Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12211222122312241225 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I like Lukaku, he will get you 20+ goals a season.
He won’t win you the champions league but IMO is good enough for the EPL champions.
To win the EPL you need to be beating the bottom 10 teams home and away. Lukaku is perfect for those games.
Can't say I agree. Was amazed that United signed him and that Chelsea were so interested in him. His touch is awful. Besides scoring goals, which is obviously the main thing, a centre forwards next most important role is linking the play. He is woeful at that. Even on the goal scoring front, I have huge reservations about Lukaku. His stats are padded by an unbelievable amount of garbage time goals. Even the last day against Stoke, he gets the 3rd when the game is dead. He is the greatest garbage time goal scorer I've ever seen.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 20 Jan 2018 at 11:09am
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I like Lukaku, he will get you 20+ goals a season.
He won’t win you the champions league but IMO is good enough for the EPL champions.
To win the EPL you need to be beating the bottom 10 teams home and away. Lukaku is perfect for those games.
Can't say I agree. Was amazed that United signed him and that Chelsea were so interested in him. His touch is awful. Besides scoring goals, which is obviously the main thing, a centre forwards next most important role is linking the play. He is woeful at that. Even on the goal scoring front, I have huge reservations about Lukaku. His stats are padded by an unbelievable amount of garbage time goals. Even the last day against Stoke, he gets the 3rd when the game is dead. He is the greatest garbage time goal scorer I've ever seen.

United should sign Crouch, his link up play is fantastic 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 4:26pm
Well taken by Martial.
Tough auld battle this game.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 4:43pm
Why wasn't Bardsley given a second yellow for a clear dive?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 4:50pm
I think refs are probably a bit reluctant to give 2nd yellows for dives.

United are pathetically wasteful up front amd are asking for trouble. Pogba picked the wrong option a few times. United should be 2 up.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 4:58pm
I'm not a United supporter so I can be accused of bias but they have rarely impressed me over this or last season when I've watched them. They are grinding out wins though and that's not a bad habit
El Puto Amo
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 4:59pm
A lot of greedy play by the United attackers throughout the game costing United good chances to score.

Where the f**k did Mike Dean get 6 added minutes from?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm not a United supporter so I can be accused of bias but they have rarely impressed me over this or last season when I've watched them. They are grinding out wins though and that's not a bad habit

Grinding out attritional wins like the one today is your typical Mourinho set up.

United last season in the Europa League played like this.

It's not as entertaining to watch as City, Arsenal or Liverpool but it gets them results more often than not and they're second in the league.

United haven't blown anyone away since Mourinho took over but they're in better shape than the last 4 years and so they should be given their strength, quality and spending resources.

The Seville champions league tie next month will be an interesting battle. There'll be feck all goals in it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

A lot of greedy play by the United attackers throughout the game costing United good chances to score.

Where the f**k did Mike Dean get 6 added minutes from?

Agree, but they still deserved to win.

Pogba got fouled a few times and the ref let it go.

I didn't expect United to win this so for me it's one if their best wins of the season against a tough side.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:23pm
The desicion making in the final third was piss poor.Sanchez should make a big difference if he joins.
Martial took his goal well and it was excellent build up play by Lukaku. Pretty forgettable other than that.

Mike Dean once again was poor, such a crap ref.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:24pm
Final ball was poor today but job done and three points on the board.

6 mins at the end was merely Mike Dean's latest attempt to get his name in the paper.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:27pm
Phil Jones was excellent again! I've been critical of Lukaku but thought his link up play was very good today.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:27pm
Play sh*t, still win, and everyone hates united.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:28pm

United should be too strong for Sevilla Muff. Id fancy them to win without too much fuss
El Puto Amo
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:30pm

United should be too strong for Sevilla Muff. Id fancy them to win without too much fuss

Agreed. Over the 2 legs I don't see United being overly troubled.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Agreed. Over the 2 legs I don't see United being overly troubled.

They have hit a bit of form the last two games granted before that they were atrocious.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:36pm
United don't really hammer teams in European knock outs given Mouinho's cautious approach  though I expect United to win, they could be in bother if they fail to score away in Seville in the first leg. I don't see it being that easy for United as the defence is a major concern unlike past Mourinho sides.

Edited by irishmufc - 20 Jan 2018 at 5:37pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2018 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Phil Jones was excellent again! I've been critical of Lukaku but thought his link up play was very good today.

In fairness I thought Smalling played very well too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12211222122312241225 1770>
  Share Topic