You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13381339134013411342 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I think United are under huge pressure to win tonight which I've never seen before in relation to the first game of the season. 

Irrespective of not getting all targets, the negative atmosphere, poor performances and results seem to be spilling over from last season. I hope I'm wrong and Andy Mitten is right from looking at United on the outside, it doesn't look like a happy camp due to the moodiness of Mourinho. I think the players are largely getting on with it, Martial aside.

He constantly looking for something to blame, before his new excuse of missing out on players, it was the world cup's fault for him having a depleted pre-season squad, before that the players weren't following his instructions on the pitch, before that...... etc etc 

I think there's a very good chance of a draw tonight. United probably by a goal. 

I thought the two teams had to have an equal number of goals for it to be a draw?

There's a full stop there smartarse before I went on to give my prediction of United by a goal. Back in your box Wink

So you've picked a United win with the draw also very likely. Would you care to throw in a possible Leicester victory to complete the set there Mystic Muff? 
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

25/9/2018
What can I say Mourinho has played Klopp brilliantly, what a start 19 points from our first 8 games.

This United team have the best defence in the league, Jones and Smalling are like a reincarnation of Baresi and Maldini, I knew they would silence their critics. Who's laughing now Green Devil, McKay, Baggio etc.

30/10/2018

Wow, losing 4 games in a row in the league hasn't surprised me in the slightest as I knew from the moment we failed to sign a top top centre halve or even two that Jones and Smalling simply aren't of the standard required, I've been saying this for years. 
LOLLOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:13pm
Like Spurs, a raft of signings is not necessarily what Manchester United need. I read an article about MUFC lacking identity, and going on another spending spree would only exacerbate that.

While I feel their defence needs some work, the keeper, the midfield and the attacking options are very good. There should be no problem getting a balance right. Competent coaching of the backline, which has bags of experience should also be sufficient to make them hard to break down.

Again, if MUFC has wanted Yerry Mina, I suspect they would have trumped Everton, but clearly they decided against it. Also, for MUFC, proper upgrades will require massive expenditure, which are the product of World Cup inflation. With the exception of Allison at Liverpool, most clubs have veered from
That, and Jose might be able to utilise his existing squad to the best extent of their talents?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 2:26pm

I think United are under huge pressure to win tonight which I've never seen before in relation to the first game of the season. 

Irrespective of not getting all targets, the negative atmosphere, poor performances and results seem to be spilling over from last season. I hope I'm wrong and Andy Mitten is right from looking at United on the outside, it doesn't look like a happy camp due to the moodiness of Mourinho. I think the players are largely getting on with it, Martial aside.

He constantly looking for something to blame, before his new excuse of missing out on players, it was the world cup's fault for him having a depleted pre-season squad, before that the players weren't following his instructions on the pitch, before that...... etc etc 

I think there's a very good chance of a draw tonight. United probably by a goal. 

I thought the two teams had to have an equal number of goals for it to be a draw?

There's a full stop there smartarse before I went on to give my prediction of United by a goal. Back in your box Wink

So you've picked a United win with the draw also very likely. Would you care to throw in a possible Leicester victory to complete the set there Mystic Muff? 
LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 3:07pm
Darmian not in the squad for tonight's game.Seems odd considering he played a lot of preseason and Valencia still injured.
He must be leaving soon.

Decent squad named but be interesting to see who starts.Good few only back training a few days .
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 3:16pm
I'm expecting a lot of Sanchez this season.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The keeper, midfield and attack are looking good. If Fred does what they all said, "free up Pogba" (even though they bought Matic to "free him up") then he'll be a good addition.

I don't think centre half is that bad, you'd get by with Bailly and one of Lindelof/Smalling or Jones in most games.
Valencia or Young aren't getting any younger and full back is weak area of the team IMO.

Player for player United still have a good squad. The big question will be if they play for Mourinho or down tools once he throws them under the bus after a bad result.
Agree. A very strong squad ,Mourinho in his prime would go close to winning the title. But I don’t see the players pulling in behind him. He’s 10 times horribler than he was when he first came to the PL. A nasty little bollox. Expecting a turgid match tonight. I see it’s on Sky Wan
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 3:31pm

I didn't say a draw was very likely only that there was a very good chance of it and not in conjuntion with a United win obviously. I still think the most likely result is a narrow United win hence my prediction. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 3:40pm
Leicester and Arsenal double must be decent odds
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

How many Sanchez's exactly are you expecting ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

29/1 but don't waste your money .
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 3:56pm

Considering he is on £400k per week he should be delivering a lot more.
I assume he is the highest paid player in the Premiership.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:01pm
They're decent odds in fairness but I don't expect City to be caught cold like that unless it was Anfield they were playing in. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

How many Sanchez's exactly are you expecting ?

+20 for the season
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Probably because they're both going to lose.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The keeper, midfield and attack are looking good. If Fred does what they all said, "free up Pogba" (even though they bought Matic to "free him up") then he'll be a good addition.

I don't think centre half is that bad, you'd get by with Bailly and one of Lindelof/Smalling or Jones in most games.
Valencia or Young aren't getting any younger and full back is weak area of the team IMO.

Player for player United still have a good squad. The big question will be if they play for Mourinho or down tools once he throws them under the bus after a bad result.

Of the top 6 sides in the PL, United probably have the 4th best regular starting 11. They are now miles behind City and Liverpool. Spurs also are a better starting 11. If Chelsea click, they have the potential to have a very strong starting 11. United are in a scrap for top 4, just as they were for the majority of last season.

Their full backs are awful, the CBs are a mix and match every 2nd week. Pogba has been average in midfield (that is being massively kind), is Herrera likely to start a lot? He probably will, and he's nowhere near the level required. 

On the attacking side, Lukaku (who is a grand player but is just never going to be a CL top level striker) wouldn't get near a starting 11 with City, Liverpool or Spurs at the moment. It wouldn't even be a conversation. Sanchez was a brilliant player, and potentially could be a massive player for United if played more centrally. He won't be though, he'll spend most of his season chunking balls into the back stick to the big lad.

I really don't know where the notion of how strong a team United have comes from.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:01pm
Darmian starts & Pogba Captain 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:08pm

Starting lineup for tonight

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13381339134013411342 1770>
  Share Topic