Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11221123112411251126 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:28pm
They played Man City in a friendly? f**king hell....................
Sponsored Links

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

3 friendly wins including a win against Man City, defo gonna walk the league this year

Don't be silly Bob, it's the Champions League that they'll walk
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yep
City's pre season schedule is silly IMO

United, Real Madrid, Tottenham and West Ham

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 2:31pm

A derby which is able to be played as a friendly should always be classed as tinpot LOL

Shoutout to Norwich and Ipswich for doing it every year, but the Manchester derby should never be down there LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

3 friendly wins including a win against Man City, defo gonna walk the league this year

Don't be silly Bob, it's the Champions League that they'll walk

It's our year Heart
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:06pm
Check out the players walk-out at the start Yanks
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yep

United's is daft too. Sure they're playing Real Madrid again in Super Cup in couple of weeks. 2 mickey mouse games (Super Cup to a lesser extent) Ermm

Money talks and they'll get a nice pay day. 

I wonder would the clubs be under some obligation or requirement to field a minimum amount of first teamers in these pre-season money spinner tournaments? 

Edited by irishmufc - 21 Jul 2017 at 4:33pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Yep

United's is daft too. Sure they're playing Real Madrid again in Super Cup in couple of weeks. 2 mickey mouse games (Super Cup to a lesser extent) Ermm

Money talks and they'll get a nice pay day. 

I wonder would the clubs be under some obligation or requirement to field a minimum amount of first teamers in these pre-season money spinner tournaments? 

yea because I mean mainstream players don't really need to do pre-season Wink
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 12:37pm
How did the Belgian Emile Heskey get on?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 6:26pm

Nah tis Liverfools year
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 5:27am
I'd say Pat Crerand is on the absolute piss over there for the two weeks with a bit of unbelievably state the obvious commentary. He sounds like an auld fella in the boozer.

When Madrid got their stonewall penalty the MUTV commentator goes "Even you Paddy can't says that's not a penalty" .

Edited by irishmufc - 24 Jul 2017 at 5:28am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:29am
That was some assist from Martial last night, United would be mental to entertain the thought of letting him leave.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

That was some assist from Martial last night, United would be mental to entertain the thought of letting him leave.

Bit similar to Hendrick's against Georgia Wink. Great skill though against the European champions, firendly or no friendly. 

Still worried he could go as I think Mourinho is taking a risk with this tough love approach to him. He gave him a bit of praise post match in that he was training harder than last season which is code for his attitude has improved. I think Martial's brother is his agent and I'd fear there could be an Anelka type of situation down the line.

In fairness to Mourinho when he did play Martial last season he was poor and gave the ball away almost all the time.His confidence looked shot and he clearly wasn't getting on with Mourinho.

Would still rather keep Martial as he looked a potentially world class player the season before last. Wouldn't even want United to sell him as part of a swap deal for Matic or one of their other main targets.

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Bit similar to Hendrick's against Georgia Wink. Great skill though against the European champions, firendly or no friendly. 

Still worried he could go as I think Mourinho is taking a risk with this tough love approach to him. He gave him a bit of praise post match in that he was training harder than last season which is code for his attitude has improved. I think Martial's brother is his agent and I'd fear there could be an Anelka type of situation down the line.

In fairness to Mourinho when he did play Martial last season he was poor and gave the ball away almost all the time.His confidence looked shot and he clearly wasn't getting on with Mourinho.

Would still rather keep Martial as he looked a potentially world class player the season before last. Wouldn't even want United to sell him as part of a swap deal for Matic or one of their other main targets.

martial also went through a break-up with his missus last season, caught balls deep in some young wan at deansgate locks. so he had all of that and more on his mind. hopefully a solid pre-season under his belt and that bit more stability and give him more confidence. it's mad how much of a confidence player he is, no confidence and he loses the ball every time, full of confidence and he burns defenders for fun
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 4:58pm
Ibrahimovic going back to Old Trafford?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:06pm

Ibrahimovic going back to Old Trafford?

I think they're waiting until December to make a call on it as he won't be available for anyone anyway until then. Apparently the operation and recovery is going better than expected. 

Would love if they even gave him a 6 month extension for from xmas to the end of the season.  
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 8:09pm
Given Lindelof's poor start with United, I hope he has most of these mistakes ironed out when the season starts. Vidic, Evra and Stam had poor starts to their United careers so it won't be surprising if he has a tough season.

I think United will concede more goals this season but should score more and certainly finish higher than 6th. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 12:36pm
Friendlies mean nothing for me, and that includes the charity shield.
People writing off Lindelof and City's new keeper for mistakes in friendlies. The season proper starts on August 11th.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11221123112411251126 1770>
  Share Topic