Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15581559156015611562 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:28pm
Tbf, they are godawful footballers. People seem to make more of McTominay than he'll ever be, just because he came up through the ranks at United. Probably a grand lad to have as squad filler and playing 5 mins in a handful of PL games a season. To be a regular player in a side, he should  be championship level at best.

Perreira is an absolute fraud. It is hilarious to see him playing regularly for a club that size.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Selling Lukaku was the correct decision. Half the time watching him play he looks like a lad who won a raffle to get onto the pitch. His stats are also massively padded, he is by far the greatest garbage time goalscorer of all time.

It was the correct decision IF you had the replacement player(s) at the club.

He wasn’t in his control but to let a striker go with no replacement is stupid. 

Lukaku has a good goal scoring record. I’m really surprised another top 6 club didn’t take him.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 27 Sep 2019 at 4:32pm

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Looks like McTominay and Perreira are going to be mentioned on every post of yours Hans on this thread now LOL

LOL Sad sad man.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Selling Lukaku was the correct decision. Half the time watching him play he looks like a lad who won a raffle to get onto the pitch. His stats are also massively padded, he is by far the greatest garbage time goalscorer of all time.

Lukaku has a good goal scoring record. I’m really surprised another top 6 club didn’t take him.
Agreed. Madness to sell him without bringing someone in
Some people just deserve a slap
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Looks like McTominay and Perreira are going to be mentioned on every post of yours Hans on this thread now LOL

LOL Sad sad man.

Hi Brendy 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Agreed. Madness to esell him without bringing someone in

Lukaku saw that the clown Sarri was getting the juventus job and thought easy title for me
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 6:10pm

There are a lot more problems in the club that have contributed to their current position than who the manager is/was

Absolutely.

But that only makes it more important that they have a competent manager looking after on-field matters, not less.

I suspect the whole club was a mess when Ferguson took over, hence it needing 6 full seasons before he won the league.

Obviously it is never easy to find the next Ferguson.

But if you don't believe that OGS is the one, as seems increasingly evident, then the sooner you start the search again, appoint Fergie Mk.II and let him get on with it, the better.

The only other argument for keeping OGS would be if he were a "safe pair of hands", keeping things steady on the field while the club's other problems are addressed.

But he's not that either, in fact he doesn't even see himself that way.

Edited by Territorial - 27 Sep 2019 at 6:14pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 6:16pm

Edited by Territorial - 27 Sep 2019 at 6:21pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Quick and mobile striker playing the lone role up top.

Usain Bolt would have paid his own airfare to Manchester to sign for them.

Defo a missed opportunity. Wink
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

There are a lot more problems in the club that have contributed to their current position than who the manager is/was

Absolutely.

But that only makes it more important that they have a competent manager looking after on-field matters, not less.

I suspect the whole club was a mess when Ferguson took over, hence it needing 6 full seasons before he won the league.

Obviously it is never easy to find the next Ferguson.

But if you don't believe that OGS is the one, as seems increasingly evident, then the sooner you start the search again, appoint Fergie Mk.II and let him get on with it, the better.

The only other argument for keeping OGS would be if he were a "safe pair of hands", keeping things steady on the field while the club's other problems are addressed.

But he's not that either, in fact he doesn't even see himself that way.

United thought they had that in Mourinho.

I don’t believe Ole is the right man for the job but there are certainly other areas of the club which are a much bigger problem.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

Lukaku saw that the clown Sarri was getting the juventus job and thought easy title for me

curious here why is he a clown? 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 9:13pm
Talking about Lukaku reminds me of debates about Heskey 😆
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Talking about Lukaku reminds me of debates about Heskey 😆

There's not much between them, but I'd edge for Heskey out of the 2.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 8:57am
Territorial, you love the stats, can you compare Jolley's and Pochetino's results since Jolley took over
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by AonSceal19 AonSceal19 wrote:

curious here why is he a clown? 

He's very Louis Van Gaal esque in his stubbornness to adapt his playing style. He's coming up against a maverick in Conte at Inter. It's the my way or the highway approach which will end in tears for the smoke puffing Sarri. To be honest the Manchester United thread has been ruined by an infiltration of rival fans which is why I'm not my usual serious self that tries to engage in interesting conversations like in the Irish forums. I suppose the Liverpool thread could go the same way when Slippy G gets the job in 2022😉
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 3:13pm
Can’t see Utd losing today
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Can’t see Utd losing today
telly broke?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 3:38pm
No I’ve got an eye infection!
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15581559156015611562 1770>
  Share Topic