You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13361337133813391340 1771>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 6:28pm
Shambles of a window. Ed Woodward reluctance to bring anybody in has killed uniteds season before its even started. The last week in particular has been embarrassing.

The reluctance more or less tells me that Jose will be gone in the not so distant future..
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 6:45pm
It's hardly a shambles ffs LOL

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:28pm
You obviously missed last season so
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Shambles of a window. Ed Woodward reluctance to bring anybody in has killed uniteds season before its even started. The last week in particular has been embarrassing.

The reluctance more or less tells me that Jose will be gone in the not so distant future..

You should be happy he wouldn't pay over 60m for maguire!!

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

You should be happy he wouldn't pay over 60m for maguire!!
That I am happy with to be honest. 

Disgusted that Fosu Mensahs been put out on loan. Valencia has returned for pre season unfit and injured, Dalot is injured and Darmian is trying to force a move back to Italy so to me it makes zero sense to let him go. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 10:26pm
Bad and all as the chuckle brothers Jones and Smalling are at central defence, I think the full back areas are where Utd’s squad is weakest 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Bad and all as the chuckle brothers Jones and Smalling are at central defence, I think the full back areas are where Utd’s squad is weakest 

Isn't Valencia one of, if not the best RB in the world though? Isn't that what Jose said and plenty of other parroted only last season?

Lads can go on all they want about Ed Woodward not supporting the manager in this window. For Mourinho to be starting this season with that selection at FB, in his 3rd season there is an astounding failure of management. He has had ample time to sort out such a woefully weak position in the team, and yet he has done nothing at all about it. Except for the signing of Dalot, who could well come good given time. I wouldn't be too familiar with him tbh.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Isn't Valencia one of, if not the best RB in the world though? Isn't that what Jose said and plenty of other parroted only last season?

Lads can go on all they want about Ed Woodward not supporting the manager in this window. For Mourinho to be starting this season with that selection at FB, in his 3rd season there is an astounding failure of management. He has had ample time to sort out such a woefully weak position in the team, and yet he has done nothing at all about it. Except for the signing of Dalot, who could well come good given time. I wouldn't be too familiar with him tbh.

Why would Woodward give the poison one money to spend when he buys very expensive players and then falls out with them so much so that they want to leave.  They will be at the club longer than the poison one and should be retained for the new manager.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 12:04am
The fact they were trying to get 60 million for Maguire on the back of him becoming some kind of folk hero in the midst of the it's coming home charade is laughable.
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:26am
The club appear to have cut their losses on Mourinho, Woodward refusing to sell Martial or Shaw and refusing to buy Maguire or Alderweireld. The club are thinking strategically for the long term while Mourinho is thinking short term. 

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:27am

SirAlex said they would become the greatest ever CB partnership in Man U’s history.
And he knows his ball, he uses the left side of his brain.

So you are wrong RB.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:32am
DDG

Darmian Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Fred Pereira McTominay

Mata Rashford

Sanchez

That's how I think they'll line up tonight.

Edited by bhob - 10 Aug 2018 at 8:38am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:33am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:39am
Its a big game tonight for United. I expect a win by a couple of goals, but don't expect it to be swashbuckling football.
If its a dour performance were they are struggling to score, or aren't winning, I could see the fans turning on Mourinho
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:40am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

DDG

Darmian Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Fred Pereira McTominay

Mata Rashford

Sanchez

That's how I think they'll line up tonight.

Are you the Scout Bhob???

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 10 Aug 2018 at 8:41am

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:47am
Nope ZZ, just easy to pick by who's available.

Had a Liverpool mate tell me last night United are so sh*t that they won't score 3 goals in any game this season LOL
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:49am
Woodward thinks he is the director of football. That's the problem.

He thinks he knows more about players abilities than the multiple league and champions league manager at the helm.

It's absurd, John Delaney type stuff.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

The club appear to have cut their losses on Mourinho, Woodward refusing to sell Martial or Shaw and refusing to buy Maguire or Alderweireld. The club are thinking strategically for the long term while Mourinho is thinking short term. 

Couldn’t agree more. And while I’d kind of agree with the United board that Martial, Shaw etc have too much potential to sell & that Maguire is wildly overrated, just sack Mourinho and move on. They seem content to write off this season effectively for the long term good of United. Although I don’t think anyone fully trusts the Glazers & Woodward in that respect. 
All a bit bizarre really for a club of its size 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13361337133813391340 1771>
  Share Topic