You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11141115111611171118 1770>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Ridiculous fee nowhere near worth that

Just the way football has gone now. Most fees are outrageous nowdays

Especially when Man Utd are the buying club

Once a few of the bigger clubs become interested the price always goes way up.
He won the Euro U21 with Sweden and was in the team of the tournament.

Is that Jones on the way out?

lass, how do you determine if lindelof is nowhere near worth that?

as stated by ZK, he won euro21s and in team of tournament. started all three games for Sweden in euro2016. won a couple of leagues and cups with benfica. been playing champs league football. also being a foreign player headhunted by an English club inflates prices. sure you only need to look at that Italian player for torino, bellotti. AC Milan bid 39m for him, but torino president wants to sell him to an English club because he has a release clause to go there for 89m. bought by any club outside of England and there's no price tag.

€30m also works out not far off half the price city paid for john stones. in my eyes, I think that's pretty decent value.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:46am
Well I am assuming Lass has actually watched him play to come to that opinion. Not just looked at his Wikipedia page which you seem to have done Alihau Tongue
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:57am
According to Lewandowski him self and Jardel were amongst the best centre back duos he played against last season but yeah LB knows best Thumbs Up
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Well I am assuming Lass has actually watched him play to come to that opinion. Not just looked at his Wikipedia page which you seem to have done Alihau Tongue

actually I know exactly how many times I've seen him play, six. the three Sweden games in euros and then three of benfica's champs league games. was I looking out for him? no. did he stand out for me in those games? no. do I stand by my logic as to how I believe he isn't completely overvalued? yes. are you annoyed that I used stones as a barometer? yes. is stones severely overrated and overvalued? yes.

Edited by alihau41 - 12 Jun 2017 at 11:30am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:41am
LOL
Yeah I'm massively annoyed.
Comparing price tags gets sillier and more pointless by the year. I'm just amused at social media comments and memes that I have seen since saturday about how great a value this fella is, and I'd be pretty certain they've barely watched him play.

It remains to be seen if he'll be a good signing or not.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 2:11pm
Agree, there are few things more annoying than people saying "he's not an X million player, he's a Y million player" it's not FIFA. Ordinary players are going for huge sums nowadays to the point where transfer fees have lost almost all meaning

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 12 Jun 2017 at 2:12pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:39pm
I've no idea whether Lindelof is "worth" the fee or not.

But I've watched Jonny Evans this season, both NI and WBA, and he's been magnificent. I can't help thinking Man U would have been better off selling Smalling (and Jones) instead. That way, they mightn't have had to bother with Lindelof either.

And if people think I'm biased, then fair enough, but I wouldn't have said that three or four years ago, when he struggled for a bit. But you know the saying "Form is temporary, Class is permanent", and Alex Ferguson for one, always appreciated JE's class..

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Griezmann very close.
Player has agreed personal terms with United. United have triggered his release clause and the player himself - as is the requirement for release clauses - has, just this morning, confirmed he wants to accept the offer.
Everything is now in the hands of lawyers.

Griezemann signs a new 5 year deal at Atletico

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:45pm

Griezmann very close.
Player has agreed personal terms with United. United have triggered his release clause and the player himself - as is the requirement for release clauses - has, just this morning, confirmed he wants to accept the offer.

I would imagine the release clause would still be the same, fully epxect him to leave next season.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Griezmann very close.

I would imagine the release clause would still be the same, fully epxect him to leave next season.

He's already said about 500 times (possibly 600) that he refuses to leave whilst the club is on a transfer ban.

SirAlex at it again LOL
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Griezmann very close.

He's already said about 500 times (possibly 600) that he refuses to leave whilst the club is on a transfer ban.

SirAlex at it again LOL

In fairness to SirAlex he did say this before the transfer ban was confirmed but i'm pretty sure he gets his information from those fake agent profile's on twitter.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:47pm
SirAlex said 2-days before the transfer ban was imposed that United had agreed everything with Girezmann and Atletico as they all assumed transfer ban would be lifted. I said it was on condition of transfer ban. As we all know, the ban wasn't overturned and the fee United would have had to pay for Atletico, meant a deal couldn;t be done (they wanted 100% of 87m up front)

As it happens, I came back on to say that a transfer merry-go-round that was supposed to happen, will not now happen. Though I fully expect Costa to go, Lukaku to replace him and I know Everton are doing their best to get Rooney in to replace Lukaku but things are complicated with his wages and image rights. Instead of Griezmann, United have turned to Morata and while they've agreed personal terms with the player, there is still a 10m euro difference between United's value and Real's.

Can't say I'm overly enthused about Morata, though there's no doubting he is full of promise.

Lindelof's a great signing though...such a good reader of the game. Great value for money too.

United trying to sign Matic but Chelsea not letting go; likely United will end up with their second choice DM, Fabinho.

So that'll be their first choice centre-half (also on the list was Keane and then Van Dijk)
Their second choice striker (Griezmann first, Morata, Belotti)
Their second choice DM (Matic, Fabinho, Verratti).

Not great, not bad business.

Adresses two main areas of concern, DM and a striker. But as I said, I'm not overly enamoured by Morata...I know he's very good and has a range of abilities (can run at defenders, acute finisher, can hold up play...he offers a lot), I just have a sneaky feeling he may suffer in the EPL. I obviously hope not, but for the outlay, I would have much preferred signing Lukaku or even having a proper plump for Harry Kane...It looks like Morata will cost 70m euro...that's a lot for an unproven first-teamer...whereas for an extra 20m you coulda made Spurs an offer they couldn't turn down. It wouldn't have been easy, but still...Lukaku over Morata for me. We'll see who does best next season out of the two of em.

Really like the signing of Lindelof.
Think Fabinho is just what we're looking for, but still might take a good while adjusting.
Morata will, I'm pretty sure, take time adjusting.

I do wonder if Mourinho has something else up his sleeve too...Apparently, from what I'm hearing, is they have agreed personal terms with Persic, but apparently he is second on a list behind someone else who United are trying to sign. But the guy who feeds me says he knows nothing about that...

Edited by Siralex - 13 Jun 2017 at 2:50pm
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:49pm

I do wonder if Mourinho has something else up his sleeve too...Apparently, from what I'm hearing, is they have agreed personal terms with Persic, but apparently he is second on a list behind someone else who United are trying to sign. But the guy who feeds me says he knows nothing about that...

The guy = Twitter?

Edited by coyne - 13 Jun 2017 at 2:50pm
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The guy = Twitter?

Yeah, Twitter.
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:51pm
Reports on Twitter today from Manchester Evening News journos that United have no interest in Fabinho
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 9:44am
would be happy enough with the PL fixture list
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 9:57am
Every team is playing everyone else both home and away this year again

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Jun 2017 at 9:57am
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:39am
"there are old scores to be settled at The Dell. Scores like 1-0 and 2-1 that have happened in previous years"
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11141115111611171118 1770>
  Share Topic