You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12241225122612271228 1770>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 6:43pm
Excellent promo video to announce him
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:19pm
Just because I know people on the forum love a stat. Sanchez gives the ball away on average 21 times a game. Courtesy of today's Indo.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Mourinho does understand the football fans mentality of reveling in the whole "no one likes us" concept. He makes inflammatory and provocative remarks often with absolutely no substance behind them, most right thinking people complain that he is a total penis and supporters of his own team think it's great that he is winding up their rivals. 

I think a lot of United fans are sick of him tbh. I've been pretty consistent on him. As much as his behaviour has improved from when he was at Madrid/Chelsea, he's still a 'look at me' merchant and I'm sick to death of his moaning and play acting (I founed Fergie's 'psychological warfare' tedious and off-putting too tbh) Every club he's been at has had huge resources so that certainly helps when you look at all his past successes so he has nothing to complain about when he's at corporate beast and global name like United. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Excellent promo video to announce him

Have to admit, I loved all that gimicky sh*te EmbarrassedLOL

Anyway the main event of this week is on Wednesday morning in Switzerland. Big smile
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Pogba needs to improve his work off the ball
He’s been good tonight and I haven’t seen him give the ball away much if at all
I think united will get 2nd this season. They’ve been there all season and will remain. It’s hardly much to shout about though, in recent years when city have finished second its been hard to get excited about or treat as much of an achievement

If United or any other side finish with a blistering run that puts any bit of pressure on City, they can be some bit satisfied with the season. I don't think United are anywhere near capable of putting such a run together though. I don't see them holding their gap on both Liverpool and Chelsea, they'll do very well to stay above even one of those. They are still in a battle for top 4 Imo. It's funny to hear people talk about progress when they could well finish 4th or 5th in the league yet. A league at the start of this season and last that a huge amount of pundits and fans have had them down to win. United points tally, and that of all the top 5 in the PL (it's effectively a 5 team league now), is as much to do with the consistent worsening of the bottom 10-12 teams in the PL as anything else. The gap between the haves and have nots has never been bigger.

United nailed on for second place
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2018 at 11:00pm

I think united will get 2nd this season. They’ve been there all season and will remain. It’s hardly much to shout about though, in recent years when city have finished second its been hard to get excited about or treat as much of an achievement

If United or any other side finish with a blistering run that puts any bit of pressure on City, they can be some bit satisfied with the season. I don't think United are anywhere near capable of putting such a run together though. I don't see them holding their gap on both Liverpool and Chelsea, they'll do very well to stay above even one of those. They are still in a battle for top 4 Imo. It's funny to hear people talk about progress when they could well finish 4th or 5th in the league yet. A league at the start of this season and last that a huge amount of pundits and fans have had them down to win. United points tally, and that of all the top 5 in the PL (it's effectively a 5 team league now), is as much to do with the consistent worsening of the bottom 10-12 teams in the PL as anything else. The gap between the haves and have nots has never been bigger.

It's all well and good saying theres a massive chasm between the haves and the have nots, and the bottom teams are worse than ever before, and that United were in a false position from playing easy games against the bottom teams at the start. United are second at the minute because they have dropped the least points against these teams apart from City. If it were that simple then Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal wouldn't have dropped more points against them. 
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 12:15am

I don't for a minute think they are nailed on for 2nd place. Not sure how anyone can. Usually I'd be certain of Spurs at home beating them in their next league game, their patchy form makes me think it could go either way, but the bookies have Spurs as clear favs for that game. If the bookies are correct about Spurs and Chelseas next league games, Chelsea go level with United in such a scenario. All hypothetical, but how anyone can say United are nailed on for second spot is beyond me given how the table currently stands.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:26am
They’ve been second all season, are more solid and consistent than the teams below them, and have Sancnez to welcome into the team
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 7:34am

They’ve been second all season, are more solid and consistent than the teams below them, and have Sancnez to welcome into the team

They will come 2nd.
They have only had 2/3 shock results but overall have been solid.

Chelsea/Liverpool/Spurs are inconsistent.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:08am

Chelsea were second only a few weeks ago.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:09am
For a week or so?
United are the second best team in the league and will get second comfortably IMO
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:22am

For a week or so?
United are the second best team in the league and will get second comfortably IMO

It's been a solid season, obviously rendered a bit underwhelming because of what City are doing. When you average over 2 points a game and are on course as it stands to get over 80 points that should put you at least in contention for the title in most seasons. That United and Chelsea are nowhere near that is testament to city's utter dominance. It hasn't been good enough to challenge this year but its hardly a crisis. Give it the best go in the champions league they can and come back again next season.

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 23 Jan 2018 at 8:23am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:37am
They'll also have one of the best players from their immediate rivals now playing for them for the last 16 games or so. 2nd is nailed on

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:42am
I think Chelsea have a pretty good chance to knock United off second. Liverpool and Arsenal aren't consistent enough.

I don't think second is in any way a foregone conclusion.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:52am
Chelsea don't convince me and have a few problems at the club at the minute I think.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:56am
Chelsea look stale this season. Capable of raising their game from time to time but not consistent enough to finish second. I think Chelsea will give Barca a tough time in the CL. Chelsea have a very good record against Barca.

United will finish second with a good few points to spare I'd say. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:09am
Obviously United could finish 2nd. Myself, I don't think they'll finish 2nd. I agree Chelsea haven't convinced in the same way as last season. Have United been convincing? If they were surely they'd be a lot further ahead of the teams behind them. Chelsea and both Liverpool and Spurs are well within touching distance of United with a lot of games to go, even after last weekends poor results for Liverpool and Spurs.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 9:10am
Chelsea as a club just seem a little tense. Can see drama before the season is out. Conte longs for Mama's bolognese.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12241225122612271228 1770>
  Share Topic