Forum Description: All ROI International Team forums
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=35248
Printed Date: 04 Aug 2020 at 12:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Enda Stevens
Posted By: aviva8
Subject: Enda Stevens
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:34am
Deal done: Aston Villa sign left-back Enda Stevens from Shamrock Rovers. The 21-year-old agreed the deal to move from the Dublin side last summer, and now makes the move following end of the Irish season and Rovers' involvement in Europe.

Best of look to the kid.Here hoping he makes it.

Replies:
Posted By: Green Devil
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:36am
Best of luck to the lad Thumbs Up

Dunne , Clark and Given all there not to mention a few Irish youngsters aswell , it'll do him the world of good having some Irish players around...

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan

Posted By: El_nino
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 8:58am
Fair play to the lad, hopefully he makes the grade. McLeish gave Fahey the chance and he grabbed it with both hands so hopefully young Stevens can do the same when called upon. Always puts a smile on my face seeing these lads make the step up from LOI .

Posted By: JimmyG
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:05am
After Warnock's display yesterday he may get his chance sooner rather than later.

-------------
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:13am
god warnock was terrible, what was he playing at for that first goal???

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 9:32am
Best of luck to Stevens. 

When he initially signed for villa, he said that he was nowhere near the physical ability and fitness of the other villa players and the villa management were concerned as to whether or not he would be able to make the grade.

However, Enda then got Dubs footballer philly mcmahon to be his personal trainer, and mcmahon runs his own physical and fitness regime. Enda spent months at that, and was over at villa before christmas for an assessment and the staff couldn't believe how fit he had become. 

Enda said last week that he couldn't wait to apply this fitness and ability in the premier league, so best of luck to him. I reckon he might surprise us all. 

-------------
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DaveOGradyMedia" rel="nofollow - DaveOGradyMedia

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: RogerMilla
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 10:35am
Great news

-------------
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.

Posted By: Absolutely Use
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 10:59am
Thats good to hear, Warnock is a little overated, maybe Stevens can get a look in

-------------
Say nothing till you hear more

Posted By: Cabs88
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 11:21am
I read somewhere that he has been over and back of late and that Richard Dunne had taken him around, and helped him get sorted.. That can be only be good in settling the player. With a little luck he could really turn out to be a great player for club and country 

-------------
Beidh lá eile ag an bPaorach

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:09pm
anytime i seen this lad for rovers he hasn't been great at all and doesn't look near good enough to be a PL player. I have seen him maybe 8/9 times. hope i'm wrong though

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:19pm
was very impressive in the early part of the season and in there early Euro games
seemed to fall below par after that
will be surprised if he was to start any PL games this season bar injuries
yes Warnock had a shocker the other night but he wont be dropped for that alone
Clark will fill in there if Warnock is left out IMO

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 12:54pm
Citz, you sure you were watching Stevens?   Was superb early season, lost a bit of confidence around May/June but rediscovered his from from the Champo League games onwards where he was absolutely magnificent.  The tragic death of his sister in around September was a massive blow to him obviously.  I tell yiz now, he'll be playing for Ireland sooner rather than later, I've huge hopes for him, he is class.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 17 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:54pm
best of luck enda, think he will take his chance there

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:17pm
He has to take a lot promise out of the start that McClean has made at Sunderland.

-------------

Posted By: soccerc
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:18pm
Smashing player who showed great potential when at Pats 3 yrs ago. Probably a better midfielder than defender but seems to be comfortable at the back. Having said that was targeted and skinned away to Steaua  but had a great game away to Valletta

http://pix.ie/soccerc/1127189">

Posted By: GoneToShowgies
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:57pm

He done very well in the LOI but was never an outstanding player for me. I have seen him play twice for Ireland u23s and didnt stand out at all. I think the potential is there, how much is the big question. Best of luck to him. Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Citz, you sure you were watching Stevens?   Was superb early season, lost a bit of confidence around May/June but rediscovered his from from the Champo League games onwards where he was absolutely magnificent.  The tragic death of his sister in around September was a massive blow to him obviously.  I tell yiz now, he'll be playing for Ireland sooner rather than later, I've huge hopes for him, he is class.
yeah seen him in a few of the euro games and a couple of the  Rovers LOI games that were on the box.In the euro games he got skinned a few times and seemed to be caught out of position. One of these games was Spurs at home, Giovani took him to the cleaners two or 3 times. Seen him against Paok away also, not great either. Spurs away i think he was partly responsible for two of the goals, Defoe beat him in the air to score and he was ball-watching for the 3rd to allow Giovani in at the back post to score. Saying that, to be fair i have not seen enough of him. and didn't know his sister died so should cut him some slack.

