You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17441745174617471748 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Far too many players on that team last night with absolutely no b*llox who didn't have what it took to try and win the game. Maguire, Lindelof, DDG, Sancho and surprisingly Shaw when he came on (looks to be still injured in fairness to him), were all a disgrace. Obviously United are missing Varane, Martinez, Bruno, and Rashford/Shaw were only returning from injury, but the players that take their place are clearly not up to the job and need to be shipped off ASAP.

Maguire needs to go at the end of the season. It's actually sad watching him try to perform for United. 

DDG cannot play with the ball at his feet and is cemented to his goal line for any corner or cross. A great shot stopper and has been a terrific servant to the club but clearly not up to it any more in the modern game.

Sancho looks to have been a dreadful signing. No confidence and constantly slows play down with his indecision

A lot of work still to do for ETH

I think the problem Man United will have this summer is trying to get rid of players they want to get rid of. Taking Maguire as an example: Is anybody really going to want to pay any sort of significant transfer fee for him? And if not then it's either keep him or loan him out knowing clubs probably won't want to pay much of his wages.
Speaking as a Liverpool fan, the rebuild needed this summer is probably equally as big but the fortunate thing is that a number of the players who you'd like to move on are out of contract (even if letting a player who cost £60 mill go for nothing still doesn't feel like good business).
Sponsored Links

counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

When's Ronaldo coming back again?

Around the same time as that plane that flew over anfield
I remember that (though couldn't see it from my seat). It was when Liverpool beat quadruple chasing Man United 7-0. Thanks for the reminder!!

Polish that and put it on the shelf at the end of the season Thumbs Up
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 12:34pm

Around the same time as that plane that flew over anfield
I remember that (though couldn't see it from my seat). It was when Liverpool beat quadruple chasing Man United 7-0. Thanks for the reminder!!

Polish that and put it on the shelf at the end of the season Thumbs Up

We've had plenty of silverware recently so the need to take wins and treat them as some sort of trophies isn't really there at the moment to be honest. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 12:38pm

Behave. Casimeiro is Ronaldo and Messi rolled into one. We’ll he was two weeks ago.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 12:41pm
Great to see the bitterness back LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 12:52pm

Great to see the bitterness back LOL

Just a bit of harmless craic!
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2023 at 2:42pm

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Far too many players on that team last night with absolutely no b*llox who didn't have what it took to try and win the game. Maguire, Lindelof, DDG, Sancho and surprisingly Shaw when he came on (looks to be still injured in fairness to him), were all a disgrace. Obviously United are missing Varane, Martinez, Bruno, and Rashford/Shaw were only returning from injury, but the players that take their place are clearly not up to the job and need to be shipped off ASAP.

Maguire needs to go at the end of the season. It's actually sad watching him try to perform for United. 

DDG cannot play with the ball at his feet and is cemented to his goal line for any corner or cross. A great shot stopper and has been a terrific servant to the club but clearly not up to it any more in the modern game.

Sancho looks to have been a dreadful signing. No confidence and constantly slows play down with his indecision

A lot of work still to do for ETH

I think the problem Man United will have this summer is trying to get rid of players they want to get rid of. Taking Maguire as an example: Is anybody really going to want to pay any sort of significant transfer fee for him? And if not then it's either keep him or loan him out knowing clubs probably won't want to pay much of his wages.
Speaking as a Liverpool fan, the rebuild needed this summer is probably equally as big but the fortunate thing is that a number of the players who you'd like to move on are out of contract (even if letting a player who cost £60 mill go for nothing still doesn't feel like good business).

Yeah 100% - I looked up the contracts that United have given out and it's staggering. Sancho on £350k per week, Maguire on £190 a week and signed a 7 YEAR CONTRACT when he was signed. DDG must be the highest paid Goalkeeper in the world on £375k a week and can't even get in to the Spain squad. At least his contract is coming to an end and hopefully United aren't silly enough to renew it like they were under Woodword (contract renewals for the likes of Lingard, Phil Jones, etc when not even remotely earned. They tried to renew Pogba's contract as well even though he was hated and clearly didn't care)
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 7:29pm
He must be laying bets!
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 8:05pm
Never a penalty - imagine refs giving pens against United in consecutive games...on a serious point, can the ref award the penalty now having been made aware of his mistake at half time ?

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 07 May 2023 at 8:09pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 8:14pm
De Gea is hitting his Sevilla performance level here.

Playing like a fella involved in match fixing. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 8:31pm
Seem to be throwing away 4th spot
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 8:59pm
COYI!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Still in their hands but there's a big call to be made with Dé Gea from now until the rest of the season. That performance was akin to his one vs Sevilla, not as bad but it's another game where he's been horrendous. That second half disallowed goal for West ham was fine. De Gea was just soft and threw himself down and got away with it. 

Edited by ShamtheRam - 07 May 2023 at 9:03pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 9:17pm
Who’s the sub keeper?
Benhur View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benhur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2023 at 9:31pm
Jack Butland... I think Tom Heaton is there aswell 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There was a title challenge a few weeks ago.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 11:56am
I'd be quite worried if I was a utd fan. Apart from wolves, the other games are all pretty tricky to get maximum points.

Liverpool vs. Leicester is on Monday night too. Liverpool have lost this match a few times over the last few years so will be really pivotal if they can win that the pressure will be right on Utd and Newcastle 

Edited by t_rAndy - 08 May 2023 at 11:58am
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 12:17pm
Pressure is on big time, Liverpool have a tenancy to go on these long runs of winning games in a row. Imagine if they got 4th after the season they have had LOL.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17441745174617471748 1770>
  Share Topic