem with it

20% being us uber fansWink

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te ( and that includes 'dance moves'Wink) Thumbs Up

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

You are correct it is something that would get attention here and probably further afield.

It is not a goal celebration, it's turning your back on the opposing fans originally and showing the unity of your group....f**king hell the kids section do it here in Poznan as well. It's genius watching all the little buggers jumping up and down.

But it could be a goal celebration, sure why not, it's only a bit of craic ffs.

We only do it for a minute or two at most, so no point getting carried away, ten mins is too long.

If I missed us scoring while we did it, I would not give a bollox, I'd be more happy we scored.
Actually it would be f**king hilliarious if we scored while we did it.

I am going to the matches to support my country, not to worry that I might miss a few seconds of the action.

Speak for yourself!!

I've no problem with people doing the Poznan/Mexican Wave/Shoes Off for the BIG etc, but ten mins is a ridiculous proposal!
Jbyrne View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbyrne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

It looks fantastic when Celtic fans do it

who cares?

all these celtic fans living their support for their beloved british football club through their country. sad really. go and do these things accross the water if you want but I think Irish fans are more than capable of supporting their country their own way without having to bootleg everything celtic fans do.

shawty View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 3:39pm
Haha... on and on and on and on!!

I'll be doing it anyway.... think I might do it from 20mins in... and bring a book to read too.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by shawty shawty wrote:

Haha... on and on and on and on!!

I'll be doing it anyway.... think I might do it from 20mins in... and bring a book to read too.

Just make sure you get somebody to let you know when the game is over and it's time to leave !
damo21 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 5:55pm
What a load of Balls , who cares what people do , it's up to yourself , jayus most people will be caught up in the moment you won't even remember what your actually doing.
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by damo21 damo21 wrote:

What a load of Balls , who cares what people do , it's up to yourself , jayus most people will be caught up in the moment you won't even remember what your actually doing.

thats actually very true.with the hot weather and the games in the evenings i hope theres not too many pissed eejits and i dont mean the normal merry fan but the real horrible drunk who's aggressive and acting the bollox .we ll be drinking from the afternoon onwards ourselves the days of the games sipping pints in the sun taking our time and letting things take their course.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:29pm

Originally posted by Beavis Beavis wrote:

the lads will need us to be as vocal as possible and cover the stadium in green if we re to get out of the group.i dont normally sing or make noise so i hope im in section with mostly ireland fans who are singing 

Do you mind if I ask - as someone who seems to be passionate about the national team - why not?
...and why now at a tournament you suddenly want to get involved?

Hope that doesn't seem like I'm having a go. I'm just interested to see the mindset behind the majority of fans who don't want to contribute to atmosphere at LR but go mental away (as say Paris 06). Is it just more drink?

i suppose im usually in the morgue east stand upper tier section of the aviva where noone sings and the atmosphere is static but i wouldnt mind joinimg in so ill be buying a SS ticket during the summer as its meant to be great craic there.

That's it man get involved home and away Thumbs Up
<insert witty comment>
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:31pm
As the Deise lads  would say.  Organised fun bullsh*t.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 2:06am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

As the Deise lads  would say.  Organised fun bullsh*t.  

"Organised fun bullsh*" like the sound of that! A thread should be started to come up with some large, concerted chant/song... there are the usuals but what about something like what Celtic or St. Pauli do with the chanting back & forth from one side of the stadium to the other?
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 7:26am

The whole "I'm not turning my back to the pitch and missing any of the action" argument is ridiculous. If something of note happens, then turn around...... !! easy. There'll be plenty of people looking over their shoulder to let you know.

I have no intention of doing the Poznan for 90 minutes, but a 60 second bounce up and down would be a good laugh and quite a sight. Just join in if people start doing it and dont be a killjoy. Smile
Jicked View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jicked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 9:12am
Do you like Mexican Waves aswell schillaci?
Jbyrne View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbyrne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Boston Hoop Boston Hoop wrote:

A thread should be started to come up with some large, concerted chant/song... there are the usuals but what about something like what Celtic or St. Pauli do with the chanting back & forth from one side of the stadium to the other?

we should also wear hooped shirts and sing "hail, hail Ireland are here", "when Ireland go up to collect the euro cup, we'll be there, we'll be there" and "we are Ireland supporters faithful through and through". sure where would we be without celtic fans to show us how to support??

Edited by Jbyrne - 28 Mar 2012 at 9:22am
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 10:16am

As for "Stand up for the boys in green"....jesus wept, fcukin' Simple Simon....

and "Come on you boys in ______".... fill in colour for team of choice.....

Maybe,

Hello, Hello we are the eire boys
Hello, Hello we are the eire boys
Up to our knees in Polish Beer
We're pissed out of our heads
We look like, complete twats
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic