Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16061607160816091610 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Keep everyone fit, make the right moves in the window and persevere. Solskjaer is bringing this side to a real improvement in recent months and his squad building has been fantastic, with Fernandes the difference in so many games. A complete performance on the front foot today.Clap

LOLLOLLOL

Overspent on Maguire but good player, James was good value for what he is, AWB justifying his fee, Bruno making a strong case for signing of the season. Lukaku, young, smalling, rojo, Valencia darmian and Sanchez moved on either temporarily or permanently. Big improvements in Shaw, Martial, McTominay , Fred, Matic and the emergence of Greenwood and Williams. I'd say it's been fairly good 

Over spent on Maguire and to challenge for titles you need somebody better. To be fair he is way better than Jones and Bailly who should be kicked out immediately.
Selling Lukaku and not replacing him is mental stuff. You could argue he was the best striker at the club.
Herrera was released. 

Sanchez is still getting paid (in part) by Man U.
I assume the same with Rojo.

Bruno and AWB were good signings but overall its small improvement rather than fantastic rebuilding of a bloated squad (imo). 

Would definitely keep Bailly. He was excellent in the Chelsea game.

The problem is he's too injury prone but if he could play regularly I'd start him over Lindelof tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Keep everyone fit, make the right moves in the window and persevere. Solskjaer is bringing this side to a real improvement in recent months and his squad building has been fantastic, with Fernandes the difference in so many games. A complete performance on the front foot today.Clap

LOLLOLLOL

Overspent on Maguire but good player, James was good value for what he is, AWB justifying his fee, Bruno making a strong case for signing of the season. Lukaku, young, smalling, rojo, Valencia darmian and Sanchez moved on either temporarily or permanently. Big improvements in Shaw, Martial, McTominay , Fred, Matic and the emergence of Greenwood and Williams. I'd say it's been fairly good 

Over spent on Maguire and to challenge for titles you need somebody better. To be fair he is way better than Jones and Bailly who should be kicked out immediately.
Selling Lukaku and not replacing him is mental stuff. You could argue he was the best striker at the club.
Herrera was released. 

Sanchez is still getting paid (in part) by Man U.
I assume the same with Rojo.

Bruno and AWB were good signings but overall its small improvement rather than fantastic rebuilding of a bloated squad (imo). 

Would definitely keep Bailly. He was excellent in the Chelsea game.

The problem is he's too injury prone but if he could play regularly I'd start him over Lindelof tbh. 

Agree with this. Even better than Maguire who is extremely overrated. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

With Solksjaer been the worst manager the club has ever hired, who inherited the worst squad in 30 years and the club is run by the worst CEO. What does that make Solksjaer if he wins something?

And that “worst squad“ you talk of is one of the costliest assembled squads in the history of the sport 
This is 100% true !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

With Solksjaer been the worst manager the club has ever hired, who inherited the worst squad in 30 years and the club is run by the worst CEO. What does that make Solksjaer if he wins something?

And that “worst squad“ you talk of is one of the costliest assembled squads in the history of the sport 
This is 100% true !!!

The point is that "one of the costliest assembled squads" was rightfully derided as sh*t when Solskjaer took over, and to use that point now in a dismissive way is an attempt to have your cake and eat it by saying the squad was sh*t then and focusing on the cost now. It was expensive, doesn't take away from the fact it needed a massive clear out which OGS has tried to start 

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 26 Jun 2020 at 11:49am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 11:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That's a gap of 37 points they need to close.

No they dont that logic would only apply if you carried points into the next season. There is a gap in quality they need to close but each season has it's own pattern. Liverpool finished alongside city last season and this season there is a huge 24 points or so gap.  Next season they start again from 0 and they could easily be head to head with no players added  
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

No they dont that logic would only apply if you carried points into the next season. There is a gap in quality they need to close but each season has it's own pattern. Liverpool finished alongside city last season and this season there is a huge 24 points or so gap.  Next season they start again from 0 and they could easily be head to head with no players added  

The point is that Liverpool are so far ahead now with a number of games still to go.

United are actually closer to the relegation zone that the top of the table.

There is nothing to suggest they are going to close that big gap.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 2:03pm
They don’t have to.  It will be 0 0 when the start and who knows what way Liverpool will play.  Each season has its own dynamics with regards to points etc.  utd need to close the gap in quality but dying they have to close. 30 or point so gap suggests they have to win 10 more games than Liverpool.  As you know it doesn’t work like that and each seasons takes on a dynamic and points total of its own 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 2:08pm
But you've go to be realistic with your goals and targets.

If these are unrealistic then you'll never meet them.

What United can do is aim for a top 4 finish and close the gap on the front 2.

Anything else would be considered an over achievement.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 2:18pm
Just like liverpool have over achieved this year by being 24 points ahead of city.  

Utd need to add quality into their squad esp in midfield and at centre back.  

I think their coach is not good enough either.   Thats harder to resolve but no team is a set number of points behind anyone next season.  
AKA pedantic kunt
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 2:35pm

Just like liverpool have over achieved this year by being 24 points ahead of city.  

