Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16901691169216931694 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:23pm
Sancho can only get better so far

Sponsored Links

B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sancho can only get better so far

He couldn't possibly get worse.

I've strong doubts hes overrated. 

He looked the business with Dortmund granted.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2021 at 11:36pm
I thought Sancho had a good first half but I can't even be certain he came back out for the second half. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 8:08am
started really slow for Dortmund last season hopefully picks up after the International break. Oh 
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:15am
Absolute robbery last night, Villareal should've been at least 2 up in the first half.

Great way to win a game though, especially considering United were missing 3 of their first choice back 4.

I thought Ronaldo looked wrecked towards the end of the game and should've been taken off, hats off to Ole for leaving him out there Clap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:16am
If CR7 didnt put that winner away, Ole would be called out as a wimp for not taking him off. Incredible small margins.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 9:34am
Thats what Ronaldo is there to do. Turn draws into wins.

Difficulty is its harder to see it as OGS' masterstrokes, and a lot more to do with the world class player who can change games
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 10:04am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

If CR7 didnt put that winner away, Ole would be called out as a wimp for not taking him off. Incredible small margins.
So true
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:06am
Everton on Saturday. Well rested without a midweek game. However United should still win easily but I would say Ole will be praying Calvert Lewin is not back from injury for them. He will clean up if United defend like they did last night. 
SteoC View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:27am
Ole still has the highest win percentage of any manager in Manchester United's history.

He will be United manager for many a year. 

He is building something.

You guys asking why his midfield isn't good enough? Because he has a bigger plan than just this season. He had to patch up the mentality in the dressing-room. He changed that right around. Had to change up the man-management. Changed that right around. Had to patch up his forward line. Did that. Had to improve his full-backs. Did that. Definitely needed a whole new central defence. Did that. Needed a right-winger, did that. 

Now he needs a central midfielder. No doubt about it. No one is arguing that. But he wasn't going to solve all of the mess listed above in two full seasons. Next summer, the central midfield will be addressed. What's everybody want? Everything to be all sorted in one go? That's not how you build a squad meant to last. 

We all know Ole had a five year plan when he came into the club. He got the job based on his five-year plan. He'd building towards that, and has improved year on year. It's very clear he is not setting up United to try to win one league title. He is setting United up to compete for loads of titles over the long-term. 

if that's not obvious to you all, then you are blind to what's going on at Manchester United. Ole's reign goes far, far beyond this season. Way beyond it. He's doing a fantastic job of improving the first team year on year while working towards his long-term vision. If you really wanna know what he's cooking up, all you have to do is look at the list of 26 teenagers the club have signed since Ole come in. Players from the academies of Man City, from Liverpool, from Real Madrid, from Barcelona, from Atletico Madrid.  But of course judging by the tripe I've read over the past few pages here, you lot wouldn't know anything about that—seeing as you all have Ole down to be sacked after United were beaten by Aston Villa. You lot clearly understand get it.

There is more to football than the immediate. 

Edited by SteoC - 30 Sep 2021 at 11:29am
Stephen Coyne
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by SteoC SteoC wrote:

There is more to football than the immediate. 

In club football you can have both. Failing to wining anything with the squad he has would be rank failure with every advantage running with him.
SteoC View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:31am
It wouldn't be failure at all. 

I don't expect them to win anything this season. I think Ole is still two summers away from being able to compete at the very top. But once he does, he won't be competing at the top for one or two season, We are talking about competing over the very long term. That's what he's setting up. Just take a look at all of his signings since he came into the club. This isn't about the now. 
Stephen Coyne
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:39am
Some wind up merchant you are SteoC !

The two main strikers will turn 35 and 37 after Christmas. Bayern, PSG and Liverpool are all worried sick about drawing United in knock out stages of the Champions League. 
SteoC View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:46am
I know how old Edison and Cristiano are.

