Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=35551
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 8:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Carlsberg fans village
Posted By: The GerK
Subject: Carlsberg fans village
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:26pm
Think they will be doing one night stays as opposed to a minimum of 3/4/5 etc.
A two man tent will cost 35 euro each per night and you get a breakfast and two beers with that.

But you will have to bring your own sleeping bag

It looks very impressive and is a perfect option for those wanting to do a couple of nights in Poznan and Gdansk
Will have a floodlit football pitch and are planning tournaments with the other fans

http://www.carlsbergfancamp.pl/en/about-carlsberg-fancamp" rel="nofollow - http://www.carlsbergfancamp.pl/en/about-carlsberg-fancamp

Replies:
Posted By: bear
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:35pm
In fairness, this looks the business

http://www.carlsbergfancamp.pl/en/about-carlsberg-fancamp" rel="nofollow - http://www.carlsbergfancamp.pl/en/about-carlsberg-fancamp

-------------
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:36pm
It's the Euros Sono, everywhere is going to try maximise their profits.

All things considered, this is the best option for those wanting to go to Poznan for 1/2/3 nights

Posted By: whitesideOnside
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:38pm
Considering the price of rooms in Poznan?.. And the Irish fan
Village is a joke so I think this is reasonable.. You can provisionally book
Without paying right now ... Two free pints and brekkie also.. I wouldn't rule
It out

Posted By: McG
Would suit me down to the ground. Delighted with this. Hopefully it happens.

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: conor253
Gerk, have you heard from somewhere else that they will allow 1 night stays? As it says on the booking page that stays less than 2 nights are not allowed.

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

A two man tent will cost 35 euro each per night and you get a breakfast and two beers with that.

http://www.carlsbergfancamp.pl/en/about-carlsberg-fancamp" rel="nofollow -

Just as much of a rip off, breakfast and drinks true cost to provide  is less than a fiver but people may think it's perceived value to be more.

+1

Not to mention you are in a fukin campsite for the duration, can only imagine what type of durts will be in here, I will happily stay 2 hours away from here for 12euro a night in a hotel Big smile

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Just as much of a rip off, breakfast and drinks true cost to provide  is less than a fiver but people may think it's perceived value to be more.

+1

Not to mention you are in a fukin campsite for the duration, can only imagine what type of durts will be in here, I will happily stay 2 hours away from here for 12euro a night in a hotel Big smile

I want to stay in Poznan for at leaast 2 nights for the matches and this will suit me perfect. No way I will be wasting a night going back to Torun on a bus.

Conor, my bad, 2 nights minimum stay

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:49pm

+1

I want to stay in Poznan for at leaast 2 nights for the matches and this will suit me perfect. No way I will be wasting a night going back to Torun on a bus.

Conor, my bad, 2 nights minimum stay

Possibly want to do this myself but this would mean 6 nights at 35euro plus a sleeping bag you wont have much change from 250euro for these six nights, will be doing this trip on a budget and this is definitely not in the euro fund, enjoy though Thumbs Up

Posted By: The Count
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:57pm
this will be great craic doing 2 nights here I reckon, expecially if we play our fans matches at the venue Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 10:58pm
They don't have a location up on the website.. Anyone
Know where in Poznan it is?...I'm flying in on the Sunday
So this suits fine for first two nights.. Will head away to somewhere
Comfortable after

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:01pm
I'll try get location tomorrow Whiteside.

Posted By: harry
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:06pm
Ya location would be handy..... it could be in a field 5 miles outside the city, now that would not be much good stuck drinking shi&y carlsberg for the night perished in the middle of nowhere ?

Posted By: Justice 2012
Not planning on using my own sleeping bag so this suits me down to the ground
Great work Ger stick my name down son and I'll shout you a pint of carlsberg

Says 1500 tents available. First come first serve. I was given ref number 500... Mate booked just there 574. Booking requests flying in.

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Thank Ger ...hopefully a good gang from here go for this..
I'm booked in for it now anyway

Posted By: walsheman
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2012 at 11:17pm
seems like it be savage craic in there!!

-------------
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Justice 2012 Justice 2012 wrote:

Just got word from the agency, unlucky Justice your barredEmbarrassed

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Posted By: Mr.Mojo Risin'
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 1:23am
It looks pretty good alright but we've already booked into the other campsites that were organised.

