You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15721573157415751576 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Being linked with some potentially great youngsters in Haland, Tonali and Odegaard, as well as Mandzukic in January.

The latter being more likely
Sell Lukaku & buy Mandzukic - why? Nowhere near good enough
Some people just deserve a slap
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 3:34pm
United have been doing well in recent games. Solskjaer has made turnovers and play in transition absolutely central to what the team is trying to do - lads like Martial, James and Rashford, even Fred can thrive in that system. They've taken a long time to get up to speed (James excepted) and have been guilty of poor decision making- breaking down moves and costing points.

It's not a one size fits all though, and i can see why he wants to bring a big imposing goalscorer in in January such as Haland or Mandzukic. United's style as it currently is is a reactionary one and can be very easily nullified by teams that do not want to engage them. If they can get the right personnel in - another utility attacker, a physical prolific striker, and a ball winner in midfield, they'll be adding more that can unpick Premier League defences.

When they've been executing effectively they've been positive, quick and exciting, and it's been a long time since i've been able to say that about them. Patience will be key with Solskjaer - even if he is ultimately unsuccessful at getting the team back to where they were, his recruitment and attempted style of play have been pleasing (the latter when it works).
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 12:42pm
Wtf was Fred at there?! Why didn't he go with his left? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:17pm
A loss today and they are right back in the relegation dogfight.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 1:18pm
Sucker punched. Terrible goal to concede.

Pereira is a useless sh*te. Get Fred off to fook.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 7:47pm
Seriously though does anyone think United could be relegated? it has happened before😐
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 8:02pm
I'm the last person to talk nonsense on here but I think they will be in the bottom 3 at Christmas.  They need to get in Big Sam to get them out of trouble.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 8:16pm
Short oul revival that. Liverpool fans of ye olden days around the time football began in 1992 will remember Houllier's talk of 'turning corners' on the odd occasion that his team had 2 half decent results. They kept turning corners alright, all the way back to where they started.  It does seem reminiscent of those times. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

United have been doing well in recent games. Solskjaer has made turnovers and play in transition absolutely central to what the team is trying to do - lads like Martial, James and Rashford, even Fred can thrive in that system. They've taken a long time to get up to speed (James excepted) and have been guilty of poor decision making- breaking down moves and costing points.

It's not a one size fits all though, and i can see why he wants to bring a big imposing goalscorer in in January such as Haland or Mandzukic. United's style as it currently is is a reactionary one and can be very easily nullified by teams that do not want to engage them. If they can get the right personnel in - another utility attacker, a physical prolific striker, and a ball winner in midfield, they'll be adding more that can unpick Premier League defences.

When they've been executing effectively they've been positive, quick and exciting, and it's been a long time since i've been able to say that about them. Patience will be key with Solskjaer - even if he is ultimately unsuccessful at getting the team back to where they were, his recruitment and attempted style of play have been pleasing (the latter when it works).

I hope they’re very very patient with him 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:20pm
Allegri the favourite for the Bayern job
Should United bite the bullet, sack OGS and try get him in ahead of them
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 3:52pm
Yes
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 4:55pm
Definitely not, leave him be. Needs more time, at least another 2/3 years Smile

Seriously though, if you were Allegri I'm sure Bayern is a far more appealing place to go at the minute
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 12:21am

Allegri the favourite for the Bayern job
Should United bite the bullet, sack OGS and try get him in ahead of them

FC Bayern are interested in hiring Erik ten Hag as coach according to Kicker.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Seriously though, if you were Allegri I'm sure Bayern is a far more appealing place to go at the minute

I think United still would be appealing at the minute, which I think is an other reason that they should act now, while it still is

There's the guts of a decent to good team there, OGS just cant seem to get the best out of them
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 10:15am

I think United still would be appealing at the minute, which I think is an other reason that they should act now, while it still is

There's the guts of a decent to good team there, OGS just cant seem to get the best out of them
Is there though? Fred & Young shouldn't be anywhere near a Utd first team and their bench on Saturday was terrible. There's a serious rebuilding job there that could take years, is that something Allegri or others would fancy? Since Fergie left they've had 2 of the worlds top managers there in LVG & Mourinho and neither of them did much towards repairing the damage. Don't think OGS is the man either though
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 10:52am

Is there though? Fred & Young shouldn't be anywhere near a Utd first team and their bench on Saturday was terrible. There's a serious rebuilding job there that could take years, is that something Allegri or others would fancy? Since Fergie left they've had 2 of the worlds top managers there in LVG & Mourinho and neither of them did much towards repairing the damage. Don't think OGS is the man either though

Completely agree with Young, and whilst Fred in a trier, is a squad player at best
I haven't agreed with any of the choices that they've made regarding managers. All the wrong person for the job, although I did have a bit of hope for Jose despite not being a fan.
In fairness to him, he did have them battling for the top four unlike OGS
As a United fan, I still think we should and can attract the best out there, but, the longer this poor period goes on, that attraction slips more and more.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:06pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 5:54pm
Matic - "His legs have gone"

It seems to me that every player over the age of 30 nowadays have this line attached to them Ermm

Funny how Matic under both Jose and Ole, ran on average just under 12km per game (Feb 2019) but again you would be lead to believe his legs had gone if you listened/read lazy journalism, ex pro's spouting nonsense as per and your Twitter fans (lads who don't actually go to games) etc 

Matic has never been quick either, so even if his pace did decrease slightly it wouldn't impact his game too much when comparing how it would to a wingers or full backs game. 

Edited by Green Devil - 07 Nov 2019 at 5:57pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15721573157415751576 1770>
  Share Topic