-------------

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 3:27pm
He's a great crosser of the ball. Hope he gets a chance to prove himself at Premiership level. Good luck to the lad

Posted By: grannyrule
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 5:44pm

Getting shirty: Promising Irish full-back Enda Stevens has joined Aston Villa

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082035/Enda-Stevens-eyes-Stephen-Warnock-help-Aston-Villa.html - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082035/Enda-Stevens-eyes-Stephen-Warnock-help-Aston-Villa.html

Posted By: The Drifter
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Getting shirty: Promising Irish full-back Enda Stevens has joined Aston Villa

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082035/Enda-Stevens-eyes-Stephen-Warnock-help-Aston-Villa.html - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2082035/Enda-Stevens-eyes-Stephen-Warnock-help-Aston-Villa.html

they could have at least taken the tag off the jersey LOL

-------------
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:04pm
Given that it's the Mail, I'm shocked that article didn't finish with the line "Bloody foreigners, coming over here, taking our jobs"!

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by davekoolhill davekoolhill wrote:

Best of luck to Stevens. 

When he initially signed for villa, he said that he was nowhere near the physical ability and fitness of the other villa players and the villa management were concerned as to whether or not he would be able to make the grade.

However, Enda then got Dubs footballer philly mcmahon to be his personal trainer, and mcmahon runs his own physical and fitness regime. Enda spent months at that, and was over at villa before christmas for an assessment and the staff couldn't believe how fit he had become. 

Enda said last week that he couldn't wait to apply this fitness and ability in the premier league, so best of luck to him. I reckon he might surprise us all. 

Philly is a class trainer and a sound bloke...

Paul Bealin my gaelic manager gets Philly down a good bit to assess our fitness and to give out programme's never any complaints from our lads , he's a top trainer no wonder Enda is feeling the benefits Clap

Hope Enda takes his chance and makes it over at Villa!!

-------------
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Date Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 4:24am
That whole image looks a little photoshopped! :D 

Best of luck to Enda. 

-------------
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DaveOGradyMedia" rel="nofollow - DaveOGradyMedia

Posted By: aviva8
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:50pm
Played his first game for the reserves last night.Played well too.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:15pm
I think Steven's will break into the Villa team by next year. 

He looks a great prospect. Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:24pm
Will Villa loan him out for the rest of the season or will he play reserve's , what do you think lads??

-------------

Posted By: Drummerboy
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:36pm
Hope he makes it over there. Villa seem happy with his acquisition.

Posted By: t_rAndy
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Will Villa loan him out for the rest of the season or will he play reserve's , what do you think lads??
Doubt they'll loan him out for the remainder of this season. They will want to have a good look at him first hand and get him accustomed to the place. Maybe if he is still not up to the level at the start of next season then he might go out on loan.

Warnock has been shocking the past 2 seasons so there is a chance for him you would think.

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Played his first game for the reserves last night.Played well too.
involved in the goal

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 1:47pm

Villa have Hutton and Warnock at left full, both have been repeatedly found out this season. I can definitely see him getting into the first team before the end of the month, never mind the end of the season

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:04pm
It would be great if he managed to get a few EPL games under his belt from now until the end of the season , he could become another genuine option for Trap after the Euro's if he takes his chance at Aston Villa!

Your right lads Hutton is a bomb scare and Warnock has gone back a fair bit , money's tight at Villa Park so maybe he will get his chance! Hope so Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:45pm
Enda has a serious chance to have a great career .

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 17 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: The Saint
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 2:47pm

Enda has a serious chance to have a great career .

yeah has a good future ahead of him, still has a lot to learn though

-------------
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 7:25pm
Ah yeah, absolutely the lad has a good bit to learn but he will, he's only a pup.  

-------------

Posted By: HHaller
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 11:40am
With the poor quality of left backs at Villa he's got to have a great chance of game time before the end of the season.  Warnock and Hutton are not up to much.  Great to see Premiership clubs scouting LOI.  

