Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15601561156215631564 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:30pm
I see your Ashley Young. I raise you Andreas Perreira LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The linesman made some balls up of the arsenal goal 

How did he think that was offside 

Arsenal are lucky the red didn’t whistle before it went in
He wasn't even level. LOLEmbarrassed

It's moments like this where VAR comes into it's own, to sort out glaring mistakes like that. Otherwise all we would have been talking about now was how Arsenal were robbed. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:42pm
MU's worst league start in 30 years, apparently.

Some more stats:

• Manchester United's haul of nine points after seven games is their worst tally at this stage of a top-flight season since 1989-90 (7 points).
  • Arsenal are unbeaten in consecutive Premier League games at Old Trafford (D2) for the first time since January 2000.
  • Arsenal (5) had more shots on target than Man Utd (4) in a Premier League game at Old Trafford for the first time since May 2009 (4-0).
  • Manchester United have won 49 points from their 28 Premier League games under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - two fewer than they won in their final 28 games under Jose Mourinho.
  • McTominay's goal was his first for Manchester United at Old Trafford, in his 25th home game for the club in all competitions.
And I liked this comment on the BBC website:

Combined best X1

1 De Gea
2 S*hite
3 S*hite
4 S*hite
5 S*hite
6 S*hite
7 S*hite
8 S*hite
9 S*hite
10 S*hite
11 Aubameyang

Edited by Territorial - 30 Sep 2019 at 11:14pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Roy Keane sh*tting himself in the sky studio standing in front of a touch screen scared he will be asked a question about tactics. 

Tactics are overrated anyway. Put him on the field tonight and he wud put that bunch to shame. Looking back at some of his forest and utd highlights after the game. Such a fcking player he was. How do ya like them apples. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:30pm
What’s that got to do with anything?
His time as a player is over
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:35pm

I think it's relevant. He's clearly friendly with Solskjaer. I'd wager that Keane is still now a better player than any of Uniteds current central midfielders. So maybe Solskjaer will draft Keane in to strengthen the team.

Solskjaer looks like such a broken soul there now. It is actually sad every time he gets interviewed or the camera pans to him. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Roy Keane sh*tting himself in the sky studio standing in front of a touch screen scared he will be asked a question about tactics. 

Tactics are overrated anyway. Put him on the field tonight and he wud put that bunch to shame. Looking back at some of his forest and utd highlights after the game. Such a fcking player he was. How do ya like them apples. 

Aye that's what Martin O'Neill said just before he took off our midfield against Denmark.

I like them apples fine. They can be red or green.  Which do you prefer?  I prefer red. Bit sweeter.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:40pm
The PL has turned into a glorified Scottish Premiership a fckin dire spectacle is all it is now
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:44pm
Football worldwide seems to be utter sh*te at the moment.  Ok Liverpool and city are good but all the so called big clubs in Europe are mostly dog sh*t.

Real Madrid -sh*te
AC Milan - sh*te
Inter - sh*te
Bayern - sh*te
PSG -sh*te
Arsenal -sh*te
Man Utd -sh*te
Celtic -sh*te
Chelsea -sh*te
Dortmund -sh*te
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 11:57pm
The PL in terms of attacking football is actually at an all time high. Most of the managers are playing aggressive attacking football. United just have a manager way way out of his depth. Howe, Rodgers, Hasenhuttl, Potter, Silva, Pelligrini, Wilder, Smith, Farke all managing clubs outside the top 6 and trying to bring them forward and not just aim to finish 17th. Now some teams may not succeed in that strategy as their quality of players is questionable, but at least the managers are trying to be positive. 

Just because United are dire, absolute sh*t on a stick football wise, doesn't mean the PL is. It actually couldn't be further from the truth in the last season or 2. Managers like Allardyce and their poisonous football ideals are being removed from the top level of English football.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I think it's relevant. He's clearly friendly with Solskjaer. I'd wager that Keane is still now a better player than any of Uniteds current central midfielders. So maybe Solskjaer will draft Keane in to strengthen the team.

Solskjaer looks like such a broken soul there now. It is actually sad every time he gets interviewed or the camera pans to him. 

Heard him peddling the 6 or 7 academy players line (they still count Pogba as an academy player LOL), and also that they’re really starting to build something there. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:02am

The PL in terms of attacking football is actually at an all time high. Most of the managers are playing aggressive attacking football. United just have a manager way way out of his depth. Howe, Rodgers, Hasenhuttl, Potter, Silva, Pelligrini, Wilder, Smith, Farke all managing clubs outside the top 6 and trying to bring them forward and not just aim to finish 17th. Now some teams may not succeed in that strategy as their quality of players is questionable, but at least the managers are trying to be positive. 

Just because United are dire, absolute sh*t on a stick football wise, doesn't mean the PL is. It actually couldn't be further from the truth in the last season or 2. Managers like Allardyce and their poisonous football ideals are being removed from the top level of English football.

Familiar line’s heard over the last few years from people who were massive United fans during the Fergie years:

I don’t even watch the premier league anymore
I don’t care about united anymore
I don’t really like football

They’ll all come crawling out of the woodwork again some day 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Oct 2019 at 12:03am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:05am

Heard him peddling the 6 or 7 academy players line (they still count Pogba as an academy player LOL), and also that they’re really starting to build something there. 

Keane was incredibly soft tonight considering how awful United were. Gary Neville started the game counting the academy products and the number of younger players on the pitch. The PR job on Solskjaers behalf is well and truly underway. 

Was Pogba playing tonight?
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:32am

Football worldwide seems to be utter sh*te at the moment.  Ok Liverpool and city are good but all the so called big clubs in Europe are mostly dog sh*t.

Real Madrid -sh*te
AC Milan - sh*te
Inter - sh*te
Bayern - sh*te
PSG -sh*te
Arsenal -sh*te
Man Utd -sh*te
Celtic -sh*te
Chelsea -sh*te
Dortmund -sh*te
No different when United and Chelsea dominated.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
TRV View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 1:36am
UTD, the most revelant team ever .
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 7:34am
McTominay the only bright spot for United last night, he has been their best player the past 6 months. Will be playing in the championship in a few seasons though.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 8:24am
Do you think he will stay at Old Trafford after relegation?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 9:34am

Real Madrid -sh*te
AC Milan - sh*te
Inter - sh*te
Bayern - sh*te
PSG -sh*te
Arsenal -sh*te
Man Utd -sh*te
Celtic -sh*te
Chelsea -sh*te
Dortmund -sh*te

Add Barca to that list as well. It's true that the historically big clubs around Europe are struggling to varying degrees at the moment but as Hans points out there has been an influx of progressive managers into the PL in recent seasons that has almost certainly improved the league. The problem is that the top two are just so far out in front of the rest of the pack that comparisons to the duopoly of the SPL appear valid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15601561156215631564 1770>
  Share Topic