You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14911492149314941495 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Surely alderwiereld at 25mill is great value compared to that ape Maguire. We were linked with him all last summer and no sniff this. Have I missed something where he committed to spurs or something? No guarantee that he or anybody would want to go to utd now anyway but far better option than that other numpty
TA was 30 in March. At best, he has 3 or 4 years left in him, with no sell-on value. At worst, he is on his way down (though I've not seen any signs) and could be done before then.

HM was 26 in March, has improved markedly in the last 3 or 4 years and should have much more to come. If he works out, MU could get 6 or 7 years out of him (or sell him on before then).

Imo, their problem is not deciding which one to sign, it's that they're not signing both, such is the poverty of their squad, with TA to get them through the next season or two, while HM settles fully.

A double signing would also allow them to get rid of both Smalling and Jones (or convert the latter into a DM, where he might be worth a squad place).

Then having sorted out their CB's, it would only leave them to fix their FB's, midfield and attack. (Oh and gk, if DDG leaves)

Another five or six (quality) players should do it.
Sponsored Links

eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Surely alderwiereld at 25mill is great value compared to that ape Maguire. We were linked with him all last summer and no sniff this. Have I missed something where he committed to spurs or something? No guarantee that he or anybody would want to go to utd now anyway but far better option than that other numpty
TA was 30 in March. At best, he has 3 or 4 years left in him, with no sell-on value. At worst, he is on his way down (though I've not seen any signs) and could be done before then.

HM was 26 in March, has improved markedly in the last 3 or 4 years and should have much more to come. If he works out, MU could get 6 or 7 years out of him (or sell him on before then).

Imo, their problem is not deciding which one to sign, it's that they're not signing both, such is the poverty of their squad, with TA to get them through the next season or two, while HM settles fully.

A double signing would also allow them to get rid of both Smalling and Jones (or convert the latter into a DM, where he might be worth a squad place).

Then having sorted out their CB's, it would only leave them to fix their FB's, midfield and attack. (Oh and gk, if DDG leaves)

Another five or six (quality) players should do it.

He'll fit right in so.
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 4:44pm
Seems a new bid of up to 50m has been rejected for Wan Bissaka. Palace could absolutely clean up here if they hold firm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 4:48pm
B
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Seems a new bid of up to 50m has been rejected for Wan Bissaka. Palace could absolutely clean up here if they hold firm
Apparently he had a trial here at Cambridge United and seemed not good enough. I believe he was a winger then. Funny old game.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

The player has played 42 Premier League games, and is currently behind the younger Alexander Arnold, and Kyle Walker in the England pecking order. That’s over £1 million per game played, and he is not a full international yet.

I can’t but feel United should call time on this one and look elsewhere. Especially as Palace stand firm on their players. 
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 4:58pm
Haven't seen anything that would suggest he's worth anything near that price.
What happened to the Portuguese lad that they both a couple of years ago.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

He went onto Real Madrid and is now at Juventus
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 6:45pm
Watching Premier League years on sky.  Every one of Andrei Kanchelskis' goals were when he was running in on goal and shoots straight at the keeper only for the ball to rebound straight to him to score from the rebound. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 7:22pm

LOL
Jimbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 8:33pm
I support Palace and hope we hang onto Wan Bissaka for as long as possible, but I don't think he is good enough going forward at the moment for any of the major clubs to want him in their side. Fullbacks are hugely important in the modern game as an attacking outlet, which is why Robertson and Alexander Arnold make such a difference to the Liverpool team.

Wan Bissaka's assists record is relatively poor for a modern day full back, which is strange as he was originally a winger. He only became a full back after marking Zaha out of a training session at Palace whilst filling in at right back.

Leicester should snap Man Utd's hand off if they offer anything over £50m for Maguire. He is the perfect example of why you should never base any recruitment decision purely on the basis of how a player performs at a World Cup, especially when his side can't even keep a clean sheet against Tunisia and Panama.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 9:50pm
Issa Diop being linked
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 8:56am

Yeah very good

Right full. Dalot I think his name was
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 12:04pm
Yea it's still his name Thumbs Up
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 12:10pm

Issa Diop being linked

Diop is a truly good prospect. He is very commanding defensively and has a long range shot on him that is generally associated with central mids.

However, like Wan Bissaka, the quoted price is insane, considering he cost West Ham £24 Million last year, and he has had one season in the Premier League. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Yea it's still his name Thumbs Up

Oh dear.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Uniteds biggest thing is removing the huge amount of wasters there first. Sign the likes of Aldeirweireld, as brilliant as he is imo, and bring him into such a toxic squad and he'll just get sucked under. They are going nowhere, no matter who they sign, until they remove a massive chunk of that squad from the club. Pogba would be a positive start.

In reality though, it's hard to see them sorting much of the issues. They are s uch  a hilariously badly run club. It looks to me like this spiral of mediocrity will only get worse until new owners eventually come in, remove Woodward and put an actual proper football structure in place in the club. Tis a sad state of affairs there.

But why would Toby A sign? An increase in wages is about the only inducement United could offer at this point in time. What was a little blip under Moyes 5 years ago, has become a chronic and unabated slide, where a lot of money has been thrown around, and serious change at managerial level. The blueprint either has to be City or Liverpool, as Spurs are just not spending enough on their squad to become as competitive as they could be. But at least the culture at Spurs is excellent and the spirit looks first rate.

United are coasting on fumes. After all the money spent on coaches and players, they are left in 6th position, and unlike Liverpool in 2018 are not just a couple of players away from
challenging. Without the funds that have been pumped, United would finish in lower mid table.

Aldeirweireld should most definitely not sign for United. It is career suicide. At his age there would be no coming back from it. Any player of decent standing signing for United right now would have to be seriously questioned. You would never be signing for them right now aspiring to win the big trophies. That is clearly years off.

United are very much in the kind of state AC Milan have been in the last 6/7 years. Terribly run by the owners (Milan owner issues obviously a bit different the past few years), who have appointed incompetent people to run the football side of things. Ex players who are nowhere near qualified enough being giving the job as manager. Overpaying for really ordinary players in terms of transfer fees and wages, and then being unable to move on these wasters on as no other club will touch them in that wage bracket (the only way to move guys on will be a golden handshake and free transfer).

The one big difference between the likes of Milan and United is that United have the money to turn this around quickly if the right football decisions were made. They simply don't have the nous to do this though. It will be a bleak few years yet, and it's already been 6 seasons since they last challenged for a league title. That takes some doing considering the amount of money they have spent on the squad (wages and transfers).

I see Juan Mata has been signed on for another 2 or 3 years is it. Another abysmal footballing decision. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 19 Jun 2019 at 4:44pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 5:34pm
I see Woodworm is insisting on ignoring Fergie's advice.  The chap hasn't a clue about football.  Woodworm hasn't a clue either.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14911492149314941495 1770>
  Share Topic