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 12:45pm
Hutton is sh*te and a dirty knacker.  Dunno how he's a pro footballer at all. 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 7:27pm
I see Enda Stevens has made the initial 24 man squad for the game against Everton.

-------------

Posted By: darman28
Date Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 6:09pm
Wondering hows Enda Stevens been getting on if anybody knows? Has he been play regular for the reserves & if so hows he playing?

Date Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 11:19pm
Stevens has played 4 games and got 3 assists in the reserve premier league, not a bad start for him

-------------

Posted By: Big Mc
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 12:36am
Enda is a great prospect for the future and hopefully he will get a chance of some first team game time at Villa before the end of the season.

-------------
Where not here for a long time so let have a good time!!!

Posted By: Tom Parker
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 8:45am
Enda's actually captained the reserves on a couple of occasions, too.

Despite Warnock's poor form and the fact he's been dropped a couple of times, he's yet to feature at all for the first team. Carlos Cuellar actually played there last week, and Nathan Baker's been on the bench as the left-back back-up while Clark's injured.

I'm guessing we'll see him next season.

Date Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 9:24am
Playing well for the reserved by all accounts. Next season is massive for him.

Posted By: Boston Hoop
Date Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 2:41pm
He has a ways to go before the first team I'd say. His form dipped off badly before his move from Rovers. That said, I understand he went through some serious family issues. Hopefully he keeps focused and gets his chance eventually. 

Posted By: sonofakeano
Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 2:48pm
Makes the bench alongside Carruthers and Williams today

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by sonofakeano sonofakeano wrote:

Makes the bench alongside Carruthers and Williams today

Glad to hear it , it would be great if he could an apperance or two before the seasons out!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:00pm
Just seen that there when looking through the team sheets on the BBC website.Great to see him making progress.Ya I agree 1 or 2 apperances before the end of the season would be great.Aston Villa have a thin squad so we could easliy see alot of him & alot of the irish youngesters next season.Delighted for him

Date Posted: 07 Apr 2012 at 4:31pm
Left full just came off,but ES didn't come on

-------------

Posted By: The Boy Z
Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 12:46am
Watched the Reserves Final tonight.Stevens played very well for Villa.Needs to either make his break through into the First Team or go out on loan next season.

United won on pens by the way Thumbs Up

-------------
Theres only one sport that matters..

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:18am
Did Grealish get a run?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by The Boy Z The Boy Z wrote:

Watched the Reserves Final tonight.Stevens played very well for Villa.Needs to either make his break through into the First Team or go out on loan next season.

United won on pens by the way Thumbs Up

Great news, thanks Z.  I reckon he'll get his chance next season.  Keep it going Enda. Clap

-------------

Posted By: farfar
Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 5:34pm
Watched it aswell due to the amount of Irish lads playing. Thought he was solid at the back until Brady came on but had a hard time with him after. Could have had an assist or 2 aswell played well in an attacking sense.
Ye Grealish played about 70 mins or so and found it hard to get into the game when ever he got the ball though you could tell he had quality.
Williams was solid at CB for Villa
Drennan was a bit isolated aswell think he was playing up front on his own.
Carruthers was probably the best of the Villa irish had a poor enough start with some slack passes but grew into the game and started to make things happen. Had a shot blocked off the line after a good run and 1 2 and keeper made a good save from him in the second half aswell. Keeper saved his pen in the shoot out. Would put it more down to a good save than a bad peno.

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 5:40pm
That Robbie Brady??

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 6:17pm
Ye he started on the bench came on after about 50 mins looked dangerous aswell.

Posted By: Cunny kenningham
Date Posted: 11 May 2012 at 10:00pm
I just hope he's not the next Jay O Shea.

Posted By: captainc
Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 10:59pm
Started the friendly against Burton at the weekend...early days yet...hopefully Lambert values him.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 11:49pm
Samir Carruthers started for them as well, first start for both players

-------------
All goals, yellow & red cards posted in real time on http://twitter.com/irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - twitter and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Posted By: Sono
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 12:16am
Enda assisted the first goal which was an OG but it was still a nice move, he did well.

Posted By: jokeshop
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 1:29am
SSN lad pronounced it 'Enda Stefans'. 

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 7:41am
Hopefully he gets this chance this season.

