You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11521153115411551156 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:11pm
Much better second half and never underestimate the benefit of the dodgiest of keepers.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:12pm
What a jammy goal LOL

I suppose that's what happens when you play a Calvin Klein model in goal. 

United's passing has been atrocious. Awful performance. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:20pm
According to HM Mourinho is on the verge of being sacked LOL
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

According to HM Mourinho is on the verge of being sacked LOL

Is HM myself? Never stated that Mourinho is on the verge of being sacked. On the verge implies in the very near future does it not? If next summer/christmas 2018 is the near future, well then maybe I have actually said he's on the verge of being sacked. The PSG link is very interesting, because when it all goes south Mourinho could well jump ship at that point. It will be a blessing for United if they get the next appointment right then.

For all the goals scored, all the clean sheets, United have been really unimpressive and it's only a matter of time before they have a string of poor results. They really are a desperate attacking side. That is some achievement from any manager when you have players of the quality of Rashford and Mkhytharyan in your attack. Players like Mata as squad players.

Is Lukaku playing tonight? Must be about the 5th match in 10 I've seen where he's totally anonymous for 70/80 minutes of a match, then he might snatch a meaningless goal in garbage time to pad his stats. He is miles off a top centre forward. Really think he was a terrible signing for United for what they should be trying to achieve.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:51pm
You just ooze bitterness LOL

Mourinho's looking to jump ship.

United are a sh*te team in attack.

Lukaku is terrible.

Always good for a laugh reading this utter sh*te you spout.

Another win tonight, 3 from 3 in the CL with two games away, can't ask for much more.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:48pm
Crosses caught comfortably by the keeper made it onto the ten minutes highlights of this game
Seems like a cracker
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 11:52pm
Totally humiliating for the Benfica keeper
A pink hair band!!
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:18am
3 wins from 3.

Not good enough.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:40am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

3 wins from 3.

Not good enough.

Only have to go back 1 page on this thread, and fellas including yourself are giving out stink that United didn't make any effort whatsoever to win at Anfield a few days ago. Last night wasn't any better, no goalkeeping error and you'd be on here complaining about the negative approach again and you'd be right to.

This is United under Mourinho. I'm baffled that lads think at some point United are going to build on all of this and actually play expansive football. They didn't even play expansive football against the likes of Swansea and Everton earlier in the season LOL As I've said all along, don't let the few results fool you. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:48am

Lukaku is terrible.

Another win tonight, 3 from 3 in the CL with two games away, can't ask for much more.

No bitterness whatsoever. United have spent years now in absolute mediocrity. That is just a fact, if a United fan said that would it make it a more appealing, unbiased fact? They are slowly creeping out of the shambles they were in, but it's at a snails pace. Mourinho has made some good signings and that has helped hugely. His style of football, which is now far more negative than ever in his career, will never bring home the big trophies that United want, the CL and the PL. Amazes me to still see people think it will. I would love to see the likes of Rashford, Mkhytaryan, Mata, Martial under a manager who will see them flourish. Who wouldn't?

Bhob, if I read back over the last few pages, will I see you give out stink also about how United played in the game at Anfield? Would you blame Mourinho for that? Do you genuinely think that a manger with that philosophy will win the PL in the next few years, given the amount and high standard of competition there now is?

Also, if you have given out stink about Mourinhos approach at Anfield, does that make you bitter also? I really don't see how all of this computes in your brain.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:52am
The next 7 or so weeks will give us a clearer picture. United have Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and City to play in that period. To date they've beaten no-one of any note, but you could still challenge for, or even win, trophies by doing that, and picking up the odd big win here and there (eg the home wins they had against Spurs and Chelsea last season)
Knowing City they will shoot themselves in the foot very soon, and drop points in a straight forward looking home game. It happens every year. I'm careful to get too carried away by their form again this year given what happened this time last season
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The next 7 or so weeks will give us a clearer picture. United have Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal and City to play in that period. To date they've beaten no-one of any note, but you could still challenge for, or even win, trophies by doing that, and picking up the odd big win here and there (eg the home wins they had against Spurs and Chelsea last season)
Knowing City they will shoot themselves in the foot very soon, and drop points in a straight forward looking home game. It happens every year. I'm careful to get too carried away by their form again this year given what happened this time last season

It's early days for City, no doubt. Injuries to the likes of Kompany and Mendy will hurt them as the season goes on, especially if they picked up any other longer term ones.

