Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12891290129112921293 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

How many years is that in a row now we’ve heard that 5 or 6 wil go this summer?
What’s the odds Smalling and Jones are still there next season

Jose has gotten rid of a good few players so far and another 5 this summer is realistic imo.I think he has moved on 11 or 12 first team squad members since he joined.
Carrick, Zlatan, Fellaini, Shaw, Darmian and Blind could/will leave for various reasons.

I'd expect both Smalling and Jones to still be United players next season unless a CB is signed.If one is signed then it makes sense to move someone on.6 senior CBs at the club isn't really needed.

In the summer i think Shaw, Darmian, Fellaini and either Smalling or Jones could be moved on. There's also a chance Pogba might be moved on if you ask me. His relationship with Jose seems to have soured. Either that or Jose won't trust him until he signs another Matic type player to play him in a midfield 3. United will also lose Carrick and Zlatan.

I expect them to sign a LB, CM and a CF. They have TFM coming back so i think he'll be used as a RB and Pereira will be an option in midfield. They desperately need a right sided attacking player to provide some balance going forward, Rashford, Sanchez and Martial all like to play from the left, only Mata that can play on the right.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:08pm
Some media outlets going with the story today that United players are shocked the bullying of Luke Shaw by Mourinho.

Others saying he'll be backed in the transfer market this summer with as many as 10 new players coming in.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:31pm

Some media outlets going with the story today that United players are shocked the bullying of Luke Shaw by Mourinho.

Others saying he'll be backed in the transfer market this summer with as many as 10 new players coming in.

10 players coming in, no chance

More chance of ten leaving.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:41pm
I read it wrong, its 10 players going out LOL
Was in the Express though so probably meaningless.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:49pm

I think 6 will leave and I wouldn't be surprised if decent bids came in for other players that they might be moved on. Lads like Mata, Herrera, Smalling a good offer comes in they could be sold off. All depends on what funds the board are willing to back Jose with.
Plenty of deadwood still there and a few positions need strengthing badly. I think 6 is realistic and not a big issue when you look at the names, mostly lads who aren't involved f**k all as it is.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:51pm

I think 6 will leave and I wouldn't be surprised if decent bids came in for other players that they might be moved on. Lads like Mata, Herrera, Smalling a good offer comes in they could be sold off. All depends on what funds the board are willing to back Jose with.
Plenty of deadwood still there and a few positions need strengthing badly. I think 6 is realistic and not a big issue when you look at the names, mostly lads who aren't involved f**k all as it is.

If Carrick and Zlatan are included then 6 seems reasonable.
You’d think Shaw and Darmian are also gone.

Would Man U really miss Blind/Fellaini/Smalling etc

Valencia and Young have been great this season but they are both 33 this year. They will need replacing soon.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Valencia and Young have been great this season but they are both 33 this year. They will need replacing soon.

Carrick
Zlat
Blind
Darmian
Shaw
Fellaini
They probably will all move this summer for various reasons. Fellaini would be the only real loss, a good squad player but seems like he wants a move.

Valencia and Young haven't been great this season imo, it's time to be looking at a new RB and LB is a priority this summer. Young and Valencia are fine squad players but shouldn't be regulars for a team looking to win the league.

Edited by rossieman - 19 Mar 2018 at 6:00pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:36pm

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Carrick
Zlat
Blind
Darmian
Shaw
Fellaini
They probably will all move this summer for various reasons. Fellaini would be the only real loss, a good squad player but seems like he wants a move.

Valencia and Young haven't been great this season imo, it's time to be looking at a new RB and LB is a priority this summer. Young and Valencia are fine squad players but shouldn't be regulars for a team looking to win the league.

Actually think Young's been fine, not the greatest wing back you'll see in the world but does a good enough job to quieten down wingers like he did with Salah.
Do agree with your point about the fact he's not title challenging standard however.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:39pm
Can't see United getting rid of both Smalling and Jones so which one would you be happy to get rid of?
Smalling is probably more reliable in terms of injuries.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:52am
Is it true that Utd supporters tried to petition the government?? to change the venue of the FA cup semi final because it's currently Spurs home ground and they would have an unfair advantage or is it a wind up?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Is it true that Utd supporters tried to petition the government?? to change the venue of the FA cup semi final because it's currently Spurs home ground and they would have an unfair advantage or is it a wind up?

Where did you read that
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:54am
LOL
can't anyone create a petition though?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:12pm

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Where did you read that

Waterford Whispers by the sounds of it.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

LOL
can't anyone create a petition though?
Mate of mine tried to start a 'partition' once LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:28pm
When you see the list of the names of players that need to be moved on, and then there was all the ones from last summer, and all the ones from when Mourinhio came along, coinmg into season three it should be tweaking the squad not overhauling it. 

If you spend 100million on Pogba, and he is sh*te, is it cheaper to sell him at a loss and make the club look foolish? Or sack the manager and get one that can get the best out of Pogba?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:32pm
Pogba will be at the club longer than Mourinho.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Pogba will be at the club longer than Mourinho.

Agreed and I doubt they would lose money on him even if they decided to sell. Transfer market has gone completely nuts since his move,be very surprised if they didn't recoup the fee.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 2:26pm
That's true Rossie, he'd go for 60-80m if not more.

But I can't see him improving anytime soon as long as Mourinhio is there, he'll be an expensive sub next season.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12891290129112921293 1770>
  Share Topic