Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Richard Dunne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 53>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 11:20am
Sponsored Links

AlanH View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 11:23am
The man is a legend and provided some great memories. People will always remember the performance in Moscow, but I think his performance in Sofia in June 2009 also deserves a mention. He was a doubt for that game all week with a knee injury, but put in an incredible performance which included a goal and he kept Berbatov in his pocket. He was like a man mountain at the back that day and it summed up the bravery of the man and the commitment he showed for his country.

Given that he was first called up to the Ireland squad by Mick McCarthy when he was 17 (vs. Romania in April 1997) and still in the Everton youth team shows how highly he was rated as a young lad. Despite taking some time to get his act together, he went to fulfil his potential in an Ireland shirt. He's a great example to all young players.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 11:42am
It was an honour and a pleasure to watch him play for Ireland.  I would love to see him back involved in our international setup in any role as soon as his playing days are over. 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 11:52am
Sad to hear he has retired, he's irreplaceable, would love to have seen him have one more campaign!

Thanks for everything Dickie Thumbs Up 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 12:06pm
Right decision. Could have timed it better
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

It was an honour and a pleasure to watch him play for Ireland.

Jaysus thats a sorry state of affairs.

Is he the only world class player you've seen play for us ?
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 12:10pm
Here we go wum against wum
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
SligoLad_95 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SligoLad_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 12:55pm
Dunne was always my favourite player he left everything on the pitch and always seemed so determined and motivated I'm very glad I did get to meet him once and he even hung up his phone to chat to me and get a picture what a top man also, he has a pretty good scoring rate for a CB I used to love every time we got a corner and I would look at my aul fella and we would both say it ... "Dunne is up" unfortunatley now his time is up and I will miss going to games to see him on the pitch !
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and Iā€™m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 1:29pm
Great servant for Ireland and proof that even guys who look dodgy in their early career can still go on to be good footballers if you just have a little faith in them. He'd still be in our top 4 centre-halves as well so it's a pity he's chosen to retire.
We're decent enough..
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Just saying like Just saying like wrote:

It was an honour and a pleasure to watch him play for Ireland.

Jaysus thats a sorry state of affairs.

Is he the only world class player you've seen play for us ?

In fairness we haven't had that many in recent years.
PS - if you want to send me a picture of your mickey I'll send you one of mine LOL
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 5:58pm
Great servant. Will never forget him in the Siege of Moscow, what a performance
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
colombo View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:28pm
We haven't had a world class player since Paul McGrath.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 6:35pm
Eh one Roy Maurice Keane might be considered
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Moscow Mule View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moscow Mule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 8:30pm
Total respect to man who showed what playing for Ireland is about. We now have to find his replacement.
Who stole the Crow & Meatballs?
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 8:53pm
Cheers for everything Honeymonster. He'll be a savage loss.
Wait til Keano retires shortly and we could be in all sorts of bother.
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 10:14pm
Loved playing for his country. If we had a team of Richard Dunnes we'd go a long way. Alot mentioning his display against Russia but he also put in a serious shift against the dutch away in 2000.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
KILCRUISE View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KILCRUISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 10:44pm
Legend. All the best
may the road rise to meet you but make sure it does not slap you in the face
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 10:52pm
I got a free ticket for one of the best seats in the old Lansdowne back in 2000 against Estonia. The seat next to me was empty until an old man with 2 shopping bags walked in at half time and sat down. 10 minutes in to the 2nd half, Richie Dunne scores a goal, after the celebrations the old guy next to me goes "That's the largest arse I've ever seen in a pair of football shorts", picks up his bags, and leaves! šŸ˜„

Edited by Lenny82 - 01 Aug 2014 at 10:52pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 53>
  Share Topic