You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16211622162316241625 1771>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 11:11pm
Bruno Fernandes coming in made a huge difference. He gave United something they’ve missed for years. Greenwood really burst on the scene also. There’s huge potential with Greenwood, Martial and Rashford to form a really dangerous attacking front three, it’s a very important summer ahead. A holding midfielder and winger is a must. Also it could be interesting to see how Henderson/De Gea battle plays out, there’s a strong case that Henderson is England’s best keeper, he’s certainly much better than Pickford. 
Sponsored Links

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 9:30am
Seems the club are hell bent on signing Sancho so I hope Woodward doesn't do his usual transfer routine and take months to get the deal done. 

Personally think they need to sign a cb who has some pace, I don't mind maquire and lindelof but gives me nightmares when they come up against someone who wants to run in behind. I would look to get in anothet striker to as front 3 we playing at present are all talented players but much too similar in style none of them the type of front man that's got strength to hold play up etc (I don't think we will get this though as igalho there until January) think should be looking to get in another rb as cover because as we have seen when AVB is unavailable we have limited options to replace him 

The holding midfield role is another area that might need to be looked at yes we have matic, mctomminey and Fred to play in that area but ole may feel needs someone a clash above them to come in

On the goalkeeper front I would 100% take Dean Henderson back and make him and de gea compete for the starting position. In my opinion part of what's wrong with de gea recently is he's got too comfortable as he knows his positions safe no matter how many mistakes he makes (we know it's the case as he's not been dropped even kept his place in the team for the cup when he played in none of the previous rounds) he couldn't afford to be that complacent if had real competition at the club for the starting position
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:15am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Seems the club are hell bent on signing Sancho so I hope Woodward doesn't do his usual transfer routine and take months to get the deal done. 

Personally think they need to sign a cb who has some pace, I don't mind maquire and lindelof but gives me nightmares when they come up against someone who wants to run in behind. I would look to get in anothet striker to as front 3 we playing at present are all talented players but much too similar in style none of them the type of front man that's got strength to hold play up etc (I don't think we will get this though as igalho there until January) think should be looking to get in another rb as cover because as we have seen when AVB is unavailable we have limited options to replace him 

The holding midfield role is another area that might need to be looked at yes we have matic, mctomminey and Fred to play in that area but ole may feel needs someone a clash above them to come in

On the goalkeeper front I would 100% take Dean Henderson back and make him and de gea compete for the starting position. In my opinion part of what's wrong with de gea recently is he's got too comfortable as he knows his positions safe no matter how many mistakes he makes (we know it's the case as he's not been dropped even kept his place in the team for the cup when he played in none of the previous rounds) he couldn't afford to be that complacent if had real competition at the club for the starting position

Are Fred and McTominay holding midfielders though?  For me they're decent squad players but shouldnt be getting a starting place

In relation to De Gea, the only replacement I'd have for him would be Oblak from Atletico. He's had a few dodgy moment but still the best option at the club. Dont think Henderson is a replacement for him and would probably get a decent fee for him
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:32am
The way De Gea has been playing the past two years there are certainly more than one goalkeepers in the world capable of replacing him 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:40am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

A lot of talk of Grealish at 70-80mil. Does he get a start and if not would it not be better to spread that amount over 2/3 good squad players? Some great value on the continent as seen with Fernandes

I think that's a remarkable amount of money for a player who is uncapped, in his mid-teens, and had one excellent  season in the PL, after a relatively unremarkable first period several years back. I appreciate that transfer fees are generally horse traded and have little metric or rhyme or reason, but I cant help but feel that £70-£80 Million is overpriced. A top quality Championship player generally commands between £15 million- £25 Million. James Maddison was an example. Grealish was more special than that, I accept that. But it seems an extra £20 Million or so has been added to the prices being touted, by Villa staying in the PL, and him scoring a goal (which many other keepers would have saved) on the last day of the season.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

A lot of talk of Grealish at 70-80mil. Does he get a start and if not would it not be better to spread that amount over 2/3 good squad players? Some great value on the continent as seen with Fernandes

I think that's a remarkable amount of money for a player who is uncapped, in his mid-teens, and had one excellent  season in the PL, after a relatively unremarkable first period several years back. I appreciate that transfer fees are generally horse traded and have little metric or rhyme or reason, but I cant help but feel that £70-£80 Million is overpriced. A top quality Championship player generally commands between £15 million- £25 Million. James Maddison was an example. Grealish was more special than that, I accept that. But it seems an extra £20 Million or so has been added to the prices being touted, by Villa staying in the PL, and him scoring a goal (which many other keepers would have saved) on the last day of the season.

Still hasn’t reached puberty 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Have to be happy with the 3rd place finish considering where United were 6 months ago, fair play to Ole he gets a lot of flak but he has done a great job turning the team around.

