Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12781279128012811282 1771>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:49pm
If Salah had of went down it would have looked like a dive, but I agree in that if you stay in your feet you'll get nothing.

The Valencia handball incident, some are given and some are not. Joe Allen away to West Ham is a good example of one that is given. Albeit they are soft decisions.

Didn't see the Fellani foul.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:49pm

United have beaten Chelsea, Liverpool and come from 2 down to win at Palace in injury time. That's a great couple of weeks
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

United have beaten Chelsea, Liverpool and come from 2 down to win at Palace in injury time. That's a great couple of weeks

Results wise yes, but it's the manner of performances, which are basically unacceptable.

If I were a United fan, I'd stop watching them.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

If Salah had of went down it would have looked like a dive, but I agree in that if you stay in your feet you'll get nothing.

The Valencia handball incident, some are given and some are not. Joe Allen away to West Ham is a good example of one that is given. Albeit they are soft decisions.

Didn't see the Fellani foul.
When you see it again, you'll see what I mean. The ball is 2 yards from Fellaini. He's not even looking at the ball. He cuts across Mane who is about to go past him, and clips his heel. Have no idea how the ref missed that. It's gotten to the stage where words can't describe how bad the standard of refereeing is.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:54pm

Results wise yes, but it's the manner of performances, which are basically unacceptable.

Scored more goals against the best attacking team in history, not bad going eh
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:54pm
That was some tripe, a very hard watch especially after been in oriel last night.

When was the last good game between these two?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:54pm
Bar the calamity own goal all 4 United defenders played great, can't remember a time when De Gea was properly tested so certainly thought United deserved the victory of course they are going to sit back and defend a lead it would have been poor management had Mourinho not done that! The drag back by Rashford for his first goal was a thing of beauty and what a finish

Edited by BrendanD88 - 10 Mar 2018 at 2:55pm
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:55pm
Delighted with that win, United took their chances and nullified Pool's lethal attack brilliantly.

Really good professional performance overall, interesting to see if they'll be applauded for the result considering the plaudits Juve got for their win during the week.

The unfortunate OG and getting dispossessed easily in the first half aside I thought Bailly had a great game.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Scored more goals against the best attacking team in history, not bad going eh

Come again chief?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Delighted with that win, United took their chances and nullified Pool's lethal attack brilliantly.

Really good professional performance overall, interesting to see if they'll be applauded for the result considering the plaudits Juve got for their win during the week.

The unfortunate OG and getting dispossessed easily in the first half aside I thought Bailly had a great game.

Bailly is a superstar in the making we just need to keep him fit.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:56pm

A team going nowhere under this manager. The standard of performance is atrocious. Will be interesting to hear the majority of United fans take on the manager and players come the seasons end.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

That was some tripe, a very hard watch especially after been in oriel last night.

True. I maintain United are awful. The proof was out there in that game how bad they actually are. I would have had hopes for Liverpool to kick on. A performance as bad as that shows how far off they are though.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

True. I maintain United are awful. The proof was out there in that game how bad they actually are. I would have had hopes for Liverpool to kick on. A performance as bad as that shows how far off they are though.

How bad are Liverpool Hans? Only looked dangerous from set plays.

I was a lot more confident when I seen Oxlade Chamberlain and Milner lining up in midfield.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:06pm

True. I maintain United are awful. The proof was out there in that game how bad they actually are.

You really are the biggest spoofer on this forum. You heaped praise on Juve during the week yet United are awful!

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

How bad are Liverpool Hans? Only looked dangerous from set plays.

I was a lot more confident when I seen Oxlade Chamberlain and Milner lining up in midfield.
I wouldn't disagree, Liverpool were appalling. When you have as glaringly bad a weak link as Lovren in your team, it's hard to say anything positive about them or Klopp on that 90 mins. Mourinho will be made out to be a genius for targeting long balls onto Lukaku up against Lovren, but an under 10s manager would target him. He's that glaringly awful. It can't be underestimate d how big a mistake it is by Klopp to persist with him. As for the midfield, huge mistake Henderson not playing. He should have been rested midweek for this game.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

True. I maintain United are awful. The proof was out there in that game how bad they actually are.

You really are the biggest spoofer on this forum. You heaped praise on Juve during the week yet United are awful!

Plenty of lads on here, like yourself call me a spoofer. Yet at the same time the amount of times I've heard United performances compared to Juve or Atletico in terms of style and tactics over the past 2 seasons is comical. Anyone comparing United, and De Gea making countless saves in the majority of games (today and Liverpool being awful aside) to teams like Juve and Atletico need their heads examined. A defensive side doesn't give up what United give up, generally chance after chance. United are a mish mash of styles, nobody really knows what they're at on the pitch tactically. It's why they are going nowhere fast.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:14pm
Some amount of cringy bollox in here
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 3:18pm
Jose got it spot on, keep the Pool front 3 quiet and that's half the battle. The front 3 did nothing today and DDG had no real save to make.

United looked to attack Pools weakness and that worked for both goals.Lovren and Arnold badly at fault and Pool didn't seem to have the cop to get anyone in front of Lukaku to help Lovren out or even make VVD to pick him up more.

It wasn't pretty but there is more than 1 way to win a football match. Why would United let Pool play the game the way they wanted?

A big problem for Klopp is he never seems to have a plan B, if its not working nothing changes just rinse and repeat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12781279128012811282 1771>
  Share Topic