You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14671468146914701471 1770>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:02pm
Captain fantastico strikes again LOL

What an embarrassment he is. Along with half the team, they’ve absolutely swindled careers out of United for years now.

DDG has one foot out the door and rightly so
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:05pm
The Sunday Times next expose piece should be trying to find out how Ashley Young not only plays for Man United but how he's captain! 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

The Sunday Times next expose piece should be trying to find out how Ashley Young not only plays for Man United but how he's captain! 

There is no logical answer to that. None. Hes hopeless at this level.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:22pm
Image result for stop stop hes already dead gif
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:35pm
It’s 3 - 0, get a grip of yourself ffs LOL
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 9:59pm
Where did the head bandage Phil Jones had on go in the second half?, sun in his eyes the firstLOL
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:02pm
This type of defeat was coming, they've been playing fairly poorly lately and got away with it against Watford and West Ham.

I'll gladly see this bookmarked as I think Ole will soon be caught out (within the next 12 months) and be proven to be out his depth at Man United.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:11pm
It's not just Solksjaer though. When will people realise that United in terms of a squad are light years off this level of football. I thought myself they'd keep this tie tighter and probably go out in a hard fought game. Last week though, they did not muster a single shot on target in a CL home QF tie. That is beyond pathetic.

There are so many players there that need moving on still. A few on the edges of the squad will go and that will help. If United moved on Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez this summer and brought in some serious players instead, United would quickly turn around a trundling, sinking ship. It would take massive foresight from the United board and Woodward to make such decisions though and it's highly doubtful it will happen.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

This type of defeat was coming, they've been playing fairly poorly lately and got away with it against Watford and West Ham.

I'll gladly see this bookmarked as I think Ole will soon be caught out (within the next 12 months) and be proven to be out his depth at Man United.

I actually thought they played much better tonight than they had v Watford and West Ham. Individual errors killed the game off early doors but before that they looked ok. You can clearly see their defence is a mess though. Not one ounce of a solid leader back there, which will cost them massively until it’s sorted out.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

It's not just Solksjaer though. When will people realise that United in terms of a squad are light years off this level of football. I thought myself they'd keep this tie tighter and probably go out in a hard fought game. Last week though, they did not muster a single shot on target in a CL home QF tie. That is beyond pathetic.

There are so many players there that need moving on still. A few on the edges of the squad will go and that will help. If United moved on Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez this summer and brought in some serious players instead, United would quickly turn around a trundling, sinking ship. It would take massive foresight from the United board and Woodward to make such decisions though and it's highly doubtful it will happen.
When you stop telling them!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:33pm
When they finally realise it, I'll stop telling them LOL

Edited by Hans Moleman - 16 Apr 2019 at 10:34pm
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:37pm
I don’t think anyone is suggesting United’s squad is packed full of quality or anything?

There’s not too many on here who talk up United as anything near a top side either.

I merely spoke about Ole and I think he’ll fail miserably long term.

Edited by Green Devil - 16 Apr 2019 at 10:38pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:43pm
Ya but it's hard to blame Ole if it all goes south in the next 12 months or so for him. What is there at the club, is rotten to the core. Unless he's allowed to clear a huge amount out, he doesn't stand a chance. 

Btw, there are plenty in the media and on forums like this that constantly talk up United as a team and there players individually. 

Edited by Hans Moleman - 16 Apr 2019 at 10:45pm
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

3-0 tonight for Barca with a United having around 24% possession

11% off on the possession stat Embarrassed
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 10:50pm
How much have they spent in the last five years again ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

How much have they spent in the last five years again ?

Not as much as they've earned, which is around a profit of 260m and there in lies the problem, no longer a football club, they're a business, football comes second.
AonSceal19 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AonSceal19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 12:35am
That 1st Messi goal was World Class but it’s completely preventable if Young makes a basic pass. I’ve praised Solskjaer a lot on here for his tactical awareness. Especially in the first few months when he was playing 4-3-3 with Rashford, Martial and Lingard up front. Manchester United were brilliant in attack when he used that and since the injuries against PSG haven’t really looked as impressive in attack since. We still got good results but more grinded then out. Solskjaer returned to the 4-3-3 tonight and even looked their most impressive in an attacking sense since the Chelsea FA Cup game but playing Lindelof at right back to accommodate Jones and Smalling at Central defence was baffling. All defensive errors were punished and Manchester United made a lot of them.

He’s trying With regards to Solskjaer I believe this is a long term appointment and he will be backed. Van Gaal and Mourinho were short term fixes that unless you won a league title in the first two seasons it was doomed. All galactico type signings with no plan to create an identity. I don’t think you’ll be seeing any Gareth Bale type signings under Solskjaer. More like Jaden Sancho and Wan Bissaka. Getting rid of players that doesn’t suit his style of play and promoting the young players like Greenwood and Angel Gomes. Next season is about getting rid of players and bedding in the new players. Top 4 is the realistic aim. By the 2nd you would hope Manchester United would have an identity and style of play. The 3rd season is when Solskjaer will be expected to win the league. I do think the fans will be more patient and everyone is aware of the huge rebuilding job.
“Randolph sends it long…and Shane Long is in behind the German defence… Shane Long against Neuer…. 1-0!.. What a moment!”
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 12:55am
In general, that is what United and Solskjaer should be doing in the summer. If Solskjaer wanted to move Pogba on for say 100 million and buy a couple of real quality players for that cash, but these players had a far lower commercial and social media profile, do you think Solskjaer will be allowed to make such a move?

I just don't see anything like the above happening. Pogba is just an example btw. An example that United are putting commercial thoughts way before football thoughts when it comes to signings. Until that changes Solkjaer and United are going nowhere fast.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14671468146914701471 1770>
  Share Topic