Their performances have dipped in the last few games but I am sure that is due to fatigue, the likes of Fernandes hasn't had a break as Ole stuck with the same lineup practically all the way through since the restart.

I just wish poor old Moley was still around to enjoy this moment Clap

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

They could easily finish around 10th spot LOL LOL it's incredible that they've ended up here

The way other teams are playing they could just as easily finish top 4.

It certainly isn't incredible that United are where they are, it was expected really.

Solskjaer has them moving in the right direction after weeding out a few of the dead weights and by giving youth a chance, it's still very very early in the season so save your laughing faces and arrogance for a future date, we don't want it blowing up in your face again!

They have zero chance of finishing top 4. It is the poorest United squad and manager probably since they were last relegated. Anyone watching these guys and thinking they've still got a chance of top 4 is seriously deluded. Way way beyond levels of past delusions on here by the likes of Bhob and SirAlex.

Solskjaer has done the right thing in removing a few wasters from the squad last summer. The problem is there's about 10 more still in the squad. They needed to remove almost every one of them and bring in about 10 new players last summer. No manager would survive beyond this season with the playing  squad currently there. When you are playing the likes of Perreira and McTominay in every game, warning bells should be ringing. They are players from championship to league 1 standard.

It is playing players for the simple sake of them being young, and that the manager can then bang the drum about United DNA and how they are going in the right direction. It is utter nonsense. I'm all for playing youngsters but they must be of a certain standard - here's an idea, why don't United go out and actually buy some quality young players with the 100s of millions they have. It's a radical idea, but I think it could help them.

As for anything United do blowing up in my face LOL I'm all good, I've known where United have stood for years. The absolute delusion you are showing in your comments has never affected me thankfully.

5 yards plus onside for that, and they should obviously be erring on the side of playing on with VAR as backup (just another issue with the implementation of VAR not being consistent across all leagues). Arsenal would be sick if that was disallowed.

A truly grim game of football. It's like a race to the bottom between these 2 sides, but United are definitely well clear. This is the poorest United squad and manager in the bones of 50 years. It will be hilarious if Solskjaer makes it through to the end of the season.

Lads on here talking about finishing top 4 LOL there is a serious chance they'll be fighting to finish top half.

I'm doing a thesis long report on that evidence that is required. Just waiting on Mazars to verify it, so shouldn't be long now.

Btw, when a club is burning to the ground (as United were in August), with an abysmal manager and godawful squad, for anyone to come on here and say that team will be right up around top 4 all season - they are clearly talking utter sh*te and spoofing. 

Why would we wait til May to discuss United's top 4 challenge? Do you reckon they'll be right in the mix LOL

Podge it is no coincidence that Hans goes missing when his bullsh*t talk starts to unravel he has a history of this, it is also no coincidence that Terri is also in hiding bit like when sir Alex disappeared anybody still not getting the link Wink, 1 of “HIM” might just log back in with some excuse of some sort now to keep the illusion alive LOL

Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Still hasn’t reached puberty 

Good Spot Badge! Mid-Twenties!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 11:26am

The way De Gea has been playing the past two years there are certainly more than one goalkeepers in the world capable of replacing him 

Dont get me wrong, yes there are more than one keeper that people would think capable of replacing him, but for me, the only keeper I think capable of replacing him as an improvement is Oblak.
Could be bias against Liverpool and Allison as a United fan mind you
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:01pm

Dont get me wrong, yes there are more than one keeper that people would think capable of replacing him, but for me, the only keeper I think capable of replacing him as an improvement is Oblak.
Oblak would be a quality signing but can't see them looking to buy another keeper
Some people just deserve a slap
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:24pm
Oblak would only go for massive money too, so the chances of a deal happening any time soon are slim to none.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:26pm

On current form Romero would be an improvement.....
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:47pm
So would Kieran O'Hara. Chances are they'll save a lot of money by bringing Dean Henderson back.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Oblak would only go for massive money too, so the chances of a deal happening any time soon are slim to none.

Buy out clause of £109m I think. Would they consider De Gea plus Cash?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:14pm

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Buy out clause of £109m I think. Would they consider De Gea plus Cash?

Given their financial situation, I would be very surprised if they accepted a deal with less cash and an older, lesser keeper on considerably higher wages.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:18pm
How much longer is left on De Gea's contract? Could turn into a real problem for United if his career continues on its current trajectory.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

How much longer is left on De Gea's contract? Could turn into a real problem for United if his career continues on its current trajectory.

I think he has 3 years left on it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2020 at 4:15pm
Expires in June 2023 with the standard 1 year extension

True about Atletico and their finances, probably played Football Manager too much
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16211622162316241625 1771>
  Share Topic