You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John O'Shea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 42>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:11pm
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:15pm
Was watching that clip earlier and never noticed that Stephen Ward wore number 2 before.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:02pm
Good luck to John in his retirement, a top player for us!
We're decent enough..
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:17pm
Best of luck to JOS, great career for us and no mention of him should leave out the goal in Gelsenkirchen V Germany, what a way to celebrate his 100th cap. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:59am
His goal against Germany will stand out for me. Was during my leaving cert year and was a big result on the way to France.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 8:17am
JOS gave me the best 30th birthday present one could ask for that night in Gelsenkirchen great way to celebrate it
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 9:26am
Loved Sheasy. From the day he nutmegged Figo I knew he was the one for me Clap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:39am
that goal against the world champions in their own back yard, unreal.ClapClapClapClapClapClap
a true gent, always gave 100% for his country.
enjoy your retirement john.Beer
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:46am
Well done JOS on a great career - both for club and country. It's great that he'll always be remembered for the goal away to Germany. The nutmeg on Figo was great an all, but the fact he did it in the red of United and not the green of Ireland means I'm glad it's no longer considered the abiding moment of his career. Goals don't come much bigger than that one in Gelsenkirchen.
RayHoughton View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayHoughton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 11:53am
Sadly missed. In his peak, he was probably one of the first names down on the team sheet.
George 'The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related' Hamilton

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:23pm
Another legend calls time , an absolute roll model for any young and upcoming player on how to go about carrying themselves in the modern game, a gent on and off the field and a big hole left in the international team set up now, enjoy a hugely earned retirement JOS gave everything for his country and more Clap
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 12:57pm
It just hit me there, but he's the last of our "minor golden generation", so speak. Given, Keane, Duff, Dunne, and now JOS all gone.
We're decent enough..
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:23pm
Great player , great man.
His achievements allied to his demeanor & the fact that he never lost his Waterford accent added a spring to every Waterford persons step.
Well done boy .
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Another legend calls time , an absolute roll model for any young and upcoming player on how to go about carrying themselves in the modern game, a gent on and off the field and a big hole left in the international team set up now, enjoy a hugely earned retirement JOS gave everything for his country and more Clap
A ham and cheese roll model?

A great servant to us alright, think he could have had an even better career( not that it is in anyway shabby!) if he had been developed in one position instead of four. Still, that just goes to show the sort of lad he seems to be, a true professional.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:35pm
Absolute Legend Clap Enjoy the retirement John. Would love to see him become a successful manager or coach and be back involved with Ireland sometime in the future.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 7:42pm
class act and class player- thanks for everything JOS
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:46pm
Well done to JOS on a great contribution to the Irish setup. Over 100 caps, two major tournaments (unfortunate it wasn’t more), unwaveringly committed to the cause. His membership of the top 5 Most decorated Irish players is just reward for his outstanding contribute.

Enjoy retirement.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 5:50pm
Signs for Reading 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 42>
  Share Topic