-------------
Ahh heya!

Posted By: Justice 2012
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Justice 2012 Justice 2012 wrote:

Defo going now then so

Just got word from the agency, unlucky Justice your barredEmbarrassed

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:13am
Interesting, could be an option for Gdansk.

Posted By: ShannonHibs10
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:17am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Interesting, could be an option for Gdansk.

Me...You....2 man Tent?

Posted By: Mr Marbles
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:23am
Looks good this Thumbs Up 50 quid for your own tent 

Posted By: Bumble
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:34am
Just pre-booked for Gdansk X 4 for 2 nights, will use this if we can find no other accommodations.

-------------
CORK CITY FC ARE FIRST DIVISION CHAMPIONS

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 10:30am
Is that right lads 49 euro for a one man tent and if you share its 39 euro per person ?

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 10:31am

I reckon it'd be worth the extra tenner for your own tent...

Some time to relax on your own could be well needed.

Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 10:34am
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

I reckon it'd be worth the extra tenner for your own tent...

Some time to relax on your own could be well needed.

Yeah 100% some heat over there in June last thing you want is another pissed Irish man right besode when you wake up 

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 11:38am
Just booked 2 tents 8th - 10th Poznan in this, looks savage Clap

Now all I need is Gdansk accom 11th - 14th and then Poznan again 15th - 19th!!

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 11:42am
7 double tents booked by myself, Shannonhibs and Babbsballs for Gdansk (13-15 June). Gonna get the fun bus up from Torun on the Wednesday and back down on the Friday.

Posted By: manbearpig
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 12:31pm
Just booked a few tents for Poznan and Gdansk, looks like great craic!

Posted By: shano11
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 1:06pm
Created a group for people going to Poland, trying to get people onto it and get talking about pubs, places to erat and places to meeup over there : take a look guys :

http://www.facebook.com/groups/236452023096478/members/#!/groups/236452023096478/" rel="nofollow - http://www.facebook.com/groups/236452023096478/members/#!/groups/236452023096478/

Posted By: polkraine12
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 3:33pm

I just provisionally booked for 9th-11th and then the 17th-19th! the only pain is have a campervan but dont want to be staying miles away from poznan. the irish fan village is a total rip as i have a two berth camper and the min you have to pay is for four! i think this is the only option besides staying in the likes of torun? just a bit too far away!!

Posted By: dreamer
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 5:27pm
booked myself 9-11 and 17-19 and 13-15 gdansk looks the bizBig smile

-------------
every dog has there day

Posted By: Doyler
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 6:28pm
Booked in for the 10th-12th but will probably only stay on the night of the match and head back to Torun on the 11th. Anyone else planning on spending the one night and heading back to Torun on the 11th? Will a train back be handy to get?

-------------
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"

Posted By: JH91
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 6:33pm
Booked in here 3 nights from the 8th.
looks like a good spot. Anymore than 3 nights camping be too much for me

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 8:56pm
Booked in for the Gdansk match 13-15th and just gonna stick with the hostel in torun for the poznan games I reckon

Posted By: Monk
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 9:28pm
Booked 3 single tents for June 13th-15th. Provisional on acceptance of others. Torun will do for other days.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 10:55pm
just booked in for gdansk for 2 nights. less that 500 places left.... 

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: 4tothefloor
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 2:05am
Lads take it from someone who's been to Poland many times both North and South, if the weather is hot in June mark my words you will regret big time not paying the extra tenner to have a two man tent to yourself! I've camped in Gydnia at a music festival and shared a tent with my fairer half. Absolute sweatbox, so I can only imagine what it would be like sharing with a 14 stone farting Irish lad. It could very well rain too because Poland does get a mixed bag of weather, but even then expect humidity and a sticky atmosphere. It certainly won't be cold! Was last in Poland in early June last year on business and clammy wasn't the word. The extra tenner is well worth it. 

