Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16691670167116721673 1771>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I'm talking PFA Player of the year

Fernandes is favourite - 2/1 a few weeks ago when i checked with Gundogan next at 5/1

Ah LOL

Does that include Fernandes's form from last season? If it does then Fernandes wins hands down given his season saving impact on United. His impact on an ordinary United side  is up there with Cantona's on a United team that was about to dominate tbh. 

Edited by irishmufc - 28 Feb 2021 at 8:56pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:55pm
Wouldn't think it, probably just for the 20/21 season
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 9:26pm
Jesus Christ Muff! There isn’t a United player who has came close to Bruno’s performance levels this season, Shaw has improved massively and has been excellent but player of the year should go to the best performer not the most improved player or the guy who gives his all (Fred).
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 9:36pm

I'm talking PFA Player of the year

Fernandes is favourite - 2/1 a few weeks ago when i checked with Gundogan next at 5/1

His numbers are very good, goal involvements, even if there are a lot of penos in there and none, YET, against the.....wait for it Brendan....."Big 6"

It would probably be Ruben Dias for me for the way he's transformed the City defence in his first season in England

Dias has to win it for me - currently 10/1 

I’ll put a small bet on him.

Fernandes like Kane is having a very good season (they have similar goals and assists). However if UTD get beat by AC Milan & Leicester in the cup then all of a sudden the season is not looking so good. 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Jesus Christ Muff! There isn’t a United player who has came close to Bruno’s performance levels this season, Shaw has improved massively and has been excellent but player of the year should go to the best performer not the most improved player or the guy who gives his all (Fred).

Agreed and that certainly isn't Fernandes judging by this season. If it included last season when he joined then he would be. 

Shaw has easily been the best performer imo. 

I do think you've a blind spot when it comes to Fernandes and Solskjaer (who you'll probably never ever rate) no matter how he does. You will vigorously defend Fernandes when there's legitimate criticism of him and give passive praise of Solskjaer when United do well in some match.  
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:05pm
Jesus H Christ.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:19pm
LOL

I think I've given fairly reasonable criticisms of the United players and your bias towards them but if Jesus H. Christ is the totality of your counter argument then we should probably move on. 

Anyway roll on Palace. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:20pm
Fernandes 11/10
Gundogan 5/1
Dias 9/1

latest betting
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 10:22pm

Fernandes 11/10
Gundogan 5/1
Dias 9/1

latest betting

How about Luke Shaw?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 7:49am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Fernandes 11/10
Gundogan 5/1
Dias 9/1

latest betting

How about Luke Shaw?

He’s not listed on Betfair

Kane, KDB , Grealish and Bamford are next on the list.

I think Fernandes is fav as he won a lot of points for Man U in the first half of the season and they were top or near the top.

I think a run of poor results for Man U and Man City continue to win and keep clean sheets could drive Dias to being fav.

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 9:43am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Solskjaer's an awful moaning fooking git. 

Whatever about the penalty, United deserved no more than a draw. 

I wouldn't be too harsh on Solskjaer with United  being a bit more cautious in some of these big games but I think it's more important not to lose the games against the teams that are either on United's level (Spurs/Chelsea/Leicester) and teams that are better than United (City,Liverpool)

I couldn't care less about United's poor results against the top 6 this season as United under Solskjaer last season had a decent record against teams like Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs & City. 

I know a few of the regular United posters on here don't rate Solskjaer but if United finish second it's met the most realistic objectives in closing the gap on City and Liverpool for this season. Finishing ahead of Liverpool would be an unexpected bonus. 

In terms of the cups, I think Milan will probably knock United out of the Europa League and I expect City to win the FA Cup. 

Read an article that OGS is setting United up against the so called big six, not to win games, but to save his job

Would agree apart from now it seems like he's setting the team up that way against everyone

His in game management is why I dont think he's the right man, rarely adapts the tactics in game, where against Chelsea, Arsenal  off the top of my head a tweek by Tuchel and Arteta nullified everything in the second half
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:16pm
The big 6 argument is interesting as what teams fall into the bracket of big 6. Like arsenal would have always fallen into the bracket but has their performances in last few seasons been good enough to be deemed as part of the "big 6"

Not denying Bruno been poor in some games against the bigger teams but always find it weird how Everton are performing better than arsenal recently but his performance against arsenal will be dissected much more than his performance against Everton 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

The big 6 argument is interesting as what teams fall into the bracket of big 6. Like arsenal would have always fallen into the bracket but has their performances in last few seasons been good enough to be deemed as part of the "big 6"

Not denying Bruno been poor in some games against the bigger teams but always find it weird how Everton are performing better than arsenal recently but his performance against arsenal will be dissected much more than his performance against Everton 

I hate Arsenal as much as the next man but in the last 20 years they have finished 19 times in the top 6.

Last year they didn’t finish top 6 (8th but just 3 pts off) but won the FA cup.
In the last 5 years they won 2 FA cups, EL final and 2nd in the league. 

Let’s hope they do fall out of big 6 but they are still doing enough to justify it. 

Leicester and Everton may break into that category but have to do it on a regular basis.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 01 Mar 2021 at 2:25pm

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

You're right, there's an argument there for big 7  But I suppose I'd consider United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs the big 6. Argument definitely there for Leicester but other than that you'd be pushing.

I dont think there's any coincidence there that Bruno has quiet games in these matches as OGS sets out with a back 7, the 2 holding mids protecting the back four. Fred and McTominay the preferred 2, arent the most creative
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I hate Arsenal as much as the next man but in the last 20 years they have finished 19 times in the top 6.

Last year they didn’t finish top 6 (8th but just 3 pts off) but won the FA cup.
In the last 5 years they won 2 FA cups, EL final and 2nd in the league. 

Let’s hope they do fall out of big 6 but they are still doing enough to justify it.

In the first 4 of those 20 seasons, they finished 1st, 2nd, 1st and 2nd.
In the last 4, it's been 5th, 6th, 5th and 8th, with a succession of 3rds and 4ths in between.
And although I've not bothered to check all seasons, if you look at the points gap between Arsenal and the Champions, I suspect it has declined at an even starker rate (last season it was 43 points, the season before it was 28, and 37 before that)

In other words a consistent, if gradual decline.

Of course, Arteta is currently showing signs of reversing their decline. But the more successful he is, the more likely he is to get poached by a bigger club, who won't hamstring him like Kronke does:

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

You're right, there's an argument there for big 7  But I suppose I'd consider United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs the big 6. Argument definitely there for Leicester but other than that you'd be pushing.

Don't discount Everton, assuming they can continue their present revival under Ancelotti. Their owner has got big money and big ambitions - see eg the new stadium.

Remember too that, they were part of the "Big Five" who led the Premier League breakaway from the EFL along with Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and Spurs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_of_the_Premier_League

Of course they declined markedly since then, but so did Spurs, before showing that it's possible to climb back up again.

And even had they never been "Big Five", both Chelsea and Man. City have proven that it needn't be a Closed Shop.

Same goes for Villa and Leeds, even if they're still a good deal further back, all things considered.

Edited by Territorial - 01 Mar 2021 at 3:20pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:01pm
Another hopeless performance, there isn’t many worse managers in the league than Ole! So far out of depth and he should be sacked at the end of the season regardless if they win a trophy of not!! Tactically he hasn’t a clue and his in game substitutions rarely make a difference! A decent manager would have top 4 sewn up. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:05pm
Another sh*te performance where it looks like players going through the motions city will have a field day against them Sunday if they play like that
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16691670167116721673 1771>
  Share Topic