They are not the signings I'm talking about. As you can read above. I am talking about the signings made for the long-term. The 26 teenagers. Not the ones to plaster over the immediate cracks. I would imagine, for starters, that Liverpool won't want to face Man United, seeing as Klopp don't have a good record against Ole's United. United also finished above them in the league last season. Incidentally, United had as many injuries last season as Liverpool. I'm a Liverpool fan. Well, kinda. I just love the Premier League. I used to be a Liverpool nut.

But I am certain that United fans at Old Trafford would love this Ole route then hiring Antonio Conte only to try to rush something in the immediate. Ole's reign is all about the long term. It isn't about the now.
Stephen Coyne
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:48am
Give Ole another £500m to spend and hopefully United can win a league title in 5 years.

He’s a shocking coach who isn’t good enough for the job I don’t know what the f**k you’ve been smoking Steo but if you can send me your dealers number that would be appreciated.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 11:53am

It wouldn't be failure at all. 

I don't expect them to win anything this season. I think Ole is still two summers away from being able to compete at the very top. But once he does, he won't be competing at the top for one or two season, We are talking about competing over the very long term. That's what he's setting up. Just take a look at all of his signings since he came into the club. This isn't about the now. 

This is a good example of how Man U fans have been able to adjust their expectations since Fergie left.

Not winning anything with the current squad is failure. He has so many advantages, including Fergie's reported intervention to get Ronaldo. The amount of money that has been spent under his watch, the players that have been brought in, and the legacy players he has all amount to the need to return some sort of silverware.

Dont forget, you cant really build for the future when other teams can now just buy their success or their own revolution. Predicting the football landscape in two years is virtually impossible, and even if OGS gets the team to where he wants it to be what if Chelsea and City spend £250 Million each on players? What if Newcastle's takeover ultimately happens? What if the number of teams that compete consistently and strongly in the PL (like Leicester) continue to do so. There are too many variables for five year plans at Club level.
SteoC View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteoC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 12:01pm
You can think what you want. It's insignificant. 

United are planning to compete for titles over the long-term, not the immediate. 

I don't give a sh*t. I have no horse in the race. I just think it's embarrassing that you guys don't know what's going on. or that nobody is at least discussing it here. It's all reactionary tripe. United loose to Aston Villa = Sack Ole. Even though United were top of the league 90-minutes ago, and have improved year on year with Ole implementing his long term plan. It just shows no understanding of what is really going on. 

Do I think the plan will work? I have no idea of knowing. Neither do you. But at least it's a plan. And I for one even though I used to hate United, actually appreciate it and look forward to seeing how it plays out. It's much more interesting than watching Chelsea sign a different manager every 19 months.

But we do all know there is a plan at United because we have all the evidence in front of us. But while I keep looking at what's really going on, you keep looking at it week-to-week and keep getting your boxer shorts in a twisty. 
Stephen Coyne
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 12:05pm

You can think what you want. It's insignificant. 

United are planning to compete for titles over the long-term, not the immediate. 

I don't give a sh*t. I have no horse in the race. I just think it's embarrassing that you guys don't know what's going on. or that nobody is at least discussing it here. It's all reactionary tripe. United loose to Aston Villa = Sack Ole. Even though United were top of the league 90-minutes ago, and have improved year on year with Ole implementing his long term plan. It just shows no understanding of what is really going on. 

Do I think the plan will work? I have no idea of knowing. Neither do you. But at least it's a plan. And I for one even though I used to hate United, actually appreciate it and look forward to seeing how it plays out. It's much more interesting than watching Chelsea sign a different manager every 19 months.

But we do all know there is a plan at United because we have all the evidence in front of us. But while I keep looking at what's really going on, you keep looking at it week-to-week and keep getting your boxer shorts in a twisty. 

In fairness, this is the response of somebody who has run out of road in terms of their argument when they come up against a reasonable line of response. You say its a plan. I say there is efforts for immediate returns (which are currently failing), and efforts for later (which as you say, both of us dont know if it will work). The signings of players like Ronaldo, Cavani would suggest that there is clear efforts for immediate returns.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16901691169216931694 1770>
  Share Topic