Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10621063106410651066 1771>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:33am
Aguero went down easily yes, but did nothing different to what the majority of footballers would have done in the same instance, when being headbutted by a bigger man who's already on a yellow card.

Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:35am
That was a Mourinho special by United last night - the man is a master of clamping games down and doing what needs to be done. It was a good result for United considering they were away and were also missing a few players. It's not the worst result for City either in fairness. They controlled the game but how many clear cut chances did they create? Pep appeared to be extremely frustrated in the post-match interview but he knows Mourinho well enough to have expected that last night surely.

In fairness to Daithi one of my United supporting mates also thought Aguero deserved a red. I've watched the incident a couple of times and I don't see it at all myself. There's a big difference between squaring up to someone and actually throwing the head in. Aguero leaned in a bit but the actual headbutt was all Fellaini. I'd imagine Mourinho chopped his b*llox off after the game.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

That was a Mourinho special by United last night - the man is a master of clamping games down and doing what needs to be done. It was a good result for United considering they were away and were also missing a few players. It's not the worst result for City either in fairness. They controlled the game but how many clear cut chances did they create? Pep appeared to be extremely frustrated in the post-match interview but he knows Mourinho well enough to have expected that last night surely.

In fairness to Daithi one of my United supporting mates also thought Aguero deserved a red. I've watched the incident a couple of times and I don't see it at all myself. There's a big difference between squaring up to someone and actually throwing the head in. Aguero leaned in a bit but the actual headbutt was all Fellaini. I'd imagine Mourinho chopped his b*llox off after the game.

Spot on.

And your mate probably also has the red coloured blinkers on.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:49am
On the game itself, I agreed with some of what Mourinho said after the game. In the first half United's gameplan was working, soak up pressure and hit City on the counter. They had two big chances in the half. Second half they stopped doing this and couldn't get out.

Rashford is a real talent. Up to a few months ago I thought he was just a flash in the pan and a one season wonder but I now think he's going to make it

Great to see Kompany back to somewhere near his best.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 28 Apr 2017 at 9:50am
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Aguero went down easily yes, but did nothing different to what the majority of footballers would have done in the same instance, when being headbutted by a bigger man who's already on a yellow card.

So you call me a weirdo and childish for having the temerity to say something along the lines of "if you deal with the 2 players who square up to each other head to head with the same punishment it will cut out all this handbag stuff" but at the same time you defend the majority of player's that do this because it is the norm, right so 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:57am
But Fellaini went further than just going head to head with Aguero. He headbutted him.

I don't think two players squaring up head to head should be a red card each. I'd give them both a yellow. When there's a headbutt though, that is obviously then a red card. As we saw with Nolito earlier in the season against Bournemouth when an opponent went to go head to head with him, and Fellaini last night  

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 28 Apr 2017 at 10:00am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:30am

But Fellaini went further than just going head to head with Aguero. He headbutted him.

I don't think two players squaring up head to head should be a red card each. I'd give them both a yellow. When there's a headbutt though, that is obviously then a red card. As we saw with Nolito earlier in the season against Bournemouth when an opponent went to go head to head with him, and Fellaini last night  

IMO I don't think Fellini went to head butt him.
He was looking to square up to him head to head but as he is taller he had to move his head down which looked like a head butt.
Aguero went down like a sack of spuds but thats what all continental players would do in that suituation so I don't blame him.

Fellini was sent off for being stupid.

Match overall was poor.
Man City really missed silva - they had no ideas how to break down Man U.
That was a typical Jose game against his rivals away from home - don't lose.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

He was looking to square up to him head to head but as he is taller he had to move his head down which looked like a head butt.
Aguero went down like a sack of spuds but thats what all continental players would do in that suituation so I don't blame him.

Match overall was poor.

Plenty of Irish and British players also
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:49am

Match overall was poor.

Meyler stayed on his feet that time Pardew butted him. LOL
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:50am

Match overall was poor.

Just out of interest, who and have you any examples?

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:31am

Match overall was poor.

bloody foreigners ,ruining the beautiful game ....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:44am

Match overall was poor.

Just out of interest, who and have you any examples?

I've no direct examples to relate to last nights involving irish players.
Players do what it takes though to gain an advantage, whether that's Aguero, Silva, Herrera, Ashley Young, Shane Long or Robbie Keane. There isn't that much difference in how most of them would behave in the same sceanario really
I've seen Long, Duff and Keane dive a number of times.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 28 Apr 2017 at 11:44am
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:46am

Aguero went down like a sack of spuds
but thats what all continental players would do in that suituation so I don't blame him.

Match overall was poor.

got to agree here. aguero laughing about it afterwards when Herrera confronted him.

as much as city missed silva, united missed pogba. he would have been better at linking the play to the front three and to allow carrick and Herrera get on with putting out fires. mhki probably had one of his worst games in a united jersey, didn't get into a rhythm and always took a few touches too many.

kompany does give so much more stability to that backline, although how on earth he got away with the persistent fouling!

bailly was brilliant and certainly is someone for mourinho to build the defence around

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:52am
Damien Duff was fond of a dive or two. He certainly dived against Spain in 2002 to win a penalty. 

But are you just looking for examples of Irish players making the most of somebody making contact with them?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:54am
Agree I thought Bailly was a bit of an unsung hero last night. He did very well but a little bit careless at times passing out from the back under City pressure. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:59am
He was brilliant last night Bailly
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:06pm
Yeah Bailly has been a superb signing. Great first season in English football.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Agree I thought Bailly was a bit of an unsung hero last night. He did very well but a little bit careless at times passing out from the back under City pressure. 

his options were pretty restricted in the second half what with the high line city defended with, Valencia and darmian almost positioned behind him, no pogba in midfield to hold up the ball, and the fact that any ball played long to rashford resulted in him on the floor and kompany and otamendi taking it in turns to stand over him

but at the age of 23, bailly should be a mainstay of that defence for a long time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10621063106410651066 1771>
  Share Topic