You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 230>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:46pm
He did well when he came on, but the nature of the game at the time suited him, united were bombing forward to get an equaliser leaving space at the back. He needs to get his position sorted. I dont see him as an effective winger in the long term and his defensive liabilities are hindering him from getting a chance as a right back. 
Sponsored Links

deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:49pm
and to be fair hibbert made a few good challenges at RB 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

He did well when he came on, but the nature of the game at the time suited him, united were bombing forward to get an equaliser leaving space at the back. He needs to get his position sorted. I dont see him as an effective winger in the long term and his defensive liabilities are hindering him from getting a chance as a right back. 

Agree 100% with everything
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 8:34pm
starting right back tonight, everton up 3 nil.
Whacha gonna do
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

starting right back tonight, everton up 3 nil.

4 nil now, 2 for Mirallas.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 8:41pm
Hows coleman playing?any assists?
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 9:17pm
duffy on at half time for jagielka
Whacha gonna do
connordonegal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connordonegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 9:25pm
just assisted fifth goal
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 9:54pm
Neville went off injured and hibbert an injury worry for everton at the moment. possibly we could finally see coleman get a few games at right back at a higher level?heres hoping
Whacha gonna do
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2012 at 10:08pm
How did Duffy Do?
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 12:02am
got man of the match tonight, well done seamyClap

fuffy was fine, off on loan now in the next few weeks to the champo apparently for young shane.
Whacha gonna do
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 1:03am
News just in that Kerzy, Rainpaulo, Gufct, Horsebox and several other YBIGers are flying to Liverpool first thing in the morning to explain to David Moyes exactly why Seamus Coleman can't be trusted at right back. The fact he got man of the match tonight, Everton kept a clean sheet and he managed to assist the fifth goal means nothing. There is no way Coleman could ever play there for Ireland and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous, particularly when we have players of the proven caliber of Paul McShane to step in at right back.  
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 1:16am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

News just in that Kerzy, Rainpaulo, Gufct, Horsebox and several other YBIGers are flying to Liverpool first thing in the morning to explain to David Moyes exactly why Seamus Coleman can't be trusted at right back. The fact he got man of the match tonight, Everton kept a clean sheet and he managed to assist the fifth goal means nothing. There is no way Coleman could ever play there for Ireland and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous, particularly when we have players of the proven caliber of Paul McShane to step in at right back.  

LOL
The main thing is not to panic
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 2:11am

superb Clap
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 4:36am
Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

superb Clap

LOL Doing the night shift in work and logged on to see that....fair play is funny...BUT Coleman and playing fullback is something I have'nt moaned about.
AnywayClap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 8:45am

You must ask the question why has Trap and Moyes not being playing Coleman regularly at right full since that is where he started?

The answer I would assume is that both managers seem to think that Coleman is a liability at defending and I personally agree.
There have been various times that I have seen Coleman "trying" tp defend and giving away unnecessary free kicks and penalties - Fa Cup semi final would be the main one that springs to mind.

I also believe that his attributes would make him a better winger.

You also need to consider the opposition that Everton were playing today.
Leyton Orient are currently 2nd bottom of League One Embarrassed

I have also gone on to say that Coleman could play right full but only in a certain formation.

Edited by horsebox - 30 Aug 2012 at 8:55am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 10:15am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You must ask the question why has Trap and Moyes not being playing Coleman regularly at right full since that is where he started?

The answer I would assume is that both managers seem to think that Coleman is a liability at defending and I personally agree.
There have been various times that I have seen Coleman "trying" tp defend and giving away unnecessary free kicks and penalties - Fa Cup semi final would be the main one that springs to mind.

I have also gone on to say that Coleman could play right full but only in a certain formation.

I can't add any more. Plus O' Brien and Kelly have bags and bags more experience at RB against much better opposition than Coleman has ever faced in that position (albeit the former from a few years ago). 

We're actually very short on wingers atm and reckon it's more important for us that he gets a few games in the Everton team in that position.
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I can't add any more. Plus O' Brien and Kelly have bags and bags more experience at RB against much better opposition than Coleman has ever faced in that position (albeit the former from a few years ago). 

We're actually very short on wingers atm and reckon it's more important for us that he gets a few games in the Everton team in that position.

yeah but has kelly done a good job against these experienced opposition? my answer would be no. he is very limited. at least coleman gives us some sort of attackking talent akin to the likes of finnan, gary kelly and carr who held that position before. we need that now more than ever. we are so limited and predictable playing the usual crop. the opposition will struggle with the pace of coleman.
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 230>
  Share Topic