You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15731574157515761577 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 8:18pm
Decent enough start but for the love of God, if you put a plate down with a single half-spoonful of mashed potato, already loaded onto the spoon, and set it in front of a ravenous Marcus Rashford, and told him it was all he was getting to eat that evening, he'd still have trouble finishing his dinner.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 8:51pm
I've said it from day one that Rashford was never a natural finisher. He misses too many chances. 

It'll be interesting to see how he adapts his game when he loses his pace as he gets older. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:36pm
Good performance tonight but it's stupid leaving two forwards on for the full 90 when the game is over since half time and United are thin up front anyway. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I've said it from day one that Rashford was never a natural finisher. He misses too many chances. 

It'll be interesting to see how he adapts his game when he loses his pace as he gets older. 

When Lukaku was his age he was playing for Everton and scored 25 league goals.
Getting rid of Lukaku with no replacement was a crazy decision.

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Matic - "His legs have gone"

It seems to me that every player over the age of 30 nowadays have this line attached to them Ermm

Funny how Matic under both Jose and Ole, ran on average just under 12km per game (Feb 2019) but again you would be lead to believe his legs had gone if you listened/read lazy journalism, ex pro's spouting nonsense as per and your Twitter fans (lads who don't actually go to games) etc 

Matic has never been quick either, so even if his pace did decrease slightly it wouldn't impact his game too much when comparing how it would to a wingers or full backs game. 

True, but I do think he's lost that little bit that has made him slower to react, which I suppose could be considered the legs have gone
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:06pm
United were actually a joy to watch today! Rashford, McTominay, James, AWB, Williams and even Fred all had excellent games.

If McTominay keeps this form up it’s only a matter of time before Preston come in for him. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:20pm
If they keep this form up they won't go down.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:21pm
United were good a missed a load of chances. 

Didn't seem to be much in the tackle that injured McTominay. Must've landed awkwardly on his ankle. 

If United can keep within 4/5 points of the top 4 coming out of Christmas, I'd take that.  
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:35pm

Didn't seem to be much in the tackle that injured McTominay. Must've landed awkwardly on his ankle. 

If United can keep within 4/5 points of the top 4 coming out of Christmas, I'd take that.  

Given that they're still closer to bottom than the top four, I'd take that!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:49pm

Looking at United's fixtures they still have to play Spurs, City, Liverpool Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester all away from home and have yet to play Spurs or City at home either.

Really can't see them plugging a 9 gap point as it is on top of the above mentioned.

Edited by Green Devil - 10 Nov 2019 at 4:51pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Looking at United's fixtures they still have to play Spurs, City, Liverpool Chelsea, Arsenal and Leicester all away from home and have yet to play Spurs or City at home either.

Really can't see them plugging a 9 gap point as it is on top of the above mentioned.

Don't think so either tbh. United need to take maximum points from the Villa and Sheffield United games and the latter is nowhere near a guaranteed 3 points before they play those top sides. 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 10:59am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

United were actually a joy to watch today! Rashford, McTominay, James, AWB, Williams and even Fred all had excellent games.

If McTominay keeps this form up it’s only a matter of time before Preston come in for him. 

Played extremely well yesterday missed a fortune too it really should of been 5 or 6. Young Williams did great at left back really should be starting every week instead of young, got a great reception from the old Trafford crowd when coming off too
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:01pm
The team has been extremely up and down this year in terms of performances - put out the youngest side in the PL this season against Brighton. There are a lot of lads in that team with room to improve and reach potential. The Bournemouth result was a real kick in the teeth last week but generally the team has been playing well in recent weeks with some good away wins.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:02pm
Looks a very good player, both he and Shaw should be ahead of Young. How he got another contract is beyond me.
Any word on McTominay's injury? Have to admit I wrote him off but is becoming one of the more important players in the squad, mostly due to not having other midfielders
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2019 at 8:32am
McTominay out for 4 weeks from the look of it
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:17am
Would have thought the media would be all over Poch to United but haven't read a thing about it
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:46am
Was thinking about that on the way in this morning. Should Utd bite the bullet and get rid of OGS and get Poch before he ends up somewhere else? OGS more than likely wont see the start of next season, who do Utd go after then if Poch is elsewhere?
Some people just deserve a slap
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 11:16am
He's already in negotiations with Bayern apparently.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15731574157515761577 1770>
  Share Topic