Also, for those based in Torun, which I am myself, I'd recommend you get away from the place for 2/3 days around the matches. It's a tourist spot, nice & quaint, has a lovely square surrounded with bars, for an Irish comparison think Killarney maybe, although it's hard to compare. But you will need to get away from the place for at least 2 nights around the matches to get the full Euros experience. You won't get it by staying in Torun and just daytripping to the games. You may also go a little bit insane. The Carlsberg park is well priced as opposed to the extortionate amounts the host city hostels and hotels are looking for, which was to be expected really. For anyone that thinks the fan park is expensive or OTT, enjoy sleeping on the side of the road in Poznan & Gdansk! 

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by Doyler Doyler wrote:

Booked in for the 10th-12th but will probably only stay on the night of the match and head back to Torun on the 11th. Anyone else planning on spending the one night and heading back to Torun on the 11th? Will a train back be handy to get?

You still have to pay for whatever you book as far as I can see Doyler

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 12:32pm
I'm only going for ten days with my brothers and some pals as our main holiday of the year so we're planning on living in the carlsberg sites for most of the time as we want to be in the thick of it and will spend most of the time boozed so won't really care where we sleep. The only thing i am worried about is storing valuables when out of the tent, don't want to have to heft a bag around with me at all times.

Posted By: damo21
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 1:09pm

Has anyone found out where these campsites are located ? I did e-mail them to find out

but still waiting on a reply.

-------------
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by manbearpig manbearpig wrote:

I'm only going for ten days with my brothers and some pals as our main holiday of the year so we're planning on living in the carlsberg sites for most of the time as we want to be in the thick of it and will spend most of the time boozed so won't really care where we sleep. The only thing i am worried about is storing valuables when out of the tent, don't want to have to heft a bag around with me at all times.

It says on the site that there's both storage for large luggage and then safes for valuables so that shouldn't be a worry...

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 1:20pm
The Gdansk site is in Sopot, a suburb of Gdansk, at the Sopot Hippodrome. It is literally on the railway station and has 24 hour trains running to gdansk which takes 15 minutes. I have no information on the Poznan site as of yet but will let you know when i do!

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 1:33pm

The Gdansk site is in Sopot, a suburb of Gdansk, at the Sopot Hippodrome. It is literally on the railway station and has 24 hour trains running to gdansk which takes 15 minutes. I have no information on the Poznan site as of yet but will let you know when i do!

Thanks for that , just want to make sure where they are before booking them.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 2:17pm

I'm guessing they will have it in a suitable place for transport to the ground etc in Poznan....Considering everyone staying there will be intending on going to a game it'd

make no sense to have it way out of town.

Posted By: MariborKev
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 2:59pm
The Carslberg Camp is going to have places for campervans as well, they just emailed me back there.

They will be updating the site with the details in the next few weeks.

Posted By: Chief
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 3:02pm
Signed up there, looks really good and if place for campervans, even better.
4onthefloor, if its too hot, why not just open the door.

-------------
Too Many Chiefs, not Enough Indians

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by MariborKev MariborKev wrote:

The Carslberg Camp is going to have places for campervans as well, they just emailed me back there.

They will be updating the site with the details in the next few weeks.
Good stuffClap

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2012 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Max Power Max Power wrote:

It says on the site that there's both storage for large luggage and then safes for valuables so that shouldn't be a worry...

Ya probably another 15/20 quid a night!

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:25am
Booked 6 nights game night and night before the games. One man tent all the way it'll be sweaty enough without sharing with some other f**ker

We we're told that the Poznan camp would be right bang in the centre of Poznan - but doubt that, but should be very close all the same. Saves on taxi's and hassle.

Having done a fair few music festivals - I'll be bringing my air bed, great nights kip guaranteed. A foam mat is sh*t.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:03am
I'm thinking this

FRIDAY JUNE 8 - Berlin

SATURDAY JUNE 9: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

SUNDAY JUNE 10: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

MONDAY JUNE 11: Torun

TUESDAY JUNE 12: Torun

WEDNESDAY JUNE 13: Carlsberg Village, Gdansk

THURSDAY JUNE 14: Carlsberg Village, Gdansk

FRIDAY JUNE 15: Torun

SATURDAY JUNE 16: Torun

SUNDAY JUNE 17: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

MONDAY JUNE 18: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

TUESDAY JUNE 19: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 1:57am
Ger it's a serious amount of trekking around for 10/11 days, wouldn't fancy all that movement myself but each to their own I suppose Thumbs Up

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 7:01am
A very good plan Gerk , sono how long did you stay in the same place when you were backpacking ??????

