Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enda Stevens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 28>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:13pm
Jaysus, hope he recovers ok from the inevitable spanking he'll get from Valencia and Rafael Ouch
Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:15pm
Well he'll be infinitely better than Santos anyhow, but if you're gonna make a full debut, it might as well be against quality players.  Hopefully he comes out and does himself justice, will be watching this with interest.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:36pm
Some turnaround in the space of 7 days..

Edited by rolo - 05 Nov 2012 at 5:36pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Happens so often in football, shows the value of getting the head down and chipping away.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:48pm
No better way to prove himself at the top level. Hope he does start and if so good luck to the lad.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Happens so often in football, shows the value of getting the head down and chipping away.

Yeah its great. Every now and then you click on a thread for a certain Irish player and you see he's gotten his break at last, brilliant.

Saw Enda play for Villa in the States in July and he played the full 90 at left back and was very solid defensively, and got forward a good lot and put some good crosses into the box.

This is a big step-up but hoping he does well.

EDIT: I lie, he didnt play the full 90. He came on as a sub at half time and the match went to extra time so he played about 75 mins altogether.

Edited by rolo - 05 Nov 2012 at 6:00pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 5:53pm
Clark will move to LB and Dunne should be back so he will start or else Herd will play with Vlaar in defense, will be amazed if Enda starts on Saturday.

danny10tot View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny10tot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:02pm
Lovely, seen he was on the bench for Villa the weekend, didn't realise he came on! Great stuff Enda
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:05pm
I reckon he will make himself number one LB at villa. He is better than bennett. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

I reckon he will make himself number one LB at villa. He is better than bennett. 

Bennett is a very good LB, with such a statement you must really know a lot about the 2, if he was better he would e starting right now, Lambert has no problem giving people their chance maybe give him time before saying he is better than the current one, a loan move will happen I reckon in January.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:14pm
I think Bennett is a lot more rash in the tackling. He dives in far too quickly! Stevens is more clever. 

I think Stevens will get more game time and hopefully break into the first team. 

I am still trying to figure Lambert out. 

Maybe he goes on what he sees in training. 
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:18pm
Villa are in a massive transition period, this season was always going to be a tough one and it has worked out that way!

There will be many ups and downs but on Saturday it was the best we played all season, Stevens done well when he came on into a very solid back 4, Clark was unbelievable and hopefully he keeps his place in the team cos he deserves it as does Stephen Ireland.

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:20pm
I also think Bennett plays ahead of Stevens for the same reason Chelsea brought Josh McEachran into their squad ahead of Stevens. 

But that's just one of my conspiracy theories ha  
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:25pm
End of the day Enda could easily get thrown into the first team now with United City and Arsenal coming up and realistically could get destroyed and then we might not see him for a long time in the first team again, I just worry about throwing in players too soon, if he is picked on Saturday(which I highly doubt) I hope he does well.

DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 1:25pm

Well he'll be infinitely better than Santos anyhow, but if you're gonna make a full debut, it might as well be against quality players.  Hopefully he comes out and does himself justice, will be watching this with interest.

do yous have any add-ons when yis sold him. get anything if he plays a certain number of games?

didnt rate stevens when he was with pats and wasnt dissappointed when he left. shocked that he got a move to villa. but i hope it works out well for him.
cup champions
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

do yous have any add-ons when yis sold him. get anything if he plays a certain number of games?

didnt rate stevens when he was with pats and wasnt dissappointed when he left. shocked that he got a move to villa. but i hope it works out well for him.

No idea re add-ons DG.  He was only a kid when he left Pats but he came on a ton, particularly in 2011 in his European performances.

He has a long way to go and Sono may be right yet regarding a loan move, but he is still very young and has a chance, decent left backs are very thin on the ground, not only Irish ones but anywhere.  Fingers crossed for the lad.
Tom Parker View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 1:33pm
Starting tomorrow evening against Man Utd Clap
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Tom Parker Tom Parker wrote:

Starting tomorrow evening against Man Utd Clap

Thumbs Up  Best of luck to the lad!seems they have a few injuries in the LB position so hopefully he gets a run in the team.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 28>
  Share Topic