Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14651466146714681469 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 4:07am
United should have 2 absolute bankers in their final 2 PL games. Everton, Chelsea and City. 5 or 6 points from those 3 games including beating Chelsea in one and they'll have a proper squeak at it. 

They look like an absolutely abysmal side again though. Very close to the woeful standard set just 6 months ago.

Massive summer ahead for United either way. Maybe if they miss out on the CL again, they will finally reflect and see that the club is being run into the ground in a sporting sense (obviously not like that in a financial sense), and make massive changes in how they go about building their teams in the near future.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:56am
Don't think they had much choice in the matter but Solksjaer was/is not the right man for the job
Came in at the right time and was a breath of fresh air from Mourinho
Got some good/great results but think that will be the highlight of his tenure there

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:34am
It's way, way too early to say either way. Since Ole came in, Klopp has 40 points, Pep has 39, Ole has 38. the rest including Poch, Wenger (edit: whoopsEmbarrassed), Emery, Sarri all fall below that number. This is from a starting position of Pep and Klopp continuing to manage two well-oiled machines, and Ole inheriting the sh*tshow that was in place when Mourinho got sacked. 

Obviously the season did not begin when Ole took over United and so they are still in doubt for the Champions League spots, going through a bad run of form and playing badly to boot. Still, it's far too early to say whether the first run of good results, the second run of bad results, or anywhere in between will be representative of Ole's tenure. I believe the managers of the 2 runaway clubs at the top of the PL didn't exactly set the league alight in their first season either. To judge him for a run of bad form now given what he was parachuted into is very harsh IMO

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 15 Apr 2019 at 11:00am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:42am
Did you really say Wenger? LOL 
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by jamie2905 jamie2905 wrote:

Did you really say Wenger? LOL 

It's early of a Monday morning I hadnt had my coffee
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:36am
No worries, I think the CL spots all depend on the game tonight. 

If Arsenal win, it's all but over for Chelsea and United, with Chelsea playing a game more than Arsenal and having to go to Old Trafford, and United looking poor recently and having to go to Goodison as well as playing Chelsea as mentioned and City as well.

However, Ole has done very well with what he has got, but only time will tell
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

It's way, way too early to say either way. Since Ole came in, Klopp has 40 points, Pep has 39, Ole has 38. the rest including Poch, Wenger (edit: whoopsEmbarrassed), Emery, Sarri all fall below that number. This is from a starting position of Pep and Klopp continuing to manage two well-oiled machines, and Ole inheriting the sh*tshow that was in place when Mourinho got sacked. 

Obviously the season did not begin when Ole took over United and so they are still in doubt for the Champions League spots, going through a bad run of form and playing badly to boot. Still, it's far too early to say whether the first run of good results, the second run of bad results, or anywhere in between will be representative of Ole's tenure. I believe the managers of the 2 runaway clubs at the top of the PL didn't exactly set the league alight in their first season either. To judge him for a run of bad form now given what he was parachuted into is very harsh IMO

Stop talking sense.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:42pm

No worries, I think the CL spots all depend on the game tonight. 

If Arsenal win, it's all but over for Chelsea and United, with Chelsea playing a game more than Arsenal and having to go to Old Trafford, and United looking poor recently and having to go to Goodison as well as playing Chelsea as mentioned and City as well.

However, Ole has done very well with what he has got, but only time will tell

Not sure about that. The winner of the United v Chelsea game will still be in it. Arsenal have been diabolical away from home all season and they have to go to three teams, Wolves, Watford and Leicester, who all still have a European place to play for; that said, by game 38, Burnley should be safe.

United have three tough games and two easy ones, assuming Cardiff are down before the last day. If they can get three points from the two games against Everton and City, and another three against Chelsea, plus six against Huddersfield and Cardiff, that's United up to 76, and definitely above Chelsea.

With Spurs also having to play City, I wouldn't count on both them and Arsenal getting to 77.
jamie2905 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamie2905 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 1:22pm
Yep, that's why I said if Arsenal win tonight. They are in 4th in this scenario and with a game in hand on Chelsea.

United look very very poor and two decisions went their way in the game against West Ham that they should have lost. I see City winning (even though Derby games are very hard to call).

Personally, I see United Chelsea being a draw. Arsenal do have what would be considered tough away games, but tonight is by far the toughest. Watford haven't lost at home since against Chelsea on Boxing day. That said, they have lost every game against the top 6 except Tottenham. If Arsenal win, I think they are very likely to get top 4.

I don't know what makes you think that 77 points is required.

Edited by jamie2905 - 15 Apr 2019 at 1:25pm
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:25pm
lukaku out dembele ex celtic in would be serious business if it happens 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:45pm
Dembele a good striker that excelled in Scotland
Good enough for United? Not in my eyes.
That German fella Werner could be a good shout
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

also excelled in the champions league v city, then again epl snobbery

robertson at lb with the bin dippers didnt excel in scotland and is ahead of a lot of the epl right now 

dembele is 22 and developing alot more euro experience than martial when he arrived 
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:23pm

Yep, that's why I said if Arsenal win tonight. They are in 4th in this scenario and with a game in hand on Chelsea.

United look very very poor and two decisions went their way in the game against West Ham that they should have lost. I see City winning (even though Derby games are very hard to call).

Personally, I see United Chelsea being a draw. Arsenal do have what would be considered tough away games, but tonight is by far the toughest. Watford haven't lost at home since against Chelsea on Boxing day. That said, they have lost every game against the top 6 except Tottenham. If Arsenal win, I think they are very likely to get top 4.

Dead
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

lukaku out dembele ex celtic in would be serious business if it happens 

LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Dead

He’s right. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:09pm

robertson at lb with the bin dippers didnt excel in scotland and is ahead of a lot of the epl right now 

dembele is 22 and developing alot more euro experience than martial when he arrived 

Don't remember him playing in the Champions League.
And as a passing Celtic fan would be far from an EPL Snob
However Hoop Coloured Glasses definitely being applied here!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:26pm

Don't remember him playing in the Champions League.
And as a passing Celtic fan would be far from an EPL Snob
However Hoop Coloured Glasses definitely being applied here!

3-3 game v city at celtic park scored a pair

on the brink of france senior squad 

a lot worse out there right now 
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:48pm

Robertson didn't excel in Scotland ?

Bit of an odd thing to say when his fellow professionals voted him Young Player of the Year in 2014 and he made that seasons Team of the Year.

Could have been a Celtic player of course had I think it was either Stevie Frail or John Park not said "yir too wee son, you'll never make it."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14651466146714681469 1770>
  Share Topic