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: OnyaByke
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 9:57am
That's very similar to our plan GerK, there's 12 of us and at the moment it's looking like:

SATURDAY JUNE 9: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

SUNDAY JUNE 10: Carlsberg Village, Poznan

WEDNESDAY JUNE 13: Torun

THURSDAY JUNE 14: Carlsberg Village, Gdansk

FRIDAY JUNE 15: Carlsberg Village, Gdansk

SATURDAY JUNE 16: Torun

SUNDAY JUNE 17: Torun

MONDAY JUNE 18: Somewhere in Poznan hopefully!

TUESDAY JUNE 19: Home

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 10:09am
got an email from the carlsberg camp there..in relation to distances this is what they said!

POZNAN

The distance:

between FanCamp and Stadium 3,1 km

between FanCamp and Fan Zone 3,2 km

between FanCamp and Old Market Square 3,0 km

between Stadium and Malta lake 11,0 km

SOPOT

The distance:

between FanCamp and Stadium 12,5 km

between FanCamp and Fan Zone 11 km

between FanCamp and Old Market Square 12,5 km

WARSAW

The distance:

• FanCamp and Stadium 7,5 km
  • FanCamp and Fan Zone 6,5 km
  • FanCamp and Old Market Square 3,3 km

WROCLAW

The distance:

• between FanCamp and Stadium 2,2 km
  • between FanCamp and Fan Zone 7 km
  • between FanCamp and Old Market Square 7 km

sounds good!

my plan is:
Prague -8th
Poznan - 9th-11th
Krakow - 11th-13th
Stogi,Gdansk - 13th-17th
Poznan - 17th-19th!!

Cannot wait!!!!

Posted By: bonesdublin
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 10:11am

SATURDAY JUNE 9: Berlin

SUNDAY JUNE 10: Park bench in Poznan

WEDNESDAY JUNE 13: Torun

THURSDAY JUNE 14: Hostel in Sopot

FRIDAY JUNE 15: Hostel in Sopot

SATURDAY JUNE 16: Hostel in Poznan

SUNDAY JUNE 17: Hostel in Poznan

MONDAY JUNE 18: Hostel in Poznan

TUESDAY JUNE 19: ??????

Unless something better turns up in Poznan for the sunday this is what all 12 of us will be doing.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 10:14am
Yeah i'm sure they do have secure storage but as Harry says, it'll be another £10 a day probably. Not willing to pay that so may just limit what i bring.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 11:08am
Thanks Polkraine...Them distances look perfect for Poznan and for Gdansk apparently it is right on the regular train line so handy access at both places. Will save on taxi's etc. Based on them distances given it is a much better location than the Irish fan village in lake malta.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:00pm
According to this website http://visitpoznan.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=574%3A20-12-2011-druga-strefa-kibica-w-poznaniu-podczas-euro2012&catid=40%3Aaktualnoci&Itemid=102&lang=en" rel="nofollow - http://visitpoznan.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=574%3A20-12-2011-druga-strefa-kibica-w-poznaniu-podczas-euro2012&catid=40%3Aaktualnoci&Itemid=102&lang=en  

the location of Carlsberg fan camp is hereNo only the City Stadium, not only the UEFA official zone on Wolnosci Sq (Freedom Sq) - Poznan will have the second fancamp, which will be located nearby the Sport and Amusement 'Arena' Hall in Kasprowicz Park. The zone will be built by Carlsberg, one of the official sponsors of the event.

Posted By: Town Man
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by polkraine12 polkraine12 wrote:

sounds good!

my plan is:
Krakow - 11th-13th
Stogi,Gdansk - 13th-17th

Do you realise the distance between Krakow and Gdansk??? opposite ends of Poland unless you are planning on flying. Could be 9/10 hours by train

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Town Man Town Man wrote:

sounds good!

my plan is:
Krakow - 11th-13th
Stogi,Gdansk - 13th-17th

Do you realise the distance between Krakow and Gdansk??? opposite ends of Poland unless you are planning on flying. Could be 9/10 hours by train

ah yeah!!! no pain without gain!!!! LOL

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 8:40pm
think people are crazy paying that sort of money to sleep in a tent still each to their own

