You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13581359136013611362 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He will go down in history as one of the best.
He isn't currently anywhere near that and I don't think he'll ever get back to being among the best managers in the world though. Past his sell by date, lost his spark. Football has moved on and his methods aren't effective any longer.

Has football moved on that much ,styles come and go.He won a title only 3 years ago

Hard know what he will do next but not looking like he will not be winning any more major titles ,certainly not with United.

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 3:57pm
His style is effective up to a point.

That Chelsea side 3 years ago actually played some pretty good stuff I seem to remember, with Hazard, Fabregas, Costa and Schurrle
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 5:36pm
Our very own Trap won titles in Italy, Germany, Portugal and Austria.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Our very own Trap won titles in Italy, Germany, Portugal and Austria.
Sven won a few in different countries too.

Maureen is drowning.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 4:32pm
30 mins in and United are looking very good so far
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He will go down in history as one of the best.
He isn't currently anywhere near that and I don't think he'll ever get back to being among the best managers in the world though. Past his sell by date, lost his spark. Football has moved on and his methods aren't effective any longer.

Has football moved on that much ,styles come and go.He won a title only 3 years ago

Hard know what he will do next but not looking like he will not be winning any more major titles ,certainly not with United.

Yeah think his style of play is no longer effective enough to win titles. Certainly his man management. He seems more keen on attacking his own players than he did at Chelsea 2004-2006 Tactics are all about being more innovative than the rest. Then the rest catch onto your game plan and counteract it better. You have to change to stay ahead of the posse.  Someone will come up with a way to topple Guardioala's style at some point.  I think Guardiola is smart enough to change his own tactics himself if he sees that occurring.

I think if you are a player and under the miserable grind of being under Mourinho you look at Guardiola or Klopp and the players look like they are loving their football playing exciting attacking and effective football and they probably think to themselves ''f**k this sh*t''
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 4:51pm
Brilliant open 45mins. They have absolutely bossed the game and could easily be 4 up. Fellaini has been brilliant screening the centre backs
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 5:30pm
Terrible peno from Pogba. Just lazy really.

Silly by Rashford - red card. 

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:20pm
Look forward to motd2 later.

Funny how the narrative will change again, with spurs losing. If the lads are performing for Jose, he hardly has lost the dressing room. He does seem to have successfully put a wedge between the fans and Woodward with fans singing his name and antinwoodward banners. This makes his job a bit more secure. He will have to keep the results coming though.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:32pm

Missed the second half and just saw the red card incident now. They both go head to head so why is it only a red for Rashford?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Missed the second half and just saw the red card incident now. They both go head to head so why is it only a red for Rashford?

I didn't see the incident but it's a stupid rule.

Unless you burst a lad open with a header, it shouldn't be a red card.

A little flick head to head is harmless to see players getting sent out for.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:38pm
Here you go https://www.clippituser.tv/c/nbldnk

Same as the Richarlison one a few weeks ago
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 8:40pm
correct decision 

Hopefully Mourinho continues his inconsistent form but stays in the top 4 reckoning to keep his job 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:01pm
FFS a red for that Dead

Rules are rules I know.

The same modern day rules that mean you can get booked for taking your jersey off for 5 seconds of celebrating mind...........
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I didn't see the incident but it's a stupid rule.

Unless you burst a lad open with a header, it shouldn't be a red card.

A little flick head to head is harmless to see players getting sent out for.

20 years ago it wouldn’t even be a yellow.
Richarlison was sent off last week for something similar.
3 games ban for that is very harsh but that’s the rules now.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:19pm
A yellow card would be more than fair in both incidents from my point of view (granted I don't make the rules) 

If there is real intent to hurt someone then by all means send them off.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:22pm
Nothing beats Duncan’s headbutt 

No.11 runs over to square up to Duncan, realises he’s much bigger and turns away LOL

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 9:58pm
Didn’t think that was a red myself
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13581359136013611362 1770>
  Share Topic