I think their coach is not good enough either.   Thats harder to resolve but no team is a set number of points behind anyone next season.  

I don’t think United are a million miles off a challenge, the right recruitment could do the trick we have seen what a difference one player makes in Fernandes. 

If United were to get Sancho, a quality LB, CB and possibly another goalscorer who knows what might happen.

Liverpool’s first 11 is excellent, do they have the money to strengthen? Giving up the chance to sign Werner suggests the club aren’t willing to spend big.

Salah and Mane could also be missing up to a month If the AFCON goes ahead as scheduled.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:58pm

Liverpool 'may' finish with less points than last year.

And I don't think Ole is a good enough manager to close that gap.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I don’t think United are a million miles off a challenge, the right recruitment could do the trick we have seen what a difference one player makes in Fernandes. 

If United were to get Sancho, a quality LB, CB and possibly another goalscorer who knows what might happen.

Liverpool’s first 11 is excellent, do they have the money to strengthen? Giving up the chance to sign Werner suggests the club aren’t willing to spend big.

Salah and Mane could also be missing up to a month If the AFCON goes ahead as scheduled.

Good managers are able to get more out of their teams than the sum of their parts. Wolves are level with Manchester United on points, one of those managers is overachieving and one of those managers is dramatically underachieving.

Too many excuses made for Solskjaer. Manchester United will have spent over £200 million!?! across the last 2 transfer windows and are 5 points off 4th place and a Chelsea team who were under a transfer ban.

The right recruitment was mentioned above, and now United need 4 new players in addition to the 200 million they have spent under Solskjaer just to get to a point where "who knows what will happen?". United need to add more quality at centre back?!? They just bought a centre back for 80 million. Leicesters defence have conceded 2 fewer goals and is comprised of Jonny Evans who was signed for £3.5 million and Soyuncu who was signed for £19 million. Just over a quarter of one Harry Maguire, who was at Leicester the season before. How could it be anything other than coaching?

It is absolutely mental that people still parrot this nonsense about recruitment. Jurgen Klopp turned Jordan Henderson (who was almost sold before Klopp), Andrew Robertson (relegated with Hull), Gini Wijnaldum (relegated with Newcastle) into top class players through his coaching.  He brought Alexander Arnold through to be one of the best right backs in the world. He has turned Mane from an exciting pacey winger from Southampton into one of the best forwards in world football.

If a manager cannot get more out of what he has then he's not very good. Solskjaer has not done that yet and though I expect he will get more time, his performance to date has been very poor.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 8:12pm
Should be a straightforward win tomorrow. It could well be the case that they will need to win all of the remaining league games to get top 4, so this is a very good opportunity to build more momentum and confidence
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:00pm
This is one of the weakest Premiership season's in years, (bar Liverpool) a host of teams are currently a shadow of themselves Arsenal, Spurs, City, Everton and Chelsea etc while Leicester and Wolves are seemingly over performing.

I have no doubt come next season the league will be far stronger again Liverpool no need to go to into detail, Chelsea are already investing heavily, City will definitely make moves too, Spurs despite what some may think will imo be very hard beat next year (they'll still finish below the top 2) and then you have the likes of Arsenal and Everton who can only get better and if Wolves and Leicester have any genuine ambitions to be regular top 4/5 teams they will have to invest themselves.

It will be interesting to see how Man United fair next season!

Edited by Green Devil - 26 Jun 2020 at 9:00pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:04pm
Interesting view on Spurs
In short I think they’re going nowhere fast under Mourinho 
I see no signs of improvement 

Agree on your first few lines about the weakness of the league. All the clubs who’d be expected to fill the top 6 places, bar Liverpool and possibly Chelsea, will be disappointed with their league campaigns. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Jun 2020 at 9:06pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2020 at 9:14pm
Yeah I just think Mourinho is a dangerous person to write off, his ego has been battered and bruised a hell of a lot the last few years and if there's one man who thrives off being written off it's him.

We're really starting to see players like Lo Celso and Bergwijn having an impact, there will also be a fully fit Kane presumably from the start of next season and if Mourinho is good at one thing its sorting a leaky defence out. 

A couple of shrewd signings and they'll be right in the mix for top 3/4 imo. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:42am

Interesting view on Spurs
In short I think they’re going nowhere fast under Mourinho 
I see no signs of improvement 

Agree on your first few lines about the weakness of the league. All the clubs who’d be expected to fill the top 6 places, bar Liverpool and possibly Chelsea, will be disappointed with their league campaigns. 

Spurs need to buy well to be around top 4 next year.
The defending has been terrible this season.
Not confident Jose is the man to improve the team. 

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 4:20pm

The point is that Liverpool are so far ahead now with a number of games still to go.

United are actually closer to the relegation zone that the top of the table.

There is nothing to suggest they are going to close that big gap.

Sure Liverpool made up 20 odd points on City from 2 seasons ago. About a 45 Point difference to now
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16061607160816091610 1770>
  Share Topic