Richard Dunne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 53>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
trapisblind View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapisblind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:54am
tardelli is on a different planet, kelly seemed grand last fulham game,he hurt his wrist thats all,but its all set up for mcshane to be included now.
Sponsored Links

Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:50am
Its a bit worrying about Dunne especially when you consider St Ledger has been dropped from Leicester for a few weeks now, Clark is just returning from injury and Kelly in injured again, according to Tardelli.
trapisblind View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapisblind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:47am
they will use any excuse not to include mcclean,mccarthy and coleman,its pathetic.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 10:08am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

On delaying naming squad “We don’t know at this moment because we have many injured players I think it’s possible to change some things. It’s possible also to change the date. We want to wait on our players because they deserve to stay with us. We wait and I think we will speak with Giovanni and we know after one week if it is possible to do the squad or not.

On Dunne “At the moment [worry] is Richard Dunne. Richard Dunne is very important for us. We have a problem with Stephen Hunt, and (Keith) Fahey is out. Stephen Kelly is out. But I think the important problem at this moment is Richard Dunne because I think it is possible for the other players to recover very quickly.”

On Dunne being in squad if injured “If he is injured, is it possible for him to stay in the squad, no? Definitely not I think in two weeks everything will be okay. I spoke with him and we hope he will be ready on May 17th (the date the squad meets up).”

If Dunne, Fahey and Hunt are out “McCarthy we know. We know he’s a good player and now he grows because he’s playing with a bigger personality. I think now he is physically very good, very fit and I think whether in the Euros or in the future, he will be a very good player for us.

“McClean is a new player for us and he’s played very well all season. But I saw his last two matches and it’s true that sometimes you can play well and sometimes not. With young players, they can sometimes play two matches well and one match bad.

“Coleman is a definite for the squad of 30. Not definitely in the 23 but definitely in the 30. I think he made a mistake for the free kick when Liverpool scored the goal. His manager was angry because the goal came from it.”

Confused

As opposed to hunt who plays well every week?

The chap cant even get into the worst team in the epl
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 9:54am
Jasus Soccerc and Gerk. Your posts are more sensationalist than the Star's front page. Theres nothing new there. McCleish, Trap, Given, Dunne himself and, going by his quotes, Tardelli expect him to be fit. If Keane breaks a leg tomorrow he wont be in the squad either but we're presuming he wont have a set back.

I wouldnt even take into account what he says about the other players as its been consistently evident that he has litlle say in squad selection, going by his quotes in the past. Trap is his own man. But not surprising he (and Im sure Trap) noticed Coleman's mistake in the semi final, and the fact that McClean doesnt always have magnificent games.
rodney trotter View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodney trotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 6:29am
If he does miss out I hope we take a punt on Alex Pearce who is judging on club form a far better prospect than Mcshane or o dea in my opinion.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

I will be honest, having watched Dunne before he got injured in every game I thought he maybe had about 5 decent games and that's being generous, not saying we dont need him,of course we do and he is extremely important to us but IF he has not recovered fully in time then I dont think we should be taking a punt and hope he manages to pull through the games, it will end up being more costly on the team.

As I said I do think he will struggle to make it but I do hope I am wrong as a fully fit Dicky is vital to that team in Poland.

As for The Star paper? Nice bog roll  Tongue

Agree with that

Apart from the bog rollAngry
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:44am
I will be honest, having watched Dunne before he got injured in every game I thought he maybe had about 5 decent games and that's being generous, not saying we dont need him,of course we do and he is extremely important to us but IF he has not recovered fully in time then I dont think we should be taking a punt and hope he manages to pull through the games, it will end up being more costly on the team.

As I said I do think he will struggle to make it but I do hope I am wrong as a fully fit Dicky is vital to that team in Poland.

As for The Star paper? Nice bog roll  Tongue

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:39am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Think Dunne will struggle myself, dont see what the star have reported wrong here myself, this is true and they will him every chance to prove fitness, some people on here are very harsh!

Sure they formed an opinion before reading the quotes Sono

People always sl*g off 'lazy journalism'.
This is a prime example of lazy criticism

They don't want to believe Dunne may struggle so choose not to, despite them quotes from the assistant manager.

