You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carlsberg fans village

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 36>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

think people are crazy paying that sort of money to sleep in a tent still each to their own
Be very little sleeping done over the 10 days NewryRep LOL reckon this 2 free beers and a pitch will mean no sleep for me in gdansk for 2 days(can sleep on the train back to Torun before starting againClap)

ProbablyPhilly LOLbut if it rains you are fuked and if its roasting you are fuked. I will expect the usual horror stories afterwords, campings a young ones game - no fecking chance of me and the mrs camping *

*unless it was ukraine and I dont know how i would of sold that oneSmile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:06am

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

think people are crazy paying that sort of money to sleep in a tent still each to their own
Be very little sleeping done over the 10 days NewryRep LOL reckon this 2 free beers and a pitch will mean no sleep for me in gdansk for 2 days(can sleep on the train back to Torun before starting againClap)

ProbablyPhilly LOLbut if it rains you are fuked and if its roasting you are fuked. I will expect the usual horror stories afterwords, campings a young ones game - no fecking chance of me and the mrs camping *

*unless it was ukraine and I dont know how i would of sold that oneSmile
If I don't get the rooms I want at the right price NR , we are very much on for camping a night here and there . Think I will bring the backpack with our own tent on this trip so to give us a choice if all else fails and seeing at I would be going to the Ukraine on my tod if we get that far it well it could be a the best move really . Geek
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

A very good plan Gerk , sono how long did you stay in the same place when you were backpacking ??????

3 days usually sometimes a week, was well sick of it after 7 weeks let me tell you!

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

A very good plan Gerk , sono how long did you stay in the same place when you were backpacking ??????

3 days usually sometimes a week, was well sick of it after 7 weeks let me tell you!

We'll be in Poland for 10 days, and with a bit of luck in the Ukraine as well. So Gerk's plan is hardly on the move the whole time or for a very long period. I'll be doing something similar I'd imagine
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 1:16pm
It's 2/3 hours between each town Sono. Hardly going to be jet lagged after it. A train with a couple of cans Thumbs Up
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by 4tothefloor 4tothefloor wrote:

Sure don't people pay it all the time over here for the likes of Oxygen and Electric Picnic, with sh*te facilities to boot. I don't see much of a difference really. If you can get a hostel for less than €70/€80 a night that isn't miles away you'll be doing very well.

Celtic tiger is dead, and the difference is that this is in an eastern european country.

didnt somebody do a comparison one time with Oxygen and some equivalent festival in Spain  including flights,tickets  beer camping etc etc the spanish one was cheaperShocked

Last minute I can understand people panicing but not 5 months to go. I would be confident hotel rooms will be released when the travel agent numbers fail to materialise and they dump the rooms back on the market. Italy and spain wont travel in big numbers.

If I don't get the rooms I want at the right price NR , we are very much on for camping a night here and there . Think I will bring the backpack with our own tent on this trip so to give us a choice if all else fails and seeing at I would be going to the Ukraine on my tod if we get that far it well it could be a the best move really . Geek

I am sure you and the mrs will get sorted - still only 2 match nights to sort ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:32am

Originally posted by 4tothefloor 4tothefloor wrote:

Sure don't people pay it all the time over here for the likes of Oxygen and Electric Picnic, with sh*te facilities to boot. I don't see much of a difference really. If you can get a hostel for less than €70/€80 a night that isn't miles away you'll be doing very well.

Celtic tiger is dead, and the difference is that this is in an eastern european country.

didnt somebody do a comparison one time with Oxygen and some equivalent festival in Spain  including flights,tickets  beer camping etc etc the spanish one was cheaperShocked

Last minute I can understand people panicing but not 5 months to go. I would be confident hotel rooms will be released when the travel agent numbers fail to materialise and they dump the rooms back on the market. Italy and spain wont travel in big numbers.

I am sure you and the mrs will get sorted - still only 2 match nights to sort ?
Yer I think so also NR but I don't mind camping as I did it in Italia 90 and we both did it in USA 94 now as long as it's donsn't rain it's a blast .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
4tothefloor View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4tothefloor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:42pm
Just got the mail back from them regarding the luggage situation. There will be an extra charge for luggage storage, no info on the actual amount yet. Luggage will be secured by security guards and organized via a ticketing system. I'm banging an email back to them to say I think it's a bit pricey with all the extra charges on top.
nkay1985 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nkay1985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 10:19pm
I'd say we'll stay here from June 8th-11th before heading up to Stogi in Gdansk. Little bit on the steep side but being able to book a shorter stay is good.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:07am
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

It's 2/3 hours between each town Sono. Hardly going to be jet lagged after it. A train with a couple of cans Thumbs Up

You're no spring chicken Ger Tongue It will take it's toll guaranteed, just how I see it and not very enjoyable to me, each to their own as I said already Thumbs Up

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:12am

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

You're no spring chicken Ger Tongue It will take it's toll guaranteed, just how I see it and not very enjoyable to me, each to their own as I said already Thumbs Up

Ye 26 now!
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:18am
LOL

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm

LOL

Confused

Get My Coat
bear View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 4:20pm
This is pricey alright, it all adds up
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 4:30pm
Does anyone know when they'll be expecting us to pay it?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
mcbolls View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcbolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 5:34pm
There's a three night minimum for campervans according to their facebook. Prices to follow.
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 12:53pm
Are people still actually waiting for this to happen?
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 1:25pm
Not gonna happen Scotty?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 36>
  Share Topic