You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15901591159215931594 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I won’t bother Terri, thanks. I already know you are one, confirming it won’t change much, apart from mild irritation at your ‘style’.

Wow!

Forensically analysed and declaimed - Lt. Columbo would have been proud of that one.

I'm devastated.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its that post again, were I talk of the United clear out that needs to be done.

De Gea - just about keep, he's definitely regressing though
Romero - good back up

Wan Bissaka and Maguire would be kept. The former is a good defender but can't attack. Maguire is ok, nowhere near the price tag and nowhere near a world class defender, but no point selling him now.
Jones should be flogged to anyone, a total calamity and joke figure. Wouldn't look out of place in League 1. Shaw isn't good nor fit enough either, Dalot either. Add Rojo to that list and get rid.
Williams looks promising. Lindelöf i'd just about keep.
Is Darmien still there? Bailly is constantly injured.

Midfield - Mata is done, Perreira is a nothing player, Matic is done, Lingard offers nothing, Fred will never be good enough - get rid of them all.
Not sure whats going on with Pogba, it needs sorted though. Either get him fit and playing or get rid of.
McTominay will never be good enough for a top 4 side, but i'd keep anyway as a squad player, and also because Untied aren't a top 4 side.

Rashford, Greenwood and Daniel James would be kept
I'd sell Martial to the highest bidder

I've no doubt half a dozen of these players will still be treapsing about the United squad in 2 or 3 years time.

So you’re only basing this on “the odd other game involving the big teams”?

Edited by BrendanD88 - 23 Jan 2020 at 3:50pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 4:34pm
And match of the day highlights Thumbs Up

I doubt any of the ones that I've criticised are pulling up any trees given United's current predicament
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 4:47pm

And match of the day highlights Thumbs Up

I doubt any of the ones that I've criticised are pulling up any trees given United's current predicament

They're not. Also the claim by pundits and many others that United are only 5/6 players away from challenging for a title currently is pie in the sky stuff. It's just a continuation of this bizarre nonsense that Solskjaer isn't a million miles away from building a strong team and just give him the next few transfer windows and they'll get there. His media pals keeping him in the job is almost as interesting a part of this story as the comical state of a team with one of the highest wage bills on the planet.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 4:53pm

There isn't another set of fans in the league who would swap their current manager for Solskjaer, I wouldn't have thought.

Between 2008 and 2012 Manchester City spent £460m to go from mid table obscurity to title winners

Between 2014 and 2020 Manchester United spent £960m to go from title winners to mid table obscurity

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 23 Jan 2020 at 4:53pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 5:51pm

There isn't another set of fans in the league who would swap their current manager for Solskjaer, I wouldn't have thought.

Between 2008 and 2012 Manchester City spent £460m to go from mid table obscurity to title winners

Between 2014 and 2020 Manchester United spent £960m to go from title winners to mid table obscurity

Without in any way seeking to defend MU's (frankly bonkers) transfer spending, it is worth noting that "spending your way to success" depends on a whole lot more than transfer spending these days...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jan/22/manchester-city-financial-fair-play-breaches-2012-13-accounting-sponsorships-uefa-champions-league

Shocked

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 8:05pm
Joel Glazer, an American venture capitalist, has decided that Bruno Fernandes isn't worth the money that is being touted for him. I'd trust the first lad I run into in any northside pub on what he's worth over the opinion of Joel Glazer, who knows precisely zero about football. 

There are dozens of other examples like this that lead me to wonder what exactly the point is in discussing whether Ole is the right manager at this moment in time. 

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 23 Jan 2020 at 8:06pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:25pm
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:28pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 11:03pm
Tranmere away on Sunday. Bad feeling about this one already Dead
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:36am
I've a good feeling! Hopefully they lose.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:25am
I actually don't think he'll be sacked even if they do lose
From all accounts are doing absolutely every to balls up the Fernandes deal
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

I don't see why they'd sack him. The club is as profitable for the executive as it's ever been, Solskjaer isnt going to snipe about transfer ineptitude like Mourinho and van Gaal, so there's no need.

In other news, United were fined 20k for the disallowed goal against Liverpool. Woodward is offering the FA 12k with 5k in add-ons if United have to play behind closed doors in the next year.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I don't see why they'd sack him. The club is as profitable for the executive as it's ever been, Solskjaer isnt going to snipe about transfer ineptitude like Mourinho and van Gaal, so there's no need.

In other news, United were fined 20k for the disallowed goal against Liverpool. Woodward is offering the FA 12k with 5k in add-ons if United have to play behind closed doors in the next year.

They're heading for a midtable finish and empty seats are getting ever more evident at Old Trafford. It can't just all be about the money surely.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:20pm
Tranmere are the 3rd lowest ranked team in regard to the keeping possession in League 1, if Ole sets United up to go and hit them on the counter attack he may as well just resign. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:21pm

They're heading for a midtable finish and empty seats are getting ever more evident at Old Trafford. It can't just all be about the money surely.

I think it can - These guys are businessmen after all, with no discernible passion for football. And they are running a phenomenal business for themselves. The empty seats and the midtable finish are not reflected in the balance sheet. FSG are committed to sports excellence, which is why Liverpool are thriving. the Emiratis at city are committed to promoting themselves positively worldwide, therefore they commit their resources to ensuring City are excellent on the pitch. You need only look at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to see where the Glazers' priorities lie.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:43pm
Solskjaer is trotting out the line heard by his former team mates recently that Klopp needed time to turn Liverpool around so he should be given the same

They’re forgetting that Klopp is actually a very good manager 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:44pm

It is if your name's Glazer...

(Oops! Just seen On The One Road's post, which puts it very well.)

Edited by Territorial - 24 Jan 2020 at 12:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15901591159215931594 1770>
  Share Topic