I think he will make it. But I would worry about his match fitness and sharpness
ake away the romanticism that surrounds the man, he is not superhuman and like others needs match practise before the Euros
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:32am
Think Dunne will struggle myself, dont see what the star have reported wrong here myself, this is true and they will him every chance to prove fitness, some people on here are very harsh!

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Harsh criticism of the star lads.

It's not as if they made it up.

SSSsshhhh, Baldy
]They made it up

"If he is injured, is it possible for him to stay in the squad, no? Definitely not."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:22am
Harsh criticism of the star lads.

It's not as if they made it up.

AKA pedantic kunt
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 1:17am
On delaying naming squad “We don’t know at this moment because we have many injured players I think it’s possible to change some things. It’s possible also to change the date. We want to wait on our players because they deserve to stay with us. We wait and I think we will speak with Giovanni and we know after one week if it is possible to do the squad or not.

On Dunne “At the moment [worry] is Richard Dunne. Richard Dunne is very important for us. We have a problem with Stephen Hunt, and (Keith) Fahey is out. Stephen Kelly is out. But I think the important problem at this moment is Richard Dunne because I think it is possible for the other players to recover very quickly.”

On Dunne being in squad if injured “If he is injured, is it possible for him to stay in the squad, no? Definitely not I think in two weeks everything will be okay. I spoke with him and we hope he will be ready on May 17th (the date the squad meets up).”

If Dunne, Fahey and Hunt are out “McCarthy we know. We know he’s a good player and now he grows because he’s playing with a bigger personality. I think now he is physically very good, very fit and I think whether in the Euros or in the future, he will be a very good player for us.

“McClean is a new player for us and he’s played very well all season. But I saw his last two matches and it’s true that sometimes you can play well and sometimes not. With young players, they can sometimes play two matches well and one match bad.

“Coleman is a definite for the squad of 30. Not definitely in the 23 but definitely in the 30. I think he made a mistake for the free kick when Liverpool scored the goal. His manager was angry because the goal came from it.”
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:59am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Tardelli: We may leave Dunne behind

Headline on Star. We may also beat Spain 4-0. Think he ahould leave the talking to the manager. Even if he has his arm amputated Trap will name him.

Ya, realistically, if there is even the slightest chance of him playing for only the last 20 mins of the Italy game, he will be going. In any case, didn't Trap say in last weeks interview in the training camp in Italy he had spoken to Dunne the week before and he was happy with Dunne's progress  ?
I know the Star has a duty to report what Tardelli says, but tis very much a sensationalist angle to take on it. 

Hardly sensationalist when it's basically what the man said. Maybe Tardelli is being sensationalist but as you rightly say, it's a papers job to report what is said.

What he also says, which is interesting, is that Trap may delay naming the squad because of the injury.
That, to me, tells me he is not a shoe in.

But the usual suspects still come on here and form on opinion on an article they have yet to read.

Personally, I think Dunne will make it. But it's hardly sensationalism to be a bit wary when the assistant manager speaks like this a few weeks before the tournament and after the seriousness of Dunne's injury
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:54am
Originally posted by trapisblind trapisblind wrote:

gerk what are ye putting up them stupid headlines for?ye are suppose to be supporting the team but ye are the same as all the rest just want to sell papers at all costs!!!

You lecturing me on supporting the team??LOL
Ya weirdo

Ps..the headline was written because it's what the man says - it's called reporting

Edited by The GerK - 20 Apr 2012 at 1:02am
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Tardelli: We may leave Dunne behind

Headline on Star. We may also beat Spain 4-0. Think he ahould leave the talking to the manager. Even if he has his arm amputated Trap will name him.

Tardelli is our assistant manager. Choose to ignore what he says if you wish
But the facts are that he does say that Dunne may not go if he is not fit and rightly so.
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:12am
What a sh*t paper
Here we go again
thenewguyis back View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenewguyis back Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2012 at 12:11am
it would be massively worrying if we had to manage without him, fingers crossed he makes it which i think he will
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 53>
  Share Topic