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 9:45am
That's encouraging alright, hopefully a breakthrough season for him, but lads, if he gets in the team, don't be pushing for him to be playing against the Germans in October even though left back is a problem position for us. Give the lad time.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 1:47pm

That's encouraging alright, hopefully a breakthrough season for him, but lads, if he gets in the team, don't be pushing for him to be playing against the Germans in October even though left back is a problem position for us. Give the lad time.

LOL if he starts one game for villa between august and October lads on here will be calling for him to be starting against the Germans.

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

LOL if he starts one game for villa between august and October lads on here will be calling for him to be starting against the Germans.
to be captain against the germans.....

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 2:57pm

dont see this lad making the grade unfortunately, hope im wrong but does not look good enough.

#AlanBenneteatyourheatout

-------------

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

dont see this lad making the grade unfortunately, hope im wrong but does not look good enough.

#AlanBenneteatyourheatout

Have to agree with that. When he was good he was certainly showing potential for a better standard than the LoI. However he had a propensity to go into dreamland for months on end. He is a decent second tier of England quality if he stays clued in - I really can't see him making it in the EPL or being a long term Irish #3. Again, hope I am wrong, but I don't think I will be.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2012 at 3:21pm
Citz/RTID, totally disagree, I think this lad has a great chance, was outstanding up to the tragic loss of his sister, I believe his performances against Copenhagen and particularly Partizan Belgrade got him his move to Villa.  I hope you are proved wrong RTID, time will tell but I really believe this lad will become a top left back, he's only a kid still.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 12:57am
Best of luck to Enda either way , he's living the dream and hopefully he can make the grade.

-------------

Posted By: Barry
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 1:01am
No reason why he can't make an instant impact for Villa in the EPL  just like former LOI players like McClean and  Coleman. Stevens always looked a class act with Shams.

Posted By: roverstillidie
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

No reason why he can't make an instant impact for Villa in the EPL  just like former LOI players like McClean and  Coleman. Stevens always looked a class act with Shams.

I beg to differ.

-------------
He is Karl Pilkington in the LOI section and Karl Marx outwith it

Posted By: smart man
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 7:15pm
Hope he gets a run, maybe Rovers might get another few quit if he makes a few appearances in the PL.
if he stays at Villa and in or around the squad I would think he will pick up a few caps. 

-------------
alive and kicking

Posted By: orourkeda
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2012 at 8:03pm

He hasnt made an instant impact. He's been there for several months and has seen very little in the way of competitive first team action.

Considering that this was during a very poor season for aston villa he has a lot of work to do. 

Looking a class act for Shamrock Rovers is one thing.This is another completely.

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 1:00am
Originally posted by orourkeda orourkeda wrote:

He hasnt made an instant impact. He's been there for several months and has seen very little in the way of competitive first team action.

Considering that this was during a very poor season for aston villa he has a lot of work to do. 

Looking a class act for Shamrock Rovers is one thing.This is another completely.

McClean didn't have an immediate impact either, wasn't given a chance until MON took over, and btw I thought he was quite average for Derry (he never struck me as one to get a move in the games I saw of him )

Posted By: orourkeda
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2012 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by UCD AFC UCD AFC wrote:

McClean didn't have an immediate impact either, wasn't given a chance until MON took over, and btw I thought he was quite average for Derry (he never struck me as one to get a move in the games I saw of him )

James McClean made the Sunderland first team within three months of signing. I think James McLean needs to do next season what he did last season to have "made it". Otherwise it will appear like a flash in the pan.

Enda Stevens has struggled to even make the bench at Villa in a longer period. He's been at the club for seven months and only made his first start last weekend in a pre season friendly game against lowerleague opposition

Date Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 12:01am

James McClean made the Sunderland first team within three months of signing. I think James McLean needs to do next season what he did last season to have "made it". Otherwise it will appear like a flash in the pan.

Enda Stevens has struggled to even make the bench at Villa in a longer period. He's been at the club for seven months and only made his first start last weekend in a pre season friendly game against lowerleague opposition
Took McClean around 5 months to get his first start other than that he was just making the bench and getting the very odd sub appearance. Stevens made the bench a few times and his contract with Villa only began in January meaning he was only there for 5 months of competitive games.

Anyway they have a friendly tonight against Philadelphia and he is on the bench. 

Posted By: captainc
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 4:24am
Came on this evening on the hour mark, played left back, done ok, bit shaky at times. He can only improve although not sure if youll see him lining out regularly. He always could go on loan to a championship or L1 side to prove himself.