In terms of United, imo they've shown absolutely nothing to say they can compete for the title. The top 5 sides have never been further ahead of the rest and you'll need to hit the 90 point mark like Chelsea last season to win the title in all probability. United have zero chance of hitting 90 plus point under Mourinho as manager. They are team who will grind, and trundle along all season and end up where they end up. Didn't they put together the worst unbeaten run in history last season? Wouldn't surprise me to see them something similar this season, all the while 2 or 3 clubs are opening up big gaps in the league on them because they are actually trying to win matches, not just trying not to lose them.

If it was 1985, Mourinho would be the man to challenge for a title with dull performance after dull performance. Unfortunately for him and United, the 2 points for a win and 1 point for a draw rule changed a long time ago. Maybe he's hoping they'll reintroduce it?

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:48am
didn't realise the value of 3 points vs Liverpool is worth more than the 3 points against everton. learn something new everyday...

played 12, won 10, drew 2, with 9 clean sheets...

the crap you talk hans is embarrassing
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:15am
Results and points are one thing, but I sat through that sh*te last night lads and in all honesty, I'd be sick to my stomach if my team played such turgid, uninspiring muck, especially given the pedigree and DNA of Utd as a club. Is it not crushing any of your souls at this stage?
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Lukaku is terrible.

No bitterness whatsoever. United have spent years now in absolute mediocrity. That is just a fact, if a United fan said that would it make it a more appealing, unbiased fact? They are slowly creeping out of the shambles they were in, but it's at a snails pace. Mourinho has made some good signings and that has helped hugely. His style of football, which is now far more negative than ever in his career, will never bring home the big trophies that United want, the CL and the PL. Amazes me to still see people think it will. I would love to see the likes of Rashford, Mkhytaryan, Mata, Martial under a manager who will see them flourish. Who wouldn't?

Bhob, if I read back over the last few pages, will I see you give out stink also about how United played in the game at Anfield? Would you blame Mourinho for that? Do you genuinely think that a manger with that philosophy will win the PL in the next few years, given the amount and high standard of competition there now is?

Also, if you have given out stink about Mourinhos approach at Anfield, does that make you bitter also? I really don't see how all of this computes in your brain.

Knock yourself out there trying to find my comments on the match, didn't see it as I was in Edinburgh.

His philosophy is obviously to keep away games as tight as possible and try and knick goals. If United were playing the attacking football of Liverpool hammering teams and then losing to fodder, as you like to call them, then you'd still be laying into United and Mourinho. Remind me again where one of the best attacking sides Liverpool are in the league? United haven't played as well in their last few games as they have earlier on in the season but they're still winning so why should anyone complain? Or is it a case of they're winning but winning isn't enough? They must really really double excellently win or Moleman won't be happy LOL

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

3 wins from 3.

Not good enough.

Only have to go back 1 page on this thread, and fellas including yourself are giving out stink that United didn't make any effort whatsoever to win at Anfield a few days ago. Last night wasn't any better, no goalkeeping error and you'd be on here complaining about the negative approach again and you'd be right to.

This is United under Mourinho. I'm baffled that lads think at some point United are going to build on all of this and actually play expansive football. They didn't even play expansive football against the likes of Swansea and Everton earlier in the season LOL As I've said all along, don't let the few results fool you. 

Different competetion Moleman, United have looked extremely comfortable in all three champions league games so there really is no need to be downbeat after last night.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 19 Oct 2017 at 1:05pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 1:42pm
Can't read much into United's CL form, as its such a weak group. As i said earlier, they've beaten no-one of any note yet, but i suppose winning and clean sheets are a good habit to get into
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Results and points are one thing, but I sat through that sh*te last night lads and in all honesty, I'd be sick to my stomach if my team played such turgid, uninspiring muck, especially given the pedigree and DNA of Utd as a club. Is it not crushing any of your souls at this stage?

I came home and it was half time heard them in the studio say how sh*te it was and having watched Saturday's match for my troubles, went and made the dinner. A wise decision.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11521153115411551156 1770>
  Share Topic