Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11831184118511861187 1770>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 7:38am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Didn't see that game yesterday but that's two games in a row where Man U got pummelled. Mourinhio really struggling against the better teams in the league.

On the plus side they should easily get into the 1/4 of the Champions League, Sevilla have really gone to the dogs.

2 games in a row??
They'd won their previous 4.

Think he's counting the Arsenal match as a pummelling LOL
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 9:33am
Was at Old Trafford on Sunday, went with 2 United supporting friends, one of which was given tickets to corporate level by his boss. Went to the Matchstick Man beforehand for a few pints and then up to the exclusive club (I think it was called) at about 3. Russel Beardsmore was the special guest!
Row of City fans behind me as well, was able to cheer away. No bother from anyone

Nice day all round.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Was at Old Trafford on Sunday, went with 2 United supporting friends, one of which was given tickets to corporate level by his boss. Went to the Matchstick Man beforehand for a few pints and then up to the exclusive club (I think it was called) at about 3. Russel Beardsmore was the special guest!
Row of City fans behind me as well, was able to cheer away. No bother from anyone

Nice day all round.

That sounds like a great day out.
What did you have to eat? And was the weather good?

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:40am
In other words the Manchester derby is as soft as the Merseyside one.

Added the fact they play each other in pre-season now too. Football friends. Aww Heart
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:41am

Nice day all round.

No tailgating?Thumbs Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:42am
LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:47am
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Added the fact they play each other in pre-season now too. Football friends. Aww Heart

Alright you mad c**t.
How many deaths are there at the Tees-Wear derby usually?

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:51am

Alright you mad c**t.

LOL
You telling me a football fan can ever take you's serious ever again man. Especially when Sky had Liam Gallagher was 1 of the pundits for the day in their studio to make it extra cringy - I suppose it keeps the pompous f**k away from the recording studio 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:53am
Try Noel.

Think people will be taking City serious for a while longer.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:54am
Even worse! That f**k couldn't be arsed to sing for dead people in his own hometown he's that much of a pompous odious bellend but he can appear on Sky straight away!

Edited by coyne - 12 Dec 2017 at 10:54am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:58am

Even worse! That f**k couldn't be arsed to sing for dead people in his own hometown he's that much of a pompous odious bellend but he can appear on Sky straight away!

LOLEmbarrassed

Its nothing to do with MCFC who Sky get on as pundits I wouldn't have thought.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:04am
It's true though. Liam atleast turned up although he was touring in Germany at the time but he had his priorities right. Noel on the other hand....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:06am
For all the plaudits that De Gea has rightly had recently for his shot stopping, I thought some of his distribution was shocking on Sunday

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 11:59am
What has Sky having Noel Gallagher on got to do with Man City?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
d-mac View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d-mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by d-mac d-mac wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

To be fair to Jones, I think he is a solid player. Injury prone, and not the greatest passer in the world, but a very solid defender. Fergie did him absolutely no favours that time when he said he could go onto be one of Uniteds great players. Jones had a large part to play in giving away the goal yesterday, but if United were to move on CBs, I'd have him much further down the list than Smalling or Rojo.

When comparing Smalling and Jones, there is only one winner. Smalling is so bad it's scary. His reading of the game, positional sense, his passing from the back is some of the worst I've seen from a top level centre back. I really don't know what he's still doing at United.

Herrera was being compared to Kante last season. He is another player that they need to move on asap. He adds absolutely nothing to the side, no matter the standard of opposition.

Lukaku could score 25 league goals this season and I doubt he'll have been that good in the grand scheme of things. Obviously goals are important, but there are lots of really important things in a forwards play. You cannot be a top level centre froward when your first touch and link up play is that bad. He has an amazing knack of scoring goals in garbage time, he did the same at Everton at times. He's basically padding his stats. 

I'll give an example. I remember watching Everton play Hull last season live. Everton were one up, and Lukaku was non existent in general play. Did nothing to ease the pressure on defence by keeping the ball or making runs. They went 2 up with about 10 mins left. Game over. Lukaku scored 2 in injury time. Anyone not watching that game and just checking the scores would probably say 'another great game for Lukaku'. He was muck that day. As he is on many days. Top class forwards when not scoring should never be muck!! 

Lukaku didnt have much service yesterday to be fair to him. A non existant midfield. Pogba is badly missed.

About Herrera, I dont know if I would sell him but he was certainly running around yesterday like a headless chicken and I think when players are having a bad game they jump into tackels and risk red cards.

What about a half fit Fellanin yesterday, when Mata was dropped from the squad.

Cracks appearing already for Jose?

f**k it. Minds made up. Get rid of Herrera.
Watched him closely in games since the above and he is no where near good enough. Matic is twice the player.
Whats the point in Herrera other than to roll around like a fanny looking for free kicks?
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 12:29pm

Alright you mad c**t.

LOL
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 1:11pm

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

To be fair to Jones, I think he is a solid player. Injury prone, and not the greatest passer in the world, but a very solid defender. Fergie did him absolutely no favours that time when he said he could go onto be one of Uniteds great players. Jones had a large part to play in giving away the goal yesterday, but if United were to move on CBs, I'd have him much further down the list than Smalling or Rojo.

When comparing Smalling and Jones, there is only one winner. Smalling is so bad it's scary. His reading of the game, positional sense, his passing from the back is some of the worst I've seen from a top level centre back. I really don't know what he's still doing at United.

Herrera was being compared to Kante last season. He is another player that they need to move on asap. He adds absolutely nothing to the side, no matter the standard of opposition.

Lukaku could score 25 league goals this season and I doubt he'll have been that good in the grand scheme of things. Obviously goals are important, but there are lots of really important things in a forwards play. You cannot be a top level centre froward when your first touch and link up play is that bad. He has an amazing knack of scoring goals in garbage time, he did the same at Everton at times. He's basically padding his stats. 

I'll give an example. I remember watching Everton play Hull last season live. Everton were one up, and Lukaku was non existent in general play. Did nothing to ease the pressure on defence by keeping the ball or making runs. They went 2 up with about 10 mins left. Game over. Lukaku scored 2 in injury time. Anyone not watching that game and just checking the scores would probably say 'another great game for Lukaku'. He was muck that day. As he is on many days. Top class forwards when not scoring should never be muck!! 

Lukaku didnt have much service yesterday to be fair to him. A non existant midfield. Pogba is badly missed.

About Herrera, I dont know if I would sell him but he was certainly running around yesterday like a headless chicken and I think when players are having a bad game they jump into tackels and risk red cards.

What about a half fit Fellanin yesterday, when Mata was dropped from the squad.

Cracks appearing already for Jose?

f**k it. Minds made up. Get rid of Herrera.
Watched him closely in games since the above and he is no where near good enough. Matic is twice the player.
Whats the point in Herrera other than to roll around like a fanny looking for free kicks?

For all the effort United went through to sign Herrera, he really is an average player.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Didn't see that game yesterday but that's two games in a row where Man U got pummelled. Mourinhio really struggling against the better teams in the league.

On the plus side they should easily get into the 1/4 of the Champions League, Sevilla have really gone to the dogs.

2 games in a row??
They'd won their previous 4.

Pummeling was the wrong choice of words Big smile
But the number of chances that Arsenal had in that game would normallly win you two matches, and City Sunday. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11831184118511861187 1770>
  Share Topic