Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11481149115011511152 1770>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Great start for Lukaku in terms of goals and impact. But he's an awful footballer. Very poor touch,game awareness,vision.
Thought Martial was excellent. May fulfill his potential this season,undoubted ability but lacks desire. Needs to f**king smile and show some emotion

Lukaku does what it's says on the tin - scores goals.

There has been many a striker with great touch, vision , scorer of great goals but not a great goal scorer.
Man U knew exactly what they were buying and he has delivered - he has probably started better than expected.
The whole midfield looks better balanced now. I'll never understand why Chelsea let Matic go to Man U.

Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Great start for Lukaku in terms of goals and impact. But he's an awful footballer. Very poor touch,game awareness,vision.
Thought Martial was excellent. May fulfill his potential this season,undoubted ability but lacks desire. Needs to f**king smile and show some emotion

There has been many a striker with great touch, vision , scorer of great goals but not a great goal scorer.
Man U knew exactly what they were buying and he has delivered - he has probably started better than expected.
The whole midfield looks better balanced now. I'll never understand why Chelsea let Matic go to Man U.

Yeah, it's utterly bizarre. Made themselves weaker and a major rival stronger, with little gain in the current market.

United needed a Carrick replacement and got it. Matic is a Rolls Royce footballer. Carrick used to be, but he has a Lada engine nowadays.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 3:28pm
Big Fear will be if Lukaku/Matic get injured
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

same for Hazard / Morata

Ali / Kane

Mane / Couintino 

It was hard to pick 2 for man city as they have so much firepower up front - maybe Silva/Aguero

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Griezmann very close.

Player has agreed personal terms with United. United have triggered his release clause and the player himself - as is the requirement for release clauses - has, just this morning, confirmed he wants to accept the offer.

Everything is now in the hands of lawyers.

There may be a hold up in that Atletico have asked United to hold on until a replacement is signed, but while Atletico are very hopeful on signing Diego Costa from Chelsea (player keen on the move) - they may not be able to give him the contract he wants. Don't know why United would hold on. If they're willing to pay the release clause and the player has confirmed he wants to be released, let's get it wrapped up. 

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>

How much?
I really feel there is better players out there.

Sanchez from Arsenal or Lukaku IMO.

Lukaku not even in the same league as Sanchez or Griezmann imo. Whoever signs Lukaku for a fortune, which it will be, will be getting sold a pup.

I think its 10 goals in 9 games now.
He's not perfect but you cant fault his goal scoring record...

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 5:22pm

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

same for Hazard / Morata

Ali / Kane

Mane / Couintino 

It was hard to pick 2 for man city as they have so much firepower up front - maybe Silva/Aguero

Fair point
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:20pm
In fairness to Lukaku he had some good lay offs in the link up play in the first half but still has a tendency to miss control a relatively simple pass along the floor. His control is indeed poor at times. 

@BSM  

He's hardly an 'awful' footballer ffs if he's one of the best goalscorers in the league LOL  He has plenty of strengths despite his touch being a weak point.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

In fairness to Lukaku he had some good lay offs in the link up play in the first half but still has a tendency to miss control a relatively simple pass along the floor. His control is indeed poor at times. 

@BSM  

He's hardly an 'awful' footballer ffs if he's one of the best goalscorers in the league LOL  He has plenty of strengths despite his touch being a weak point.
His footballing ability is poor IMO His touch is a weak point,but his biggest weakness is in the brain. He doesn't see the pictures around him
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:32pm

Shearer,Henry,Fowler,Kane,RVN,Defoe,Kane,Collymore,...off the top of my head,goalscorers with a great footballing brain in the PL era. I'm sure I could go on. Lukaku will get you goals but his overall link up play is poor IMO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:49pm

Shearer,Henry,Fowler,Kane,RVN,Defoe,Kane,Collymore,...off the top of my head,goalscorers with a great footballing brain in the PL era. I'm sure I could go on. Lukaku will get you goals but his overall link up play is poor IMO

You said Kane twice but it was Defoe that confirms you have been on the sauce! He is also a very limited footballer.

Kidding aside, this is nothing new. Man U knew his strengths and weaknesses before they bought him. Last year they would have finished in the top 4 if they had Lukaku - they drew to many games as they just couldn't score enough goals.

He isint world class but will improve the united team.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:49pm

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

@BSM  

His footballing ability is poor IMO His touch is a weak point,but his biggest weakness is in the brain. He doesn't see the pictures around him

I don't know, I think his general play was pretty good in the first half anyway and knew when to come deep to receive it. Mhikitaryan had an awful lot of space to run through the middle due in apart to Lukaku pulling defenders away with him. I think his awareness in general play isn't that bad tbh. 

Anyway his main job is to score and it's great to see him getting back and defending. He deserves a huge amount of credit given he'd be under serious pressure when he signed. He seems a cool customer in interviews. 

Edited by irishmufc - 28 Sep 2017 at 8:51pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:51pm

You said Kane twice but it was Defoe that confirms you have been on the sauce! He is also a very limited footballer.

Kidding aside, this is nothing new. Man U knew his strengths and weaknesses before they bought him. Last year they would have finished in the top 4 if they had Lukaku - they drew to many games as they just couldn't score enough goals.

He isint world class but will improve the united team.
You saying Defoe isn't a very clever goalscorer?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 8:54pm
One of them Kane's was Keane!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2017 at 9:10pm
Defoe scores goals but his all round play is poor.
No height for ariel battles and poor crosser of the ball.

He was 'receive ball and shoot' type forward.
Never made it to the top 4 teams (at the time) despite being in the England team.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 7:16am
Why would I want Defoe crossing the ball?
Giggs was a PL great,yet he couldn't cross his legs
Defoes movement is top class,hence why he's still scoring in the PL
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 8:15am
it's funny how every pundit and fan concentrates on lukaku's limitations rather than his strengths. the chap, if he continues on his current goalscoring run, will reach 100 PL goals before Christmas, going into the top5 youngest to reach that milestone. and that's with playing for west brom and everton for 5 of the 6 years...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 9:48am
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

it's funny how every pundit and fan concentrates on lukaku's limitations rather than his strengths. the chap, if he continues on his current goalscoring run, will reach 100 PL goals before Christmas, going into the top5 youngest to reach that milestone. and that's with playing for west brom and everton for 5 of the 6 years...

Romelu Lukaku: The ridiculous statistics

He is a beast amongst men.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2017 at 10:18am

Defoe scores goals but his all round play is poor.
No height for ariel battles and poor crosser of the ball.

He was 'receive ball and shoot' type forward.
Never made it to the top 4 teams (at the time) despite being in the England team.

What a stupid post LOL

So your Shearer's, Van Nistelrooy's, Henry's* etc. All known for their height and crossing the ball play rather than the 20-30 goals a season you reckon?

*Didn't Henry score 1 headed goal ever during his time in England?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11481149115011511152 1770>
  Share Topic