Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Manchester Utd Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10591060106110621063 1770>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:46am
Personally I think he's been a disappointment.
4 goals and 3 assists for an attacking midfielder who has played almost every game isn't great is it?
I expected more.
Added to that I've yet to see him dominate a game or perform well in a big game against one of the other top 6 clubs.
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 10:52am
Topping the most successful passes stat which to his credit is impressive but would love to see a stat on whose lost possession or had the most unsuccessful passes because I'd imagine he'd place quite highly in both those aswell.

A superb talent but his ball retention and refusal to pass is incredibly frustrating at times.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:41am

Pogba has shown glimpses of his talent and has done very well in some games.He has a long way to go to prove the doubters wrong but I think its fairly obvious he has bags of talent .He needs to cut out a few of his bad habits like taking too much out of the ball and not giving the quick pass when needed.

I think Jose will buy a cm this summer who will help get the best outta him and hopefully he kicks on from there.I know people will say a player costing that much should be performing better but he needs a holding cm beside him.Pirlo and Vidal at Juve helpd get the best out of him.

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

4 goals and 3 assists for an attacking midfielder who has played almost every game isn't great is it?
I expected more.
Added to that I've yet to see him dominate a game or perform well in a big game against one of the other top 6 clubs.

While i feel he's been very close to having more goals due to hitting the post/bar so much, that's still on him, within his control so he should have more goals. Judging him on assists is very unfair IMO. He should have double-digit assists this season. The amount of times he's laid it on a plate for teammates that a decent attacking player should put away and United have wasted.

He performed well against Chelsea and against Spurs, but dominated neither game.

He has been inconsistent, and if other players had put away more of his chances created that wouldn't change his inconsistency but his statistics would look a lot better and he wouldnt be getting as much stick. Decent season from him but needs to raise his game next season and in what's left of this one.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 12:50pm

I expected more.

I don't remember him being judged by his goals and assists at Juve.

Anyway had a little search on whoscored.com for top rated United players in the Premier League this season:

1) Pogba - 7.71
2) Herrera - 7.52
3) Zlatan - 7.41

He has also completed most passes, created most chances and completed most take ons.
Zlatan has been dissapointing in a lot of games this season but gets away with his poor performace if he scores, Pogba doesn't get that luxury.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:43pm
What else would you judge an attacking midfielder on?
I would have thought goals and assists were as good a barometer as any.

Aside from those assist and goal figures, i'll think of the times I've watched him play this season and I can't think of one outstanding performance to be honest. In most of the big games he's been anonymous.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 27 Apr 2017 at 1:48pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:45pm
How do you think the match will go tonight Baggio? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 1:49pm
Wouldn't rule out a United win. Think they've all the momentum and will go into the game with a sense of nothing to lose.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 2:35pm

Aside from those assist and goal figures, i'll think of the times I've watched him play this season and I can't think of one outstanding performance to be honest. In most of the big games he's been anonymous.

Yeah would have expected a better goal/assist return from him but I think he has performed well in plenty of games.He was brilliant last year for Juve and hasn't came near hitting those heights this season.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

He was brilliant last year for Juve and hasn't came near hitting those heights this season.

Exactly. Do the people who think he's had a good season, in any sense of the word, know what he was like at Juve? He was outstanding last year and has been distinctly 'meh' this year. Whether it's the price tag, the system, the weather - whatever it is, he's clearly performed nowhere near the level he is capable of. The odd decent performance here and there simply isn't good enough. Next season is a big one for him and I reckon he'll come good then. To suggest he's been anything other than a disappointment this season though is not doing the player himself any justice at all.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 4:16pm

I would say he's played more games in a midfield two rather than as an attacking midfielder, anyway stats can be misleading as pointed out earlier he would have a lot more assists to his name had United's attackers been more potent in front of goal.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 7:30pm
De Gea, Valencia, Blind, Bailly, Darmian, Carrick, Herrera, Fellaini, Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rashford.

Be interesting to see who plays upfront tonight.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 7:43pm
Very exciting front 3, gives me a bit more confidence for the match. Still expecting a draw
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:13pm
fcuking ref is giving United nothing Angry
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:16pm
United can't pass the ball five yards 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:25pm
Ref letting City get away with some cynical stuff already and i bet as soon as Utd commit a foul the card will be out
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:36pm
City are more dangerous and look the more likely to score. United's passing id very poor and sluggish at times. 

Only a matter of time I feel as United have no point man to hold the ball up and it's non-stop City pressure. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 8:37pm
No yellow for Yaya? LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10591060106110621063 1770>
  Share Topic