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

think people are crazy paying that sort of money to sleep in a tent still each to their own
Be very little sleeping done over the 10 days NewryRep LOL reckon this 2 free beers and a pitch will mean no sleep for me in gdansk for 2 days(can sleep on the train back to Torun before starting againClap)

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 9:26pm
In fact Gerk - these pitch's at the campsite, how do you get them booked up? Was thinking given the numbers that appear to be booking we could have a 4 province's tournament(expats can go to connacht LOL) over there as bound to be enough lads from here in them site's - most will have their own gear ie shorts and top with them anyway Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 9:33pm
Philly, that's what Carlsberg want - tournaments etc on the facilities

You organise it there, fair play

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 9:34pm
Tell me who to contact and I'll look into it Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 9:51pm
I'll get a contact for ya ASAP

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 10:21pm
 How about the rest of ye against us lads from the Kingdom ! LOL

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Chief Chief wrote:

Signed up there, looks really good and if place for campervans, even better.
4onthefloor, if its too hot, why not just open the door.
Do you not think we would have thought of that? Seriously?!

Originally posted by Town Man Town Man wrote:

sounds good!

my plan is:
Krakow - 11th-13th
Stogi,Gdansk - 13th-17th

It was a 12-14 hour overnight train from Gdansk to Zakopane if memory serves, so about 10-12 hours to Krakow I'd imagine. The trains are horrendous. You'll never sl*g Iarnrod Eireann again!

Sure don't people pay it all the time over here for the likes of Oxygen and Electric Picnic, with sh*te facilities to boot. I don't see much of a difference really. If you can get a hostel for less than €70/€80 a night that isn't miles away you'll be doing very well.

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 9:51am
Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

Tired of beating the kingdom.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 10:22am
Originally posted by damo21 damo21 wrote:

Originally posted by harry harry wrote:

Tired of beating the kingdom.

Ah we would not be the best at the ol cricket now !

Date Posted: 21 Jan 2012 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Be very little sleeping done over the 10 days NewryRep LOL reckon this 2 free beers and a pitch will mean no sleep for me in gdansk for 2 days(can sleep on the train back to Torun before starting againClap)

ProbablyPhilly LOLbut if it rains you are fuked and if its roasting you are fuked. I will expect the usual horror stories afterwords, campings a young ones game - no fecking chance of me and the mrs camping *

*unless it was ukraine and I dont know how i would of sold that oneSmile

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:06am

Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

ProbablyPhilly LOLbut if it rains you are fuked and if its roasting you are fuked. I will expect the usual horror stories afterwords, campings a young ones game - no fecking chance of me and the mrs camping *

*unless it was ukraine and I dont know how i would of sold that oneSmile
If I don't get the rooms I want at the right price NR , we are very much on for camping a night here and there . Think I will bring the backpack with our own tent on this trip so to give us a choice if all else fails and seeing at I would be going to the Ukraine on my tod if we get that far it well it could be a the best move really . Geek

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

A very good plan Gerk , sono how long did you stay in the same place when you were backpacking ??????

3 days usually sometimes a week, was well sick of it after 7 weeks let me tell you!

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 10:15am

3 days usually sometimes a week, was well sick of it after 7 weeks let me tell you!

We'll be in Poland for 10 days, and with a bit of luck in the Ukraine as well. So Gerk's plan is hardly on the move the whole time or for a very long period. I'll be doing something similar I'd imagine

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 1:16pm
It's 2/3 hours between each town Sono. Hardly going to be jet lagged after it. A train with a couple of cans Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by 4tothefloor 4tothefloor wrote:

Sure don't people pay it all the time over here for the likes of Oxygen and Electric Picnic, with sh*te facilities to boot. I don't see much of a difference really. If you can get a hostel for less than €70/€80 a night that isn't miles away you'll be doing very well.

Celtic tiger is dead, and the difference is that this is in an eastern european country.

didnt somebody do a comparison one time with Oxygen and some equivalent festival in Spain  including flights,tickets  beer camping etc etc the spanish one was cheaperShocked

Last minute I can understand people panicing but not 5 months to go. I would be confident hotel rooms will be released when the travel agent numbers fail to materialise and they dump the rooms back on the market. Italy and spain wont travel in big numbers.

