You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14861487148814891490 1771>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

...Well, choosing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer over Mauricio Pochettino is really looking like a smart decision now, isn't it?

Nothing personal nuk, but what makes anyone think Poch would have accepted the call from MU?

He's clearly not an idiot.

(Which is quite apart from the fact he'll have had any number of alternatives had he so chosen)

I'm not saying Pochettino would have gone to Man Utd., but the fact is it was well known he was United's first choice, but the pursuit of him faded because Solskjaer won his first few games as caretaker manager and, let's face it, because Solskjaer was the cheaper option.

The over-riding factor in him getting the job was the demand by fans, players, ex players, media etc to give him it after his good start. IMO.
Don't even think the money aspect of it mattered that much.

Would agree Baggio. Even with the great start Solksjaer had, Poch would have been the better long option for United. Would he have jumped ship? Personally I think he would have, but  guess we'll never know
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:12am
Luke Shaw wins the player of the year award at United's end of season do last night

Just about sums up their season

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:17am

Luke Shaw wins the player of the year award at United's end of season do last night

Just about sums up their season

Seen that earlier thought it was a piss take
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:17am
Sky reporting they're going to Daniel James from Swansea for £15m
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

Having just spent close to 2k on two season tickets. 

I expect to see f**king better than Daniel James. Get a f**king grip Woodward. 

Go get Van Der Sar as director of football, build a team around him to scout players to help Ole. Phelan staying is a move we should of made 6 years ago.

Who’s made the decision to buy James? Mourinho’s scout? Van Gaals? Maybe Moyes? As they’re all still there ConfusedLOL

The Club is a f**king mess. We need a marque signing, and a world class centre back, De Ligt, Koulibaly. May as well panic but and get Fernándes for 80m before City get him for 50m like we did with Fred.

I don't think David May would change much in that defence.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:31am

Go get Van Der Sar as director of football, build a team around him to scout players to help Ole. Phelan staying is a move we should of made 6 years ago.

Who’s made the decision to buy James? Mourinho’s scout? Van Gaals? Maybe Moyes? As they’re all still there ConfusedLOL

The Club is a f**king mess. We need a marque signing, and a world class centre back, De Ligt, Koulibaly. May as well panic but and get Fernándes for 80m before City get him for 50m like we did with Fred.

Yesssss more panic signings please.

The likes of Fred and Sanchez transfers have worked out great so far.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:27pm
Shaw got the Supporters Player of the year as well
Does sum up how good they were this season.
James does look a good player, and would think that would be very happy to go and  prove himself at United.
There's a few that would be feasible for United ahead of him though

Tielemans from Monaco looked a great player while at Leicester last year
Dias from Benfica looks a excellent Centre Half
Jovic from Frankfurt looks a top goal scorer

Would think that they all would be interested in the move barring a CL team coming in 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:29pm
James is incredibly quick. Caused City big problems in the FA Cup.

Very quick wide Welsh player. I can see what United are thinking here.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:38pm
I've no issue with United signing Daniel James.Young player who looks to have lots of potential. 
15m isn't even big money nowadays, low risk transfer imo.

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:31pm
15 million and presumably not big wages for a young lad with lots to prove and potential. Can't see the downside really. If he doesn't turn out a success there's very little lost.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:37pm

I don't think David May would change much in that defence.
Perhaps he means Theresa?

Who might even change it for the better.

Meanwhile, regarding De Ligt, whilst van der Sar says he will go to Spain or England this summer, reports suggest that he's already turned down Man U:
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:45pm

He's playing out wide for the moment (too inexperienced to play through the middle?), but I can see him becoming an out-and-out striker like eg Jamie Vardy or Jermain Defoe.

Actually his style reminds me more of another ex MU player, Michael Owen, who was brought up in Wales, only being born in England for lack of a maternity hospital nearer to home.

Remind me how Owen worked out at OT? Wink

Edited by Territorial - 10 May 2019 at 2:47pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

He's playing out wide for the moment (too inexperienced to play through the middle?), but I can see him becoming an out-and-out striker like eg Jamie Vardy or Jermain Defoe.

Actually his style reminds me more of another ex MU player, Michael Owen, who was brought up in Wales, only being born in England for lack of a maternity hospital nearer to home.

Remind me how Owen worked out at OT? Wink

He won the Premier League. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:02pm

As mentioned earlier on this thread, Van Der Sar is the CEO of Ajax and not the DOF. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:38pm

I’m aware of what VDS job is at Ajax.

However he’s the most qualified for the job. What other ex player of United is doing a job similar at any other club in Europe? 

They’re looking at Rio, Scholes etc Simply not good enough.

Money talks, offer De Ligt 250k pay him more then any other club. Look how much we paid Sanchez.

James isn’t exactly going to excite fans is he? Many a young talent has went to Old Trafford and Been crippled under the pressure. Zaha comes to mind. I’m not doubting he has potential. 

I’m fustrated that’s our first signing. A talent of potential instead of a certainty or someone who has displayed ability consistently in Europe. 

I don’t fancy Harry Maguire either, nor Rice. We need proven players to buy into the club, hungry. Then go buy players like Rice. 
Huge summer ahead, we need a whole new attitude at the club. /‘d half of those scouts from 4 different managers need to f**k off.  

If you are happy to have somebody in charge of, amongst other things, your transfer strategy who has absolutely no experience of this then surely Rio would be a far cheaper former player option !

Or you could actually look for a DOF who has actually done the job before and ignore the fact that he or she has no connection to the club. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:40pm
James, Tielemans & Rice are exactly the players United should be after. Young, hungry and bags of potential. Jovic is joining Real for 60 mill. 
I dunno why lads are looking marquee  signings, United have been doing that for 4/5 years and look where that’s got them. 

Edited by 9fingers - 10 May 2019 at 4:46pm
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:40pm
Don't get the links to Maguire either. A decent centre half but with figures being quoted of 75m there's definitely better than him for that money.

2 youngish centre halves in Germany, Tah and Ginter would be at least half of that
Not sure if Sule is first choice for Bayern. Would think he'd be an upgrade on anything there at the moment
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:09pm

I’m aware of what VDS job is at Ajax.

However he’s the most qualified for the job. What other ex player of United is doing a job similar at any other club in Europe? 

They’re looking at Rio, Scholes etc Simply not good enough.

Money talks, offer De Ligt 250k pay him more then any other club. Look how much we paid Sanchez.

James isn’t exactly going to excite fans is he? Many a young talent has went to Old Trafford and Been crippled under the pressure. Zaha comes to mind. I’m not doubting he has potential. 

I’m fustrated that’s our first signing. A talent of potential instead of a certainty or someone who has displayed ability consistently in Europe. 

I don’t fancy Harry Maguire either, nor Rice. We need proven players to buy into the club, hungry. Then go buy players like Rice. 
Huge summer ahead, we need a whole new attitude at the club. /‘d half of those scouts from 4 different managers need to f**k off.  

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14861487148814891490 1771>
  Share Topic