You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16221623162416251626 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 9:11am
Sanchez on his way to Inter. No transfer fee, but 400k a week off the wage bill
Possibly the worst ever transfer for United if not the Premier League, but a positive move
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 9:47am
Sancho deal seems close
£100m+

Those damned Glazers and Ed Woodward have found another huge fee for a transfer. Don't support their managers apparently

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Possibly the worst ever transfer for United if not the Premier League, but a positive move

The no transfer fee thing for a top player first seemed to appear last summer with Gareth Bale. Its extraordinary that wages have inflated to such a point where clubs would actually forfeit a transfer fee in order to save the eye-watering sums they agree to pay in wages.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

The no transfer fee thing for a top player first seemed to appear last summer with Gareth Bale. Its extraordinary that wages have inflated to such a point where clubs would actually forfeit a transfer fee in order to save the eye-watering sums they agree to pay in wages.

It seems more and more players are running down their contracts as they know on a free they can get a huge wage increase - see Arron Ramsey. 

A lot of players over 30 looking for 2/3/4 year contracts up to 35 whereas the clubs only want a shorter extension.

There is always one club that will pay/take the gamble.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It seems more and more players are running down their contracts as they know on a free they can get a huge wage increase - see Arron Ramsey. 

A lot of players over 30 looking for 2/3/4 year contracts up to 35 whereas the clubs only want a shorter extension.

It almost is mutually beneficial whereby you can get a player who has a market value of £60 Million, for free, and pay him £40 Million in wages over 3 years, with the benefit of potentially being able to shift him quickly, without losing the once off payment made to secure the transfer. My understanding with Bale was that Madrid became a little uneasy about the prospect of recouping nothing on the large fee paid in 2013, and I suspect didn't want a token £5 Million-£10 Million, and might have been up for a haircut of £30 Million, but no more.

The benefits of the contract market, since Bosman, is that it hands players significant power. And when you think about the number of players who ducked out at the end of their contracts during the recent games, its forces the club's hand, considerably.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:31am

It almost is mutually beneficial whereby you can get a player who has a market value of £60 Million, for free, and pay him £40 Million in wages over 3 years, with the benefit of potentially being able to shift him quickly, without losing the once off payment made to secure the transfer. My understanding with Bale was that Madrid became a little uneasy about the prospect of recouping nothing on the large fee paid in 2013, and I suspect didn't want a token £5 Million-£10 Million, and might have been up for a haircut of £30 Million, but no more.

The benefits of the contract market, since Bosman, is that it hands players significant power. And when you think about the number of players who ducked out at the end of their contracts during the recent games, its forces the club's hand, considerably.

Reports that United will save 62 million over 3 years for the deal. Mind blowing 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 10:55am

Reports that United will save 62 million over 3 years for the deal. Mind blowing 

That will probably pay for AWB's transfer and a few years wages.. It makes commercial sense, and if United were to hold out for £30 Million as a transfer fee, Inter might walk away, and you're stuck with a player who is incredibility expensive, and out of the manager's plans. In truth, the wages are forcing Man United's hand.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:28am
Completely agree. Reading about it there and the saving on his weekly wages is equal to a combination of Rashford and Martials. A few other big earners there that would be nice to trim from the wage bill, 

Mata - 160k 
Rojo - 80k
Lingard and Jones - 75k each

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:38am
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:43am
There is something strange when an industry gets to a point when some people are paid enough in a month, to set the up for life. But that was also likely to impact the transfer market in relation to fees. When a player's contract is worth more than his market value, something has to give.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 11:53am

Completely agree. Reading about it there and the saving on his weekly wages is equal to a combination of Rashford and Martials. A few other big earners there that would be nice to trim from the wage bill, 

Mata - 160k 
Rojo - 80k
Lingard and Jones - 75k each

United had a seriously bloated squad a few years ago and lots of players on big contracts 

Blind
Rojo
Darmian 
Etc

They need to get rid Mata, Lingard, Matic and pick two from Smalling/ Jones / Bailly....

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Sancho deal seems close
£100m+

Those damned Glazers and Ed Woodward have found another huge fee for a transfer. Don't support their managers apparently

Has anyone ever said that?

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Sancho deal seems close
£100m+

I've heard United fans saying for years that the Glazers won't support their managers with transfers, and the protests against Woodward have been well documented.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 04 Aug 2020 at 12:29pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 12:41pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Sancho deal seems close
£100m+

I've heard United fans saying for years that the Glazers won't support their managers with transfers, and the protests against Woodward have been well documented.

United's fans problem with the owners is well documented they bought the club via a leveraged buyout costing the club millions a year.

The fact United are still a massive club and are able to attract lucrative sponsorship deals etc  which therefore enable the owners to spend big without actually spending any of their own money.

And the protests regarding Woodward is solely down to him not having a clue about the sporting aspects of the business hence giving the likes of Matic, Sanchez and Lingard massive deals.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 12:44pm
I wouldn't describe a club who celebrates finishing 33 points behind their fiercest rivals and 15 points behind their neighbours as massive tbh.

When the mentality is finishing top 4 and not actually challenging to win the league, the stature sinks I'm afraid.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I wouldn't describe a club who celebrates finishing 33 points behind their fiercest rivals and 15 points behind their neighbours as massive tbh.

When the mentality is finishing top 4 and not actually challenging to win the league, the stature sinks I'm afraid.

Whilst I was delighted that United got 3rd, it was more so that it seems very unlikely at the recommencement of games and was a great achievement

It definitely wasn't because they finished so far behind their rivals, and a club like United should be challenging for top place, which the Top 4 finish, should help them get closer with attracting players etc.

I'd think the majority of United fans would think the same, but could be wrong
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 1:01pm

There you go telling lies again. 

You’re boring mate. 

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 1:03pm

It definitely wasn't because they finished so far behind their rivals, and a club like United should be challenging for top place, which the Top 4 finish, should help them get closer with attracting players etc.

Yeah definitely but you can't call yourself massive at this moment in time when you have nothing to show for it. The balance sheets are massive but so are Newcastle's and their mentality is to finish minimum 17th every season (Likewise with Sunderland when they were boring the league to death) it's not a big club mentality.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16221623162416251626 1770>
  Share Topic