If I don't get the rooms I want at the right price NR , we are very much on for camping a night here and there . Think I will bring the backpack with our own tent on this trip so to give us a choice if all else fails and seeing at I would be going to the Ukraine on my tod if we get that far it well it could be a the best move really . Geek

I am sure you and the mrs will get sorted - still only 2 match nights to sort ?

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 7:32am

Originally posted by 4tothefloor 4tothefloor wrote:

Celtic tiger is dead, and the difference is that this is in an eastern european country.

didnt somebody do a comparison one time with Oxygen and some equivalent festival in Spain  including flights,tickets  beer camping etc etc the spanish one was cheaperShocked

Last minute I can understand people panicing but not 5 months to go. I would be confident hotel rooms will be released when the travel agent numbers fail to materialise and they dump the rooms back on the market. Italy and spain wont travel in big numbers.

I am sure you and the mrs will get sorted - still only 2 match nights to sort ?
Yer I think so also NR but I don't mind camping as I did it in Italia 90 and we both did it in USA 94 now as long as it's donsn't rain it's a blast .

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 1:42pm
Just got the mail back from them regarding the luggage situation. There will be an extra charge for luggage storage, no info on the actual amount yet. Luggage will be secured by security guards and organized via a ticketing system. I'm banging an email back to them to say I think it's a bit pricey with all the extra charges on top.

Posted By: nkay1985
Date Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 10:19pm
I'd say we'll stay here from June 8th-11th before heading up to Stogi in Gdansk. Little bit on the steep side but being able to book a shorter stay is good.

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:07am

It's 2/3 hours between each town Sono. Hardly going to be jet lagged after it. A train with a couple of cans Thumbs Up

You're no spring chicken Ger Tongue It will take it's toll guaranteed, just how I see it and not very enjoyable to me, each to their own as I said already Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:12am

You're no spring chicken Ger Tongue It will take it's toll guaranteed, just how I see it and not very enjoyable to me, each to their own as I said already Thumbs Up

Ye 26 now!

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:18am
LOL

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 2:15pm

LOL

Confused

Get My Coat

Posted By: bear
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 4:20pm
This is pricey alright, it all adds up

-------------
"You cannot afford to rely on history, you have to make it" - Martin O'Neill

Date Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 4:30pm
Does anyone know when they'll be expecting us to pay it?

-------------

Posted By: mcbolls
Date Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 5:34pm
There's a three night minimum for campervans according to their facebook. Prices to follow.

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 12:53pm
Are people still actually waiting for this to happen?

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 1:25pm
Not gonna happen Scotty?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 1:26pm
Carlsberg village not happening??

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: colemanY2K
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 1:28pm
eh?

-------------
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.

Posted By: scottyccfc
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 1:38pm
Sorry ladds commented on the wrong thread!
(Its this Irish fan village that I get mails about)

-------------
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 1:41pm

Jaysis LOL

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Posted By: AidoM
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 2:23pm

YBIG site mass panic Shocked

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Posted By: c90
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 2:58pm
they say 1500 tents in the poznan camp. I got ref number 1799. hope people will cancel....

Edit: and i got ref Number 1791 for the sopot camp

-------------
Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Lawrence Of Arabia, Elton John! Yiz can all go f**k yerselves

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by ciaran90 ciaran90 wrote:

they say 1500 tents in the poznan camp. I got ref number 1799. hope people will cancel....

They posted on their Facebook page that they
Are increasing Poznan to 3000... If that's right
You are in luck... I think they realise Poznan is gonna
Be their busiest camp...

Posted By: AidoM
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2012 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by whitesideOnside whitesideOnside wrote:

They posted on their Facebook page that they
Are increasing Poznan to 3000... If that's right
You are in luck... I think they realise Poznan is gonna
Be their busiest camp...

............ and where there will be a shortage of portaloos Wink

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Posted By: nkay1985
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 2:43am

Ah loads of people have made bookings they're not planning on using. I've made two sure - one for a double and a single and one for three singles. Will probably go for the three singles. Good news about increasing the capacity anyway.

What's everyone planning on doing with regard to bedding in this place though? €30 fir a blanket and pillow is ridiculous but who'd want to be bringing gear with them!

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2012 at 9:30pm
35 quid a night to sleep in a field? The b and b hotel in torun is cheaper than that

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net