Clark was good tonight at centre-half, he'll give Dunne who came on as sub and Collins competition for a starting spot.

Ireland was taken off at half time, wasn't great.

Posted By: The U
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 12:07pm
that their first or second game back? wouldn't read too much into it if so

Posted By: Boston Hoop
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 3:08am
Wouldn't much in to any pre-season match. Macheda plays and scores every year for United pre-season and has hardly featured the past two seasons. Let's hope he can get plenty of game time to settle in to the squad but it'll be a few games in Aug/Sept before we'd learn anything as to whether he has the pace, concentration etc to make a career in the PL. 

Posted By: wrestler313
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 7:42am
wish he and cunningham could somehow switch clubs! 

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Took McClean around 5 months to get his first start other than that he was just making the bench and getting the very odd sub appearance. Stevens made the bench a few times and his contract with Villa only began in January meaning he was only there for 5 months of competitive games.

Anyway they have a friendly tonight against Philadelphia and he is on the bench. 

Are people forgetting Villa were fighting for their lives last season? McLeish was hardly going to throw in a youngster from the LOI into the depths of the bottom end of the EPL table when every game was do or die!

-------------

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:23am
Villa are trying to sign a young left back off Ipswich - Aaron Creswell. Wouldn't be good for Stevens if that happened

Edit: Wrong first name

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:52pm
Every manager wants a big squad, if Enda's good enough (and I think he is) he'll get his chance, will be up to him to show Lambert he can cut it.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Villa are trying to sign a young left back off Ipswich - Aaron Creswell. Wouldn't be good for Stevens if that happened

Atleast it's not a big name left back coming in with international pedigree , Cresswell is joining from Ipswich with alot to prove like Enda at EPL level. Ah sure look we all know if Enda is good enough he'll make it Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: Clonbhoy
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 1:42pm

Atleast it's not a big name left back coming in with international pedigree , Cresswell is joining from Ipswich with alot to prove like Enda at EPL level. Ah sure look we all know if Enda is good enough he'll make it Thumbs Up
Enda story

-------------
A man can have no greater love than give 90 minutes to his friends. @withgodlygrace

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 24 Aug 2012 at 3:42pm
Is he getting any game time in the reserves even?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:30pm
Makes his long awaited debut for Villa tonight.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:41pm
Best of luck Enda.

Posted By: Salzburglilly
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:43pm
Hope he does well.

-------------
"Shane Long against Neueeeerrr"

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 7:59pm
Derrick Williams and Graham Burke on the bench as well, alongside Shay Given

-------------
All goals, yellow & red cards posted in real time on http://twitter.com/irish_abroad" rel="nofollow - twitter and https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatisics" rel="nofollow - facebook

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:24pm
An assist for Enda

Posted By: Gem
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:26pm
This his first competitive?

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Gem Gem wrote:

Correct

Posted By: Gem
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by Gem Gem wrote:

Correct

Thumbs Up

Best of luck to him

Posted By: HuntysCousin
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 9:48pm
A very good assist according to the BBC live reports.Hopefully he can keep impressing in this cup at least and make his way into some league squads

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 10:30pm
Was curruthers injured or just not picked?

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2012 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Was curruthers injured or just not picked?
Himself and Grealish are in Holland to play in the Nextgen tomorrow night. You would have thought he would be in the squad for tonights game though considering he got a bit of game time during pre-season.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 7:36pm
Bennett has signed for Villa a LB so am guessing that knocks Enda back a bit, would be a good iðea to go out on loan get some experience playing championship maybe....

Posted By: Tom Parker
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 8:57pm
Thought Stevens did great on his debut last night, did well to make our opening goal.

Graham Burke also made his debut from the bench - looked bright and brimming with confidence.

Posted By: SteviesGranny
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 4:13pm
That's three young left backs at Aston Villa now (if you include Nathan Baker as a left back)

Will have his work cut out for him to make the breakthrough.

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 4:17pm

That's three young left backs at Aston Villa now (if you include Nathan Baker as a left back)

Will have his work cut out for him to make the breakthrough.

Main thing is though he's young, I still think he'll make it at top level even if doesn't eventually pan out with Villa.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 7:28pm
On bench tonight

Date Posted: 30 Oct 2012 at 8:24pm
According to BBC website hes playing now,he has come on in the 30th minute for Herd.He'll get